curious about something

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Skavenged
Pet Score:9590
Realm:Cairne-us
curious about something

Post by Skavenged » October 2nd, 2014, 7:58 am

As a pretty hardcore pet collector, I usually browse the AH a few times per week to see if there are any hard-to-get or underpriced pets out there. During my many months of doing it, I've noticed that there is one guy that ALWAYS has tons of the very rare pets for sale. Multiple Soul Traders, multiple Spectral Tigers, etc. Those wouldn't bother me, since they are TCG pets and could reasonably be gotten if someone really invests in the TCG. But he also always has multiples of the ridiculous grind pets. Multiple Hyacinth Macaws, multiple Black Tabbys, multiple Crawling Claws etc. Not to mention multiples of most of the high end raid pets that can't be soloed, as well as the expensive crafted pets.

Is this possible? I don't know about the rest of you, but most of my rare pets took ages to get. The crawling claw alone took me two years of constant work.

Caega
Pet Score:5857
Realm:Dath'Remar-us

Re: curious about something

Post by Caega » October 2nd, 2014, 8:31 am

If your observations are correct, then it would seem that it is possible.

Digem
MVP
Pet Score:13800
Realm:Fizzcrank-us

Post by Digem » October 2nd, 2014, 8:43 am

Thier is one person on my realm that does the same thing.
Technically yes it is possible but the probability is slim.
Now this person could be buying them at a reduced price on other servers.
Pets are account bound and the prices do drastically fluctuate on different servers.
But with all the high pets that flooded the market it does seem dubious.

Awq
Realm:Shattered Halls-eu

Post by Awq » October 2nd, 2014, 8:46 am

Flipping pets between servers is a decent way to earn gold. Once you have enough gold, the amount/rarity of pets that you flip does not matter.

Chibimage
Top Rater
Pet Score:12649
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Chibimage » October 2nd, 2014, 9:26 am

There is also large amounts of duping that goes on, so there is that.

Tekulve2012
Pet Score:4376
BattleTag®:kingsfoiler#1479
Realm:Sisters of Elune-us

Post by Tekulve2012 » October 2nd, 2014, 10:25 am

AH pets are bought and sold with gold. So even if the pets are a 'grind' pet, it is possible for a seller to have a ton of them. I would say they are not duped but instead that the dupers' profits are being spread out to 2nd and 3rd tier buy/sells.

Dont forget that there are many sites that sell WoW gold for cash on any realm. So even low/med. pop servers' gold can and is converted to cash on the Internet.

I wondered the same thing when I saw a toon selling 9 Crawling Claws all on the same realm a couple of months ago- and not at what you'd call bargain prices~ 15-18k apiece

It all boils down to 'non-pet lovers' profiting and real pet lovers waiting for November 13th in the hopes that some pets will be fun to own and worth a few gold pieces once again

Awq
Realm:Shattered Halls-eu

Post by Awq » October 2nd, 2014, 12:24 pm

When I was trying to increase my stable of pets, I focused on making gold through pets. It was a market that I was interested in as buyer, which allowed me to use gathered knowledge to my advantage as seller.
I owned 6 Crawling Claws at some point.
There is also large amounts of duping that goes on, so there is that.
That is true!
I believe that most dupers do their trades through direct trades rather than AH. It has a major influence on the market though. They might try to change their selling strategies, but I assume that the AH takes too long (most likely) for temporary characters.