Baby Ape

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Jefra
Pet Score:2300
BattleTag®:redbaronkain#1261
Realm:Frostmane-us
Baby Ape

Post by Jefra » September 24th, 2014, 3:35 pm

So the Baby Ape is the only pet left that I need for my zookeeper achievement. I know that the pet only shows up when it's raining but how often does it rain on that island? I have had a character parked there for the last couple days and I log on it semi frequently to check but was just curious if anyone had any idea how often it actually rains?

Quaras
Pet Score:7007
Realm:Vek'nilash-us

Re: Baby Ape

Post by Quaras » September 24th, 2014, 4:08 pm

This one is quite painful and the way I found to do it was park there and get invites to other realms to check periodically. The big problem is that you cant really tell if it is raining until you are there -- you cant observe from the shore.

Fauxfur
Pet Score:1389
Realm:Area 52-us

Post by Fauxfur » September 25th, 2014, 5:28 pm

you'll hear when it's raining the only way I finally did it was leaving wow on in the background with the noise on while I was at home and finally heard the noise and had time to battle tons of apes

Jefra
Pet Score:2300
BattleTag®:redbaronkain#1261
Realm:Frostmane-us

Post by Jefra » September 25th, 2014, 9:18 pm

Ok I got this pet earlier today to get my achievement! Here's what I did to get it. I was on the island and I just kept queing up for Ordos and Celestials. This would transfer for to different servers. It still took me a long time to find rain but I finally found a server and got my baby ape! :)

Opteron
MVP
Pet Score:12968
BattleTag®:Opteron#1953
Realm:Lightninghoof-us

Post by Opteron » September 25th, 2014, 11:59 pm

Nice strat jumping servers like that! Going to try it with Pebble dailies :)

Maizing
Pet Score:5724
BattleTag®:Maizing#1456
Realm:Feathermoon-us

Post by Maizing » September 26th, 2014, 3:45 am

I lucked out when I got my first one, it was raining at the time I happened to go there when I first started hunting pets in that zone. Then I had a reason to want to get a second one...

I have alts on 5 or 6 realms as it is, so I just parked an alt there from each and alt-hopped. It didn't take long at all to get the second one that way.

Echinacea
Pet Score:10214
Realm:Ravencrest-us

Post by Echinacea » September 26th, 2014, 10:40 am

how do you jump servers? i dont understand this phasing thing

when i fly from orgrimmar to winterspring to fight trixxy, i pass by some huge rare monster on the hill when flying in....see it every time. but if after landing i run over there....he is always gone (even when noone is in the zone....happens every day)

Grizzly_uk
Top Rater
Pet Score:7856
Realm:Hellscream-eu

Post by Grizzly_uk » September 26th, 2014, 12:25 pm

Echinacea wrote:how do you jump servers? i dont understand this phasing thing

when i fly from orgrimmar to winterspring to fight trixxy, i pass by some huge rare monster on the hill when flying in....see it every time. but if after landing i run over there....he is always gone (even when noone is in the zone....happens every day)
When you take a flightpath your character remains on your home realm but once you land you get "phased" into the connected zone. I don't know the full proper technical explanation, I just consider zone's to be similar to a dungeon instance these days, which is pretty much what a connected zone is as far as I understand it. It's similar to how the dungeon finder works, the game simply takes characters from their home realms and puts them together into a connected realm.

It's supposed to be a fairly seamless process, but I find that when I'm flying on my own flying mount the game will often "pause" very briefly whenever I cross from one zone to another. I think one of the biggest things that stands out is when you follow someone across a zone border and they vanish, or you get on a boat along with several others but they're all gone once the "transition" to your destination is complete.
Playing WoW since 2005!

Echinacea

Post by Echinacea » September 26th, 2014, 12:42 pm

Grizzly_uk wrote:
Echinacea wrote:how do you jump servers? i dont understand this phasing thing

When you take a flightpath your character remains on your home realm but once you land you get "phased" into the connected zone. I don't know the full proper technical explanation, I just consider zone's to be similar to a dungeon instance these days, which is pretty much what a connected zone is as far as I understand it. It's similar to how the dungeon finder works, the game simply takes characters from their home realms and puts them together into a connected realm.

It's supposed to be a fairly seamless process, but I find that when I'm flying on my own flying mount the game will often "pause" very briefly whenever I cross from one zone to another. I think one of the biggest things that stands out is when you follow someone across a zone border and they vanish, or you get on a boat along with several others but they're all gone once the "transition" to your destination is complete.

i remember the tedious zoning in Everquest back in '01.....walking down a hall....zoning...then not knowing which direction you were going and continue down the hall only to spend another couple of minutes zoning back to where you came

GrosBonda
Pet Score:10429
BattleTag®:Grosbonda#1406
Realm:Arygos-us

Post by GrosBonda » September 26th, 2014, 9:12 pm

raining here and i have spotted a blue B/B
contact me

edit : sun is back ...best luck next time

Wakamaru
MVP
Pet Score:12165
BattleTag®:Wakamaru#1375
Realm:Bladefist-us

Post by Wakamaru » September 27th, 2014, 3:20 am

If anyone is searching for the Baby Ape still and could like to cross-server check for them, I am more than happy to help. Feel free to add me and hit me up for invites anytime :)

Wakamaru#1375
@TamerWakamaru

Echinacea

Post by Echinacea » September 29th, 2014, 8:49 am

Wakamaru wrote:If anyone is searching for the Baby Ape still and could like to cross-server check for them, I am more than happy to help. Feel free to add me and hit me up for invites anytime :)

Wakamaru#1375
if my toon is on ravencrest, how would i do a cross server check?