Share pet collecting news and advice.
Profane
Top Rater
Pet Score:4105
BattleTag®:profane#1515
Realm:Zul'jin-us
ATTN: Rare hunters!

Post by Profane » September 26th, 2014, 12:33 am

So I've ditched the idea of doing my dailies enough to get enough stones to make all my pets rare....just seems too daunting. So for like the last week I've gone through and found out the zones with the most NON-rares in my collection and looked around for rares. The problem is, for new ones to pop up I have to kill them. What if it has a rare that I DON'T need? What a waste of a rare! So I propose an idea!

Hunting buddies. Don't need to actually hunt at the exact time, but if your buddy is on and you know they're looking for X rare when you're looking for Y....it's like having 2 people searching for your rare! Lemme give you an example....

I've been doing Hyjal tonight. I had EIGHT pets that I was looking for rares for. I found 6. Let's say I choose one of those, and I know someone who's also looking for rares. I tell them which rare I'm having a hard time on, and while THEY search for the rare THEY need, if they happen to see one YOU need they let you know! And they let you know which rare they're having a hard time finding, and if you happen to see one you let them know!

This would even be more super useful if you pick a pet that's listed to be in like 6 different zones :-p And you can pick up a couple buddies, and just put in their btag note which pet they're searching for (incase you're forgetful like me >.<).

Like, the one that's been haunting me, that's in a lot of zones is [pet]Maggot[/pet]. I'd LOVE to get like 3-4 hunting buddies so we can help each other out, PLUS we all know we're bored and waiting for WoD. WHO'S IN? :)

Amhaa
Pet Score:2947
Realm:Sisters of Elune-us

Re: ATTN: Rare hunters!

Post by Amhaa » September 26th, 2014, 2:13 pm

I'm totally in! I haven't chosen a zone yet today to try but I will give out my btag to any who would like to let me know what they are looking for. Just whisper me and I will let you know if I come across one!

Thanks for the idea!

Here is my btag: Amhaa#1620

~Amhaa
GM of Tamagotchi
Sister's of Elune/Cenarion Circle

Profane
Top Rater

Post by Profane » September 26th, 2014, 4:48 pm

Yay! Helped me find my Maggot, and tonight we're gonna round up BOTH our lists of rares left in Hyjal :D

Profane
Top Rater

Post by Profane » September 26th, 2014, 6:39 pm

Gonna be working on Stranglethorn till my buddy gets on. If anyone wants a heads up on getting a baby ape! profane#1515

Wakamaru
MVP
Pet Score:12165
BattleTag®:Wakamaru#1375
Realm:Bladefist-us

Post by Wakamaru » September 27th, 2014, 3:21 am

If anyone would like to make use of cross-realm checking for pets, I am more than happy to extend invites. Feel free to add me and hit me up for invites :)

I'm also happy to help you hunt for rares if I am not already occupied.

Wakamaru#1375
@TamerWakamaru

Profane
Top Rater

Post by Profane » September 27th, 2014, 12:30 pm

Yea Wakamaru, it's never even about your buddy MAKING you hunt or hunting at the same time even. It just the if you know your buddy is having a hard time with X pet, and you happen to see it and they're on, you say "Hey, I found X pet as a rare! You wanna come grab him?".

Yesterday me and Amhaa were both on when I sent the friend invite, we talked about which rares were bugging us the most. I said well I'm doing some dailies right now but I'll be hunting later, but she went to go hunt then. I logged off, dumped a toon in the area she was just to make it so I didn't have to run back and forth and she didn't have to wait, and then went back to what I was doing. She found the one I was wanting, and I went and grabbed it :D. Later that night I was farming for a couple of mine in Hyjal, and I THINK I ended up finding 2 she needed :D (although if you think they're not hunting at all and you're doing a lot it's your prerogative to drop the buddy too)

Yazhi
MVP
Pet Score:4810
Realm:Emerald Dream-eu

Post by Yazhi » September 27th, 2014, 1:26 pm

Love the idea, add yazhi#2586 and ill let you know when I farm!

Amhaa

Post by Amhaa » September 27th, 2014, 7:53 pm

Azaelia wrote:Love the idea, add yazhi#2586 and ill let you know when I farm!
I sent you a btag request as well. Profane and I have been working together the last two days and it has been great going with the two of us! Glad to have more interest!

Amhaa
GM Tamagotchi

Profane
Top Rater

Post by Profane » September 27th, 2014, 10:43 pm

Amhaa wrote:
Azaelia wrote:Love the idea, add yazhi#2586 and ill let you know when I farm!
I sent you a btag request as well. Profane and I have been working together the last two days and it has been great going with the two of us! Glad to have more interest!

Amhaa
GM Tamagotchi
Ditto! I'm actually gonna log back on here and do the add. :)

Amhaa

Post by Amhaa » September 28th, 2014, 1:48 am

Talalara wrote:People can be funny on this site....

This is not the first thread where people have asked or wanted help with hunting rares or pets of any kind.

But what I found is when you offer to help they either think you want to sell something or they act as if you may be a stalker. I have even announced in my area of hunt if anyone wants a blue rare I have found and again some think I am nuts or scamming.

Carry On

Tala
So, thanks to team work, Profane and I have caught 15 rares between the two of us JUST TODAY! Come on guys, join us and reap the rewards of awesome team work! And WOOT to Profane for his HUGE rare streak in Un'goro!! haha :D

Amhaa
GM Tamagotchi

Profane
Top Rater

Post by Profane » September 28th, 2014, 2:17 am

Amhaa wrote:

This is not the first thread where people have asked or wanted help with hunting rares or pets of any kind.

But what I found is when you offer to help they either think you want to sell something or they act as if you may be a stalker. I have even announced in my area of hunt if anyone wants a blue rare I have found and again some think I am nuts or scamming.

Carry On

Tala
So, thanks to team work, Profane and I have caught 15 rares between the two of us JUST TODAY! Come on guys, join us and reap the rewards of awesome team work! And WOOT to Profane for his HUGE rare streak in Un'goro!! haha :D

Amhaa
GM Tamagotchi
inorite? Like 4-5 new rares for you IN A ROW. I couldn't believe that (she couldn't finish catching one before I found another lol). Then I found the rare I was looking for right after. It's too bad there wasn't a sandstorm going on so I could continue that streak lol.

Wakamaru
MVP
Pet Score:12165
BattleTag®:Wakamaru#1375
Realm:Bladefist-us

Post by Wakamaru » September 28th, 2014, 3:32 am

Profane wrote:Yea Wakamaru, it's never even about your buddy MAKING you hunt or hunting at the same time even. It just the if you know your buddy is having a hard time with X pet, and you happen to see it and they're on, you say "Hey, I found X pet as a rare! You wanna come grab him?".
I'm not sure I understand your response to my offer to help someone else hunt for rares if they need it.

My offer stands to others would could use the help. My stable is fully rare and I am more than happy to help someone else hunt rares if they are in need. Either via physically checking and holding the pet(s), or if they just want to CRZ over to my side (for those tricky ones!).

When I am leveling or what-have-you and I come across a rare I nearly always ask fellow pet collecting friends if they need it, and if not - I ask in general chat. I figure a larger network of people to reach out to means more critters going to good homes! :)

I've run in to similar issues when I'm in a zone. I'm leveling my stable atm and I always ask in general chat if anyone in the zone is hunting rares and I offer to hold them - no sense in killing something someone else could use right? I've been met with odd suspicion on a number of occasions.

I always almost always post in my wall-post here that I am happy to help anyone hunt wild rares that they are still missing, same deal with that.

------------------------------------

Anyway - the offer remains! I level in Valley on a daily basis so I can hold rares in that zone at any time and I am more than happy to go elsewhere just for the sake of rare hunting to help a fellow pet collector out. Also happy to CRZ. Add me :)
@TamerWakamaru

Profane
Top Rater

Post by Profane » September 28th, 2014, 11:12 am

Wakamaru wrote:
Profane wrote:Yea Wakamaru, it's never even about your buddy MAKING you hunt or hunting at the same time even. It just the if you know your buddy is having a hard time with X pet, and you happen to see it and they're on, you say "Hey, I found X pet as a rare! You wanna come grab him?".
I'm not sure I understand your response to my offer to help someone else hunt for rares if they need it.

My offer stands to others would could use the help. My stable is fully rare and I am more than happy to help someone else hunt rares if they are in need. Either via physically checking and holding the pet(s), or if they just want to CRZ over to my side (for those tricky ones!).

When I am leveling or what-have-you and I come across a rare I nearly always ask fellow pet collecting friends if they need it, and if not - I ask in general chat. I figure a larger network of people to reach out to means more critters going to good homes! :)
After I saw your original post (which I don't have here), I thought there was some misunderstanding somewhere between my idea and what you were saying.....I don't have the original post infront of me so idk...
Wakamaru wrote:

I've run in to similar issues when I'm in a zone. I'm leveling my stable atm and I always ask in general chat if anyone in the zone is hunting rares and I offer to hold them - no sense in killing something someone else could use right? I've been met with odd suspicion on a number of occasions.

I always almost always post in my wall-post here that I am happy to help anyone hunt wild rares that they are still missing, same deal with that.
That's the problem. You guys apparently aren't anywhere near my CRZs, and it's not even just pandaria either (but I understand some people might still need some there, I know I still have a few in Jade). I've asked before and got no response. I've even asked if there are other pet people even IN the area (and not saying why I'm asking) and get no response. That's why I made this idea of having each other on our friends lists so when I'm out in Elwynn Forest and I find a rare that I don't need I can ask my buddies if they're on. If they're not? Boom the rare is dead. If they don't need it? Boom the raid is dead.

Simmias
Pet Score:4458
Realm:Frostmourne-us

Post by Simmias » September 28th, 2014, 8:25 pm

sounds like a good idea, I'm finally getting around to upgrading my commons and greens to rare. Been pretty rough finding rares :lol:
Add worstinslot#1622 :D

Amhaa

Post by Amhaa » September 29th, 2014, 3:04 pm

Simmias wrote:sounds like a good idea, I'm finally getting around to upgrading my commons and greens to rare. Been pretty rough finding rares :lol:
Add worstinslot#1622 :D

Btag request sent! I look forward to the hunt with you! :)

Amhaa
GM Tamagotchi

Aeonesti
MVP
Pet Score:5120
BattleTag®:Ducky#1198
Realm:Icecrown-us

Post by Aeonesti » October 2nd, 2014, 11:53 am

I ran out of stones 40 pets away from complete 25/rare :( unfortunately, my non-rares are scattered randomly about the world. I'll be sure to look for you guys when I get a chance to go hunting though!
~Aeonesti - Goblin Priest - Peons No More - Icecrown/Malygos~

Voskres
Top Rater
Pet Score:10910
BattleTag®:Vosk#1999
Realm:Cenarion Circle-us

Post by Voskres » October 2nd, 2014, 3:48 pm

Talalara wrote:This is going to be hilarious.

For anything pets. Whether it's hunting, upgrading & assisting with battle pet achievements.

Imzadi#1547

Let's see who bites.

Carry On

Tala
Stalker!