Best breed for Sporeling Sprout?

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Melmo
MVP
Pet Score:11046
BattleTag®:Melmo#1842
Realm:Whisperwind-us
Best breed for Sporeling Sprout?

Post by Melmo » September 23rd, 2014, 3:50 am

Hey everyone!!

I get curious about breeds for certain pets that have too many to choose from ([pet]Qiraji Guardling[/pet], [pet]Wildhammer Gryphon Hatchling[/pet], etc.) and I was wondering which to go for with for the [pet]Sporeling Sprout[/pet]?

I currently have the P/B breed. It's okay, it's nothing spectacular, and with its moveset I'm not sure if I should go for speed or power or both, lol. Please comment with your experiences, thanks! ;)

Jerebear
Pet Score:13370
Realm:Llane-us

Re: Best breed for Sporeling Sprout?

Post by Jerebear » September 23rd, 2014, 7:30 am

It really depends on what you want out of the pet. For PvE it is all about the specific encounter and the pet's moveset. Sometimes speed is better, sometimes power is better.

For PvP you don't know what the encounter is going to be like, so it goes to the moveset only. The sporeling sprout has crouch, which benefits from a speed breed, so going s/s means you'll most often go first and get an extra round of crouch. If a pet has moves like stun, crouch, sleep, interrupts, flank/tongue lash, alpha strike, etc., then speedier is usually better (but again, for PvE the actual encounter matters. If your opponent is 205 speed, most any breed will be faster).

For pets like this with multiple breeds and a varied moveset, I find having multiple breeds on hand for PvE is optimal.
Carry Pet Experience Reference Guide:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8829

Kpb321
Pet Score:3974
BattleTag®:kpb#1554
Realm:Sisters of Elune-us

Post by Kpb321 » September 23rd, 2014, 10:44 am

As Jerebear said it depends on the situation. Overall I don't really care for the pet or the move set so I don't really use him. Speed is helpful for crouch but it doesn't benefit any of the other moves and would make the most sense trying to do a tanky build but then you'd have Leech Seed which scales with Power and the humanoid passive that scales with hps. Not really the move effective setup.

Genome
Pet Score:2401
Realm:Sen'jin-us

Post by Genome » September 24th, 2014, 12:56 pm

Well, I will actually go out on a limb here and say that the p/p version is the best. Being slower with Crouch is not the end of the world. For instance, vs. a crow in a fresh match you will eat the initial CD, then Crouch, and be buffed for the NS. Not ideal, but not terrible. Same goes for a DAH. You either get blinded or poisoned, either of which sets up a Puncture. With Crouch up after the initial "debuff", you are set up very well to mitigate a lot of the puncture's dmg. Same goes for any number of setup moves (Howl->Whatever, Supercharge, Rain Dance, etc..). The p/p Sprout hits like a truck with Jab, and Leech Seed combined with Crouch gives him a bit of survivability. Or, you can run him with CF in a Moonlight setup, but I am not a huge fan of CF. I don't use him a lot, but I do believe he is one of the better Humanoids.

Awq
Realm:Shattered Halls-eu

Post by Awq » September 24th, 2014, 12:58 pm

I have had most success with a P/P and H/H Sporeling Sprout. I would recommend pure breeds for PvP.
The first Sporeling Sproutling that I caught was B/B. I released it, since it performed worse than my other Sproutlings.
I am tempted to release S/S and try P/S.

I use the Sporeling Sproutling with Jab, Crouch, Leech Seed, although I sometimes use Charge instead. Creeping Fungus can be useful too, although I have not used this ability since 5.2.

The difference between P/P and H/H feels huge. P/P does A LOT more damage, around 70 each hit. The H/H damage output is lacking, compared to P/P. H/H however has better survivability. Crouch + 1700 HP + Humanoid racial + weak heal ability is a great combination.

I think I prefer H/H, although P/P would be the better all-round pet.