What are you training?

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Finnelis
Pet Score:9316
Realm:Kirin Tor-eu
What are you training?

Post by Finnelis » September 17th, 2014, 2:33 am

Preparing for WoD, I've been running my tamer quest almost daily to stock up on battle stone, and make a little gold off the quest and the occasional pandaren spirit. Seeing as I've been at it for quite some time, I've come to the point where all my battle pets are lvl 25 even the ones of less than rare quality.

So here is my question, what do you do with the xp of your daily pet battle ? It seems a waste to loose all that carry pet experience, and yet I have no idea what pet to spend it on.

For now, I use it when I get a new pet that I'm going to sell, as selling lvl 25 pets usually increaseas their value, but I still find myself without a pet to spend the xp on most of the time. So how are you proceeeding? Any suggestions?

Klaital
Pet Score:4516
Realm:The Sha'tar-eu

Re: What are you training?

Post by Klaital » September 17th, 2014, 5:37 am

Well my goal is to eventually get all of my unique pets to lvl 25, so I am not going to run out of pets to level anytime soon. :p

Vek
Top Rater
Pet Score:3996
Realm:Aggramar-eu

Post by Vek » September 17th, 2014, 5:40 am

Sell your gained xp as a leveling service?

About the only thing you can do is fine-tune pet breeds.

Like you don't have a P/P Azure Crane Chick for example. Try grabbing a S/S Bonkers(yea it sucks hunting for Bonkers breeds). There is a 305 Power Ghostly Skull if you are into that. Lil' Bad wolf comes in both speedier or stronger breeds than B/B. Nether Ray Fry has an interesting 341 Power breed.

Since you already are at 25 with everything there really is not much else to level. Pehaps gifts for guildies who are just starting out? :P

I just stopped doing the dailies after I got all my pets to 25. Only do the weekly PvP and leveling an Alt through PvP gives me more than enough battle-stones.

Finnelis
Pet Score:9316
Realm:Kirin Tor-eu

Post by Finnelis » September 17th, 2014, 6:00 am

Vek wrote:Sell your gained xp as a leveling service?
That's probably the best idea I've heard, however, I kind of doubt there would be people in the market for that, but who knows? Any idea how much one might market such a service?
Vek wrote: About the only thing you can do is fine-tune pet breeds.

Like you don't have a P/P Azure Crane Chick for example. Try grabbing a S/S Bonkers(yea it sucks hunting for Bonkers breeds). There is a 305 Power Ghostly Skull if you are into that. Lil' Bad wolf comes in both speedier or stronger breeds than B/B. Nether Ray Fry has an interesting 341 Power breed.
I've thought of that, however, the problem with this is that getting the actual pet to level takes a significant amount of time and/or money that I'm not willing to spend just to fine-tune my collection as you put it. I will consider some of them though.

Anyway, thanks for the inputs and suggestions.

Chibimage
Top Rater
Pet Score:12649
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Chibimage » September 17th, 2014, 7:53 am

I have 595 unique pets and leveling is a bore to me (even on the Pandaria trainers) but, I'm doing it when I feel like it.

Considering what we'll be able to do in WoD with how easily available leveling stones and rare stones are going to be - the "grind" aspect of this entire mini-game is getting shown the door -- which I am all for. It's a tiny side-game to the main game and it should be 100% fun, none of it should be miserable! So I'm glad for that.

Ravnhawk
MVP
Pet Score:6534
BattleTag®:ravnhawk#1272
Realm:Zul'jin-us

Post by Ravnhawk » September 17th, 2014, 12:43 pm

I had been doing the Pandaran trainers daily - to level pets and stock up on stones. Mostly I level pets to sell or to give away to friends as a surprise.

Been working on Nat Pagle but I think I need to get more pet leveling done just for stones..

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Peanutty » September 17th, 2014, 1:28 pm

I would just pick up cheap/bargain pets and level them up to sell. People will still pay around 1k more for a level 25 pet versus a level 1.
Vek wrote: About the only thing you can do is fine-tune pet breeds.

I like this suggestion as well and did something similar not too long ago. Granted I chose different breeds than what Vek suggested (i.e. I went for a H/H Skull) but the idea is the same, going through the pets and breeds you have and trying to maximize some of them, especially if they're ones you use more.

Digem
MVP
Pet Score:13800
Realm:Fizzcrank-us

Post by Digem » September 17th, 2014, 4:40 pm

Chibimage wrote:I have 595 unique pets and leveling is a bore to me (even on the Pandaria trainers) but, I'm doing it when I feel like it.

Considering what we'll be able to do in WoD with how easily available leveling stones and rare stones are going to be - the "grind" aspect of this entire mini-game is getting shown the door -- which I am all for. It's a tiny side-game to the main game and it should be 100% fun, none of it should be miserable! So I'm glad for that.

to each his own I guess.
I have 599 unique pets and have leveled them all and liked it.
did it mainly thru pet tamer dailies.
just put alts at them all and leveled many an alt too.
know I have at least 20 of each pet type of stone waiting for the next expansion.

Rioriel
Top Rater
Pet Score:10504

Post by Rioriel » September 18th, 2014, 8:17 am

I was trying to level 2 a day up to 25, from whatever level. I reckoned, when I was estimating a release date for WoD that I should make it. Then I took a 3-month break, whoops. I'm mainly just getting a few 22s and 23s up to 25, hour at a time. Bit lacking in pet motivation really. Need a kick up the ass!

Klaital
Pet Score:4516

Post by Klaital » September 18th, 2014, 2:03 pm

Rioriel join the catch that pet threat in the pet collecting part and people will give you suggestions on what to level next! :)