Moonfang

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Szamboti
Pet Score:3291
Realm:Duskwood-us
Moonfang

Post by Szamboti » September 15th, 2014, 8:32 pm

At the very end of a wild pet battle, the word "Moonfang" came up(in orange letters) in the middle of my screen, just after the notification that my pet had leveled up. The word "Moonfang" also came up in my chat (in yellow letters). The pet that had leveled and was also the last pet to battle was my Dread Hatchling. Can anyone explain what this was?

Luciandk
Pet Score:3576
Realm:Argent Dawn-eu

Re: Moonfang

Post by Luciandk » September 16th, 2014, 2:22 am

Did you fight on Darkmoon Isle? Moonfang is a worldboss there.

Rioriel
Top Rater
Pet Score:10504
Realm:The Sha'tar-eu

Post by Rioriel » September 16th, 2014, 5:39 am

Moonfang had just spawned on Darkmoon Isle, you get a zone-wide announcement when she does.

Kendrah
MVP
Pet Score:9579
Realm:Thrall-us

Post by Kendrah » September 16th, 2014, 10:19 am

Szamboti wrote:At the very end of a wild pet battle, the word "Moonfang" came up(in orange letters) in the middle of my screen, just after the notification that my pet had leveled up. The word "Moonfang" also came up in my chat (in yellow letters). The pet that had leveled and was also the last pet to battle was my Dread Hatchling. Can anyone explain what this was?
Moonfang is a DM boss that shows up on one side of the island. It drops the pet Moon Moon. You have to kill the non-elite wolves, then elite wolves, before Moonfang will show herself. You get a message like 'Moonfang is in the woods' or something when she spawns.

Szamboti
Pet Score:3291
Realm:Duskwood-us

Post by Szamboti » September 16th, 2014, 3:12 pm

Thanks for all the theories so far, however this happened just before I posted and so the Darkmoon Fair had ended the previous day. This was the weirdest thing. Because it happened at the end of the battle, just after the notification that my Dread Hatchling had leveled to 25, I thought for a moment that I had won something. Checked my bags and nothing there... still have to run through my pets and check for an addition. Again, just the word "Moonfang", in orange letters, in the center of the screen, where all the other pet battle notifications are. It stayed on the screen for at least 20-30 seconds. And also in my chat, but in yellow letters. I sure would like to solve the mystery... ;)
Last edited by Szamboti on September 17th, 2014, 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » September 16th, 2014, 4:09 pm

Are you using any addons? It could be an addon that was somehow triggered when your pet leveled to 25, or maybe an addon not playing so nice with the Blizzard UI/warnings.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Jazeel
Pet Score:9583
Realm:Saurfang-us

Post by Jazeel » September 16th, 2014, 4:40 pm

perhaps "moonfang" is the new "the iceshard is melting" :mrgreen: