Murloc Harbor!

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Chibimage
Top Rater
Pet Score:12239
Realm:Stormrage-us
Murloc Harbor!

Post by Chibimage » September 12th, 2014, 4:35 pm

Just thought I'd pass on the info that I've got a site up, [url=http://murlocharbor.com]Murloc Harbor[/url] that has How-To videos of nearly everything. Eventually it will be everything :) I'm getting to them all, even the ones that don't seem that hard! You never know where people just want a little help, or to faceroll. This site is *just* pet battles. No news (we all get that here, and I've linked to this site from mine) nothing else. Videos and PvP silliness!

It's all on the new tech, too. The beta server. The mechanics of pet battles has changed a lot and I figured it would probably be a good idea to create the videos with the new tech instead of the old. I even have the Celestial Tournament on the beta (3 more tamers to go for that one)

I will also be having my Twitch.tv event/give away/stream again and that is coming soon!

Vek
Top Rater
Pet Score:3996
Realm:Aggramar-eu

Re: Murloc Harbor!

Post by Vek » September 13th, 2014, 1:35 am

Excellent work Chibimage!

Seems like wild magic + stampede is the new howlbomb.

Jerebear
Pet Score:13370
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Jerebear » September 13th, 2014, 8:16 am

It's even easier if you have a pet like chi-chi or the treasure goblin that can lay out wild magic and then feign/portal for the free swap. I have a multitude of teams where chi-chi is just there to look pretty and place wild magic. Chi-Chi + infected squirrel can do some mean damage to the first two pets of Taran Zhu for example.
Carry Pet Experience Reference Guide:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8829

Chibimage
Top Rater

Post by Chibimage » September 13th, 2014, 10:39 am

Thanks guys! :D

I *love* using Chi Chi and the free swap is genius, I didn't think of that :) Probably because I'm needing/liking the extra damage from the Rot+Undead+Stampede thing.

I didn't invent the combo, I'm not sure who figured it out first, but I've made good use of it!

The only Legendary that has been fixed and needs a new video is Eleanor the Undead Goat (LOVE that so much) Nature's Ward was working on her much the same as the crazy strong Cymre Brightblade daily in Gorgrond. They fixed the bug though (and I am glad they did) so when Eleanor pops up I'll work something out.

Vek
Top Rater
Pet Score:3996
Realm:Aggramar-eu

Post by Vek » September 13th, 2014, 12:28 pm

Chibimage, I couldn't find a way to contact you without posting on the forum. It just seems that your vid for Jeremy Feasel is incorrectly linked to the Yu-La video. :)

Jerebear
Pet Score:13370
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Jerebear » September 13th, 2014, 12:42 pm

Chibimage wrote: I *love* using Chi Chi and the free swap is genius, I didn't think of that :) Probably because I'm needing/liking the extra damage from the Rot+Undead+Stampede thing.
I like the Rot part of the combo a lot as well, but you can also use a pet like the infected squirrel and do:

Chi-Chi: wild magic
Chi-Chi: feign
Inf Squ: Creeping Fungus
Inf Squ: Stampede

Bling (make it rain + inflation) and blighted squirrel (wood chipper + stampede) have similar setups. Macabre Marionette has a couple of good combos with Dead Man's party as well.

With setups like these, the extra DoT makes up for the Rot damage if you are against an enemy where the DoT is strong against them. As an example, on Taran Zhu, the combo I mentioned above has creeping Fungus ticking for near 500 damage per tick, which obliterates the first Humanoid, even after he feigns and chips away at the second one enough for a good sweeper to finish.

Rot however is a much more versatile way to go if you don't have a good DoT that is strong versus your target. Ironically, I used the Rot,Wild magic, stampede combo against Chi-Chi using the senjin fetish and a giant sewer rat.
Carry Pet Experience Reference Guide:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8829

Tekulve2012
Pet Score:4376
BattleTag®:kingsfoiler#1479
Realm:Sisters of Elune-us

Post by Tekulve2012 » September 13th, 2014, 5:06 pm

Super job in the site Chibi, I don't have Facebook but here's my 'like' : :D

Very cool vids and excellent content

Chibimage
Top Rater

Post by Chibimage » September 14th, 2014, 10:13 am

Vek wrote:Chibimage, I couldn't find a way to contact you without posting on the forum. It just seems that your vid for Jeremy Feasel is incorrectly linked to the Yu-La video. :)
Thanks for the heads up! That is a YouTube issue. They -- can be buggy and wonky like mad. I'll see what I can do.

With regards to no way to contact me I didn't even think about that - I do have an email set up but I guess I have neglected to add it anywhere :D I will remedy that posthaste!

Thanks for the kind words all! I am excited for Live and bringing back my stream & giveaways as well!

Echinacea
Pet Score:10214
Realm:Ravencrest-us

Post by Echinacea » September 15th, 2014, 10:20 am

good job on the site.....it reminds me of how many more pets i need

Chibimage
Top Rater

Post by Chibimage » September 15th, 2014, 4:01 pm

Haha yeah I am a collector first and foremost - I get all my joy out of collecting - but the battling is delightfully fun and I love puzzles, too.

Tomorrow the final 3 Celestial Tournament vids should be up (as long as the Tamers on the beta switch appropriately)