Collection Bugs

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Stormrow
Pet Score:9203
Realm:Moonglade-eu
Collection Bugs

Post by Stormrow » December 3rd, 2012, 7:32 pm

I thought Blizz had sorted out the bugs with pets collected not showing in the achievement pages.
My pages still dont show the wharf rat or the crested owl as being collected.

Does anyone else have this problem too?

Zerdolf
Pet Score:2868
Realm:Doomhammer-us

Re: Collection Bugs

Post by Zerdolf » December 3rd, 2012, 8:59 pm

I haven't had time to take a thorough look at all of mine but I have noticed I still don't have credit for the Devouring Maggot. Am planning on double checking when I farm out a rare one and will see if I get credit then.

:D

Breehit
Pet Score:2996
Realm:Galakrond-us

Post by Breehit » December 4th, 2012, 11:20 am

I do not get credit for wharf rat, crested owl, crimson moth, swamp moth and undercity rat. I went back and recollected each of these to see if that would fix the bug (it did not fix for these, but it did fix the devouring maggot). I wonder if it will only record rares for those pets?

Bonhomous
Pet Score:2167
Realm:Maiev-us

Post by Bonhomous » December 4th, 2012, 11:44 am

I have been a little frustrated with my pet collecting experience lately. Twice I have collected a rare pet and it doesn't show up in my list of pets. I captured a rare nexus whelpling. I get the text in my chat pane "Nexus Whelpling added to collection - weakened by battle to lvl 19" (or something equivalent) but I don't get the pop-up in the middle of my screen and it's not in my collection of pets. Same thing happened to a rare Fjord Rat.
Twice I've opened tickets and gotten the GM response "Sorry, we don't see you capturing that - nothing we can do."
For all the work you spend trying to get a rare pet, to not have it show up is very frustrating.

Does anyone else have this same problem and anything I can do to fix it?

Imthedci
Pet Score:2862
Realm:Gilneas-us

Post by Imthedci » December 4th, 2012, 11:58 am

The other day I had caught one of the new pets (Can't remember which one it was :lol: :oops: ) and the battle log verified this. Well, actually, it verified half of it. It said that I had captured the pet, but it didn't say that it was added to my Journal and, sure enough, when I checked it wasn't in my Journal.

Obviously, somewhere between being captured and going in my Journal, the pet was swollowed by the Nether.... :shock:

Tried to capture a pet after this and it worked as normal, so I'm not totally sure what happened. At least it wasn't a rare. :lol:

Bonhomous

Post by Bonhomous » December 6th, 2012, 1:11 pm

I'm going to have to stop my pet collecting for a bit. It's too frustrating. I had been farming for a rare oily slimeling for hours, finally got one, captured it but it doesn't show up in my inventory of pets.

I had a similar problem with the green proto whelps. I landed in the area where they spawn and there were quite a few - captured the first one I battled which was poor, fought a few more poor ones, fought a common one, captured that (or thought I did, but it didn't take) and then after a bit I captured an uncommon one (which did take this time).

So the "failure to capture" bug seems to be random, it's not always on rares - and it isn't like it happens all the time. Farming for a rare takes too long for you to take a chance on it not capturing when you finally find it.

I wonder if it's interference from a pet addon somehow? I disabled all my pet addons, but haven't tried farming since then. If I notice that I no longer loose captures after disabling addons i'll update here.

Zaelo
Pet Score:5086
Realm:Vek'nilash-us

Post by Zaelo » December 6th, 2012, 4:52 pm

Yesterday my achievements were saying that I had leveled 0 of 30 pets to 25 so far..

>.>

The 21 pets level 25 that I own were not agreeing.

Bonhomous

Post by Bonhomous » December 7th, 2012, 8:53 am

Is there a max on the amount of pets you can lvl to 25? Just curious.

Also, an update:
I disabled my pet battling addons and yesterday did not lose one pet that I attempted to capture. I got a rare Kun-Lai runt with the 4/14 breed I wanted, I was so scared that it wouldn't actually capture it, but it did.

A number of other captures all worked well as well, so is there some addon that's interfering with captures or is it a coincidence or did Blizzard fix the problem and I just didn't see the hotfix?

I don't know!!!! But for now it's working. Wish me luck.

TippyKitt
Pet Score:2789
Realm:Hellscream-us

Post by TippyKitt » December 7th, 2012, 2:07 pm

Bonhomous wrote:Is there a max on the amount of pets you can lvl to 25? Just curious.
Can? No (unless you count the 650 journal limit). Have to? I think its 30 but I havn't gotten that far yet. ^^;

Syrrie
MVP
Pet Score:6201
BattleTag®:Syrrie#1506
Realm:Silver Hand-us

Post by Syrrie » December 7th, 2012, 2:51 pm

TippyKitt wrote:
Bonhomous wrote:Is there a max on the amount of pets you can lvl to 25? Just curious.
Can? No (unless you count the 650 journal limit). Have to? I think its 30 but I havn't gotten that far yet. ^^;
30 pets to level 25 rewards you a pristine trap.
75 pets to level 25 rewards you another mini pet, the Singing Cricket.
Image Image