The Grub Squad!

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Klaital
Pet Score:4516
Realm:The Sha'tar-eu
The Grub Squad!

Post by Klaital » September 6th, 2014, 7:26 pm

So just because I like the models, I got all the three grub pets, made them rare quality and got them up to 25 and have done some battles with them, its so awesome visually to have all those three with same model but still distinctily different both looks and ability wise, and much to my surprise, the first 5-6 or so opponents just conceded immediately at the start which I really don't understand as its hardly a cheesy team or anything... when I finally got someone as opponent who didn't run away, I did win that too even though it was fairly close, he had anub with the standard crush, sandstorm, deflection, a mini thor with missile, minefield and sticky grenade, and a shale spider (forgot which one) with burn and stone rush (he didn't use the third ability so no idea what it was). Gu'Chi Swarmling and thor pretty much killed each other at the start, after which I soaked the minefield with silkworm and then switched to jungle grub who took out both anubisath idol and the shale spider on his own, even if he survived just barely. So what you guys think of this team? :)

Gu'chi Swarmling (Swarm, Chew, Consume)
Imperial Silkworm (Chomp, Moth Balls, Moth Dust)
Jungle Grub (Consume, Acidic Goo, Leap)

Tekulve2012
Pet Score:4376
BattleTag®:kingsfoiler#1479
Realm:Sisters of Elune-us

Re: The Grub Squad!

Post by Tekulve2012 » September 6th, 2014, 8:13 pm

I love it ! No adder / Valk or cyclones to be seen ..

Pet PvP is kinda flat these days, we need variety and more rewards IMO.
I was hoping WoD would offer some pet PvP incentives and haven't heard much.

Grats for spicing it up ..

Caega
Pet Score:5857
Realm:Dath'Remar-us

Post by Caega » September 6th, 2014, 9:42 pm

Occasionally when these guys die they flip upside down. For some unknown reason I find it amusing to watch.

When these grubs grow up and leave their cocoons, they become Ashwing, Flamering and Skywisp moths.

Jazeel
Pet Score:9583
Realm:Saurfang-us

Post by Jazeel » September 7th, 2014, 6:00 pm

wouldn't the imperial silkworm become an imperial moth?