Triple Anub?

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Goldenbelmont
Pet Score:2314
Realm:Turalyon-us
Triple Anub?

Post by Goldenbelmont » September 2nd, 2014, 8:13 pm

Just got my second Anub Idol to drop. I was curious how well you'd think a triple Anub team would do?

Tekulve2012
Pet Score:4376
BattleTag®:kingsfoiler#1479
Realm:Sisters of Elune-us

Re: Triple Anub?

Post by Tekulve2012 » September 2nd, 2014, 8:34 pm

People will tell you that 3 of the same pet is generally easily countered. 2 of the same pet (and Anub is a strong PvP pet) can work

Your 3rd choice should offer either synergy with your anubs or a counter to your weak side(pets that really hurt humanoids)

In my experience, today's pet PvP features a lot of AoE DMG teams, undead pets and speedy/avoidance types so maybe your 3rd pick can either be one of those or be able to defeat them .

Genome
Pet Score:2401
Realm:Sen'jin-us

Re: Triple Anub?

Post by Genome » September 2nd, 2014, 8:50 pm

Like crows/ravens, Anubs are one of the few pets that are strong x3. Anubs are pretty much stand-alone pets anyway, so losing synergy is not a huge deal. They are tanky as is, and deal stout dmg. Probably the most dangerous thing to x3 Anubs is a Fossilized Hatchling/Creepy Crate. The undead AoE will hurt all three pets badly. Honestly, Anubs are fairly OP as is, and pairing three of them together is not exactly the most noble thing to use against the community, but it is viable :). With the proliferation of undead in the queues nowadays though, don't expect long win streaks with this combo.