Unique Pet Locations

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Jetstream
Pet Score:2508
Realm:Greymane-us
Unique Pet Locations

Post by Jetstream » December 2nd, 2012, 3:06 pm

Hey, I've been searching about and I haven't found anything. Is there a list, somewhere, of pets that are only found in one place?

I'm rolling lowbie alliance toons, trying to collect the unique-to-starting-area pets, since they have level 95 guards and I don't wanna try to avoid them on my main. Just wanted to have a quick resource for figuring out if I"ve tapped an area out or not.

GormanGhaste
MVP
Pet Score:10398
Realm:Uldaman-us

Re: Unique Pet Locations

Post by GormanGhaste » December 2nd, 2012, 3:38 pm

You can search by zone now in the pet journal, so what I do is type in the zone name, and then exclude all pets except pets from battles. Then it should be easy enough to look through the pets on the short list to see whether or not they also spawn elsewhere.
Mingyao on Madoran

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » December 2nd, 2012, 10:40 pm

Here's a list of pets that are unique to a zone, including starter areas. I haven't updated it with the newest patch 5.1 companions yet, but those are also unique to their respective zones.

http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com/201 ... .html#more

Much like GormanGhaste mentioned, you can search in the Pet Journal for a zone and it will show the pets in that area. Or you can do a search on WarcraftPets for zone specific companions. :)
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Quil2
Pet Score:3642
Realm:Doomhammer-us

Post by Quil2 » December 3rd, 2012, 3:59 pm

You can also try MiniPetQ, an addon that can list in a window all pets found in your current zone or any other zone. Will list ones you have and have not found and flag ones that are only found in one zone. You can even filter it so you can see such things as which zones still have just blue upgrades, etc.

Misstic
MVP
Pet Score:6356
Realm:Illidan-us

Post by Misstic » December 3rd, 2012, 5:07 pm

Quil2 wrote:You can also try MiniPetQ, an addon that can list in a window all pets found in your current zone or any other zone. Will list ones you have and have not found and flag ones that are only found in one zone. You can even filter it so you can see such things as which zones still have just blue upgrades, etc.
Wow awesome Add-on thanks!! Is there a new list somewhere or new or updated addons for 5.1? Thanks again nice mod!

Quil2
Pet Score:3642
Realm:Doomhammer-us

Post by Quil2 » December 3rd, 2012, 6:51 pm

Misstic wrote:Wow awesome Add-on thanks!! Is there a new list somewhere or new or updated addons for 5.1? Thanks again nice mod!
Thanks, I really like the addon (MiniPetQ)...especially since I wrote it. ;)

It originally started back in Cata as a simple way of selecting favorite pets from broker menus to display. It's grown quite a bit with MoP and pet battles, and has lots of ways to sort and see pet collections, and track what you still need. I love being able to see what zones still have rares I need to collect, and to also easily be able to see duplicates.

I've never advertised it outside my guild and friends, but it's been on curse for a while now.