Spectral Kitten

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Kendrah
MVP
Pet Score:9579
Realm:Thrall-us
Spectral Kitten

Post by Kendrah » August 31st, 2014, 6:40 am

Does anyone know the best way to make [ability]Spectral Strike[/ability] effective in PVP battles? It'll hit for about 1.7k with darkness up and prowl but prowl makes it slower and that takes two turns just to switch out the pet and then prowl (five if you include the darkness and strike.) So there's a lot of time to account for.

I tried it with a crow and that wasn't very spectacular. The Scourge whelpling did good but still. It seems easier with Unborn teams just because of the set up that takes but most teams are like that and they're still doing damage each turn. Is this even worth worth all the steps it takes? XD

Luciandk
Pet Score:3576
Realm:Argent Dawn-eu

Re: Spectral Kitten

Post by Luciandk » August 31st, 2014, 1:28 pm

Not a very useful pvp pet imho. You are just telegraphing yourself and inviting a dodge or burrow, due to the time it takes to set up the combo.

Vek
Top Rater
Pet Score:3996
Realm:Aggramar-eu

Post by Vek » September 1st, 2014, 1:09 am

I pretty much only use it AGAINST Call Darkness teams. The bird uses Call Darkness, kitten does spectral strike and kills the bird. And with a bit of luck you can do leap and be faster than the second bird as well and possibly kill that one too.

Kendrah
MVP
Pet Score:9579
Realm:Thrall-us

Post by Kendrah » September 1st, 2014, 6:34 am

Luciandk wrote:Not a very useful pvp pet imho. You are just telegraphing yourself and inviting a dodge or burrow, due to the time it takes to set up the combo.
Yeah, that's what I was thinking. I couldn't think of a way to actually use it effectively so I thought I'd try ya'll's but this is pretty much what I though. Getting that 1.7k crit was nice but I figure for how long it takes to set it up that I'd probably could've done that much damage already.
Vek wrote:I pretty much only use it AGAINST Call Darkness teams. The bird uses Call Darkness, kitten does spectral strike and kills the bird. And with a bit of luck you can do leap and be faster than the second bird as well and possibly kill that one too.
I haven't seen many crow teams lately. It's been a while but that would be a good use of it.

Awq
Realm:Shattered Halls-eu

Post by Awq » September 1st, 2014, 2:19 pm

I do not own this pet. I would choose the avoidance move if I am honest.

If I would have to use Spectral Strike I would not swap for it, unless they swap in a critter (or something). I would not use Prowl + Spectral Strike against average pets.
I would use a Prowl combo against low dps pets. You should think of Crabs, Molten Hatchlings, Blossoming Ancient. It also is useful against Death Adder Hatchlings and other avoidance pets.