Battle Stone or pet treat

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Treponem
Pet Score:9939
Realm:Aszune-eu
Battle Stone or pet treat

Post by Treponem » August 27th, 2014, 1:54 pm

Last week I completed by Celestial pet collection so this week I'm sitting on a celestial coin and not knowing what to do with it. A battle stone seems much more tangible than a pet treat and I know what it does and I still have plenty of green pets. On the other hand I have plenty of low level pets and I've really no mental reference for how productive you can be in an hour with the Safari hat/lesser pet treat/pet stack. Tell me what to do kids, tell me,

Tekulve2012
Pet Score:4376
BattleTag®:kingsfoiler#1479
Realm:Sisters of Elune-us

Re: Battle Stone or pet treat

Post by Tekulve2012 » August 27th, 2014, 2:35 pm

I see that the new pet count for WoD is over 100... So I'm stocking up on pet xp biscuits! I have 14 now and plan on picking as many up as possible. Level 25 new pets should fetch decent gold in WoD ... Neither is a bad choice but 3 weeks for 1 stone seems a waste when a pandaria daily circuit can earn you 1-2 upgrade stones most days.

Treponem
Pet Score:9939
Realm:Aszune-eu

Post by Treponem » August 27th, 2014, 3:05 pm

Buh! I never even noticed the Battle Stone was three coins, just assumed it was one. That's my decision made there. Cheers.

Kpb321
Pet Score:3974
BattleTag®:kpb#1554
Realm:Sisters of Elune-us

Post by Kpb321 » August 27th, 2014, 3:11 pm

I'm just sitting on the coins. In the WoD beta you can still by the stones and treats so I figure I can buy either one once I know which one I want.

Awq
Realm:Shattered Halls-eu

Post by Awq » August 27th, 2014, 3:49 pm

I would buy stones. I have at least 40 pet treats in my bank.
Edit: Kpb advice seems wise.

Skavenged
Pet Score:9590
Realm:Cairne-us

Post by Skavenged » August 27th, 2014, 10:07 pm

agreed Kpb. Same thing I'm doing

Echinacea
Pet Score:10214
Realm:Ravencrest-us

Post by Echinacea » August 29th, 2014, 7:40 am

what do the treats do?

Hootstwo
Top Rater
Pet Score:4328
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Hootstwo » August 29th, 2014, 7:53 am

Seeing as i have around 300 pet stones, I'm getting treats :)

Digem
MVP
Pet Score:13800
Realm:Fizzcrank-us

Post by Digem » August 29th, 2014, 7:55 am

Echinacea wrote:what do the treats do?

Give 50% bonus xp so great for leveling and last an hour.

Echinacea

Post by Echinacea » August 29th, 2014, 9:45 am

Digem wrote:
Echinacea wrote:what do the treats do?

Give 50% bonus xp so great for leveling and last an hour.
does it go away if the pet dies like any other buff?

Jerebear
Pet Score:13370
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Jerebear » August 29th, 2014, 10:29 am

The buff is on your toon, not the pet. You do have to select the pet and use the treat, but the buff goes on you so you can swap pets freely without needing to buff each of them. I've never had my toon dies while levelling pets, so I don't know if that makes it go away (I would assume so), but pets can die/swap/etc. with no changes to the buff.
Carry Pet Experience Reference Guide:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8829

Digem
MVP

Post by Digem » August 29th, 2014, 10:38 am

Jerebear wrote:The buff is on your toon, not the pet. You do have to select the pet and use the treat, but the buff goes on you so you can swap pets freely without needing to buff each of them. I've never had my toon dies while levelling pets, so I don't know if that makes it go away (I would assume so), but pets can die/swap/etc. with no changes to the buff.

The buff is on you not the pet so unless you fall off a cliff or get attacked and die by a mob or
Pvp ganked it stays the whole hour.
I have personally never died while using one so it always lasted the whole hour.
But, some people are good at dying are guild GM seems to always find new and interesting ways to do so .

Echinacea

Post by Echinacea » August 29th, 2014, 10:41 am

Digem wrote:
Jerebear wrote:The buff is on your toon, not the pet. You do have to select the pet and use the treat, but the buff goes on you so you can swap pets freely without needing to buff each of them. I've never had my toon dies while levelling pets, so I don't know if that makes it go away (I would assume so), but pets can die/swap/etc. with no changes to the buff.

The buff is on you not the pet so unless you fall off a cliff or get attacked and die by a mob or
I have personally never died while using one so it always lasted the whole hour.
But, some people are good at dying are guild GM seems to always find new and interesting ways to do so .
thats good news....my toon isnt very well geared and is "only" 87 so i have to flee some of the areas i see a lot of pets in ....like in the area just north of karasang that has stealth foxes and large stags running around. i saw a ton of pets on the map but couldnt get to them without a lot of annoying fights

mount hyjal is good for levelling if it werent for those wisps with their 50% accuracy debuff slowing things down

Echinacea

Post by Echinacea » August 29th, 2014, 1:59 pm

i looked in bank and i dont think ive ever seen a pet treat. i have stuff that makes em large, small, shiny or happy

do they only drop off masters or are they a world drop?

Refactor
Top Rater
Pet Score:3617
BattleTag®:Refactor#1436
Realm:Zuluhed-us

Post by Refactor » August 29th, 2014, 3:04 pm

Echinacea wrote:i looked in bank and i dont think ive ever seen a pet treat. i have stuff that makes em large, small, shiny or happy

They drop from the Brawler's Pet Supplies bag, for completing the weekly pvp battles quest. You can also buy them from Master Li, on the Timeless Isle, for 1 Celestial Coin per pet treat. This requires winning the tourney in order to get the coins.

Wilderness
Pet Score:3494
Realm:Greymane-us

Post by Wilderness » August 29th, 2014, 4:18 pm

Refactor wrote:
Echinacea wrote:i looked in bank and i dont think ive ever seen a pet treat. i have stuff that makes em large, small, shiny or happy

They drop from the Brawler's Pet Supplies bag, for completing the weekly pvp battles quest. You can also buy them from Master Li, on the Timeless Isle, for 1 Celestial Coin per pet treat. This requires winning the tourney in order to get the coins.
Those are the only ways to get the 50% exp pet treats.

There's also a 25% lesser pet treat, that comes in the bags that you get when you complete the Beasts of Fable dailies.

And the 2 treats do stack, for some pretty awesome experience.

Echinacea

Post by Echinacea » August 29th, 2014, 7:31 pm

wonderful :oops:

ill prolly get my first treat sometime next summer

Digem
MVP

Post by Digem » August 29th, 2014, 7:34 pm

Echinacea wrote:
Digem wrote:

thats good news....my toon isnt very well geared and is "only" 87 so i have to flee some of the areas i see a lot of pets in ....like in the area just north of karasang that has stealth foxes and large stags running around. i saw a ton of pets on the map but couldnt get to them without a lot of annoying fights

mount hyjal is good for levelling if it werent for those wisps with their 50% accuracy debuff slowing things down

at 87 if you stay around the farm in halfhill nothing will attack you and lots of critters to fight. so have one pet like a cat with devour that heals you when you kill a pet and you can kill out there for hours

Jerebear
Pet Score:13370
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Jerebear » August 29th, 2014, 7:40 pm

You can also park near Gorespine at 87 and battle only 24-25 (a little faster since you don't have any level 23 pets to beat). Though you might have to die near him if you don't have a feign death/invisibility/etc.
Echinacea wrote:wonderful :oops:

In beta you can buy them with the daily currency.
Carry Pet Experience Reference Guide:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8829

Echinacea

Post by Echinacea » August 29th, 2014, 8:03 pm

Jerebear wrote:You can also park near Gorespine at 87 and battle only 24-25 (a little faster since you don't have any level 23 pets to beat). Though you might have to die near him if you don't have a feign death/invisibility/etc.
Echinacea wrote:wonderful :oops:

In beta you can buy them with the daily currency.
wonderful :lol:

ill prolly get my first treat in november