Warlords Beta: Garrison Menagerie

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Gendou
Pet Score:4413
BattleTag®:Gendou#1955
Realm:Thunderhorn-us
Warlords Beta: Garrison Menagerie

Post by Gendou » August 26th, 2014, 5:58 pm

I've been messing around in Beta, and I made a L3 Garrison on the PVE 100 server.
After unlocking the Menagerie, I upgraded it and set all of my pet 'favorites' to my vast collection of whelplings.

Now my garrison has whelplings everywhere. They follow me around. They follow random NPC guards and followers around.
They wander in and out of buildings. They meep and poke their noses into things. It is awesome and adorable.

I am a married man, nearly 40 years old - and I'm not ashamed to tell you people that a large part of why I am looking forward to this new expansion is so that I can have a garrison full of whelplings.

As far as I'm concerned, they might as well call it World of Warcraft: Whelplings of Draenor at this point. :mrgreen:
ImageImage

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Re: Warlords Beta: Garrison Menagerie

Post by Quintessence » August 26th, 2014, 6:36 pm

Try renaming them in your pet journal. It makes the pets that wander around your garrison even more awesome :D
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Rioriel
Top Rater
Pet Score:10504
Realm:The Sha'tar-eu

Post by Rioriel » August 27th, 2014, 5:11 am

Ohhhhh man. I've been burying my head in the sand a bit about WoD and Garrisons. Bit too far away for me to start getting all hyped for, then disgruntled because it's still so far away, BUT... BUT... that sounds so bloody awesome!

I wonder what pets I'd set as favourites. Probably Whelplings too, that just sounds brilliant.

YAY! PETS! :mrgreen:

Gendou

Post by Gendou » August 27th, 2014, 12:40 pm

Quintessence wrote:Try renaming them in your pet journal. It makes the pets that wander around your garrison even more awesome :D
It does! On the beta I've had some glitches with renaming, so I've avoided it for the most part.
On live, however, all of my whelplings are L25 and named properly.
Rioriel wrote:I wonder what pets I'd set as favourites. Probably Whelplings too, that just sounds brilliant.
I imagine someone out there loves their Crazy Cat Man/Lady title and is going to have a garrison full of cats. :lol:

For me, though, it has to be whelplings.
Whelplings are what started me on pet collecting way back in Vanilla when they still took up bagspace. :oops:
ImageImage

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Peanutty » August 27th, 2014, 1:42 pm

Runs around in panic. :shock: Is there a limit to how many favorited pets you can have wandering about?!?

My mind boggles with what I could do with this. I don't even know what pets I'd pick! (Why am I thinking all the kites would be hilarious?)

I feel sorry for my future garrison NPCs. They will be MOBBED by pets if I have anything to do with it.

Quintessence
Site Admin

Post by Quintessence » August 27th, 2014, 1:57 pm

Peanutty wrote:Runs around in panic. :shock: Is there a limit to how many favorited pets you can have wandering about?!?
At the max menagerie level (3) you can have 10 pets in your garrison. If you don't have any pets favorited, 10 random pets will be selected from your collection.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Poofah
Pet Score:4206
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Poofah » August 27th, 2014, 2:04 pm

This is brilliant.

Khorah
Pet Score:11506
BattleTag®:Khorah#1833
Realm:Medivh-us

Post by Khorah » August 27th, 2014, 3:02 pm

Poofah wrote:This is brilliant.
x2 :shock:

Gendou

Post by Gendou » August 27th, 2014, 3:59 pm

Quintessence wrote:At the max menagerie level (3) you can have 10 pets in your garrison. If you don't have any pets favorited, 10 random pets will be selected from your collection.
I don't know if it's a bug or not, but at Menagerie L2 (five pets), I have five whelplings in the little beds/stalls at the Menagerie itself, but a LOT more just wandering around the rest of the Garrison. I have fifteen or so whelplings favorited, and I generally see all of them when I'm out and about my garrison. Having that many pets out in the garrison itself may be a bug, but I hope it isn't.
ImageImage

Jazeel
Pet Score:9583
Realm:Saurfang-us

Post by Jazeel » August 27th, 2014, 5:15 pm

OMG this is the coolest new feature i have heard of yet. i want another zillion egberts running amok :twisted:

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635

Post by Peanutty » August 27th, 2014, 5:43 pm

Must. Choose. Ten. Pets.

I thought the mount stable idea was the coolest part of the garrison, but I'm going to love playing with this feature just as much!

Beardydan
Pet Score:5027
Realm:Doomhammer-eu

Post by Beardydan » August 27th, 2014, 6:21 pm

So many questions from a betaless pet collector;
Do the pets roaming you garison keep their unique Interactivity?
If i Favorite both of my my clockwork rocket bots will the launch rockets at each other?
Are the Argent Squires/Gruntlings vendors/mailboxes/bankers & do they ride their ponies if you bought them one?
Same for Soul Trader & Guild Heralds.

Basicly if you go to the Filter Pets By page & select Has Interactivity: Yes do they all do whats listed in their Interactivity field. :p

Also if you select pets that can only be summoned by the other faction as Faves do they still roam?
Do Kites/ballons roam like other pets?

Misstic
MVP
Pet Score:6356
Realm:Illidan-us

Post by Misstic » August 27th, 2014, 8:03 pm

Yah so cool!! This sounds exciting. Mine will be full of all my different MURKY'S!!!!! :-)

Adumbledore
Top Rater
Pet Score:9248
BattleTag®:ADumbledore#1672

Post by Adumbledore » August 27th, 2014, 10:01 pm

I guess this means that I'll need to set some of my pets to the "favorites" list. lol.

Visit my pet battle blog: http://petpersuasion.wordpress.com/

Quintessence
Site Admin

Post by Quintessence » August 27th, 2014, 10:06 pm

Beardydan wrote:So many questions from a betaless pet collector;
Do the pets roaming you garison keep their unique Interactivity?
A: No. They used to when this feature was first implemented on the beta, but developers quickly took that away. :( :( :( All pets simply roam around, sometimes follow you, but they don't do anything else.
Beardydan wrote:Are the Argent Squires/Gruntlings vendors/mailboxes/bankers & do they ride their ponies if you bought them one?
A: No. All the pets wander around on foot.
Beardydan wrote:Also if you select pets that can only be summoned by the other faction as Faves do they still roam?
A: Currently, yes. But I'm not sure if this will make it live since it's kind of odd having a pet of the opposite faction wandering around your garrison. I don't mind it, but some might see it as breaking immersion.
Beardydan wrote:Do Kites/ballons roam like other pets?
A: Currently, yes. It looks a little weird, though, because they don't have their strings tying them down to the ground. So they kind of hover higher up than the average pet, and just float around.

Mehetabel
Top Rater
Pet Score:13557
Realm:Lightbringer-eu

Post by Mehetabel » August 28th, 2014, 7:01 am

SO excited for this feature!! :D
Come join us in the WarcraftPets In-Game Community (EU)! Request invite here: https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=18420

Fythra
Pet Score:12907
Realm:Madoran-us

Post by Fythra » August 28th, 2014, 9:59 am

I agree with everyone else that this is completely awesome. I haven't tried it out on Beta yet. Real life is kicking me in the rear these days.

I just with the Favorites wasn't tied to the account instead of per character. I'd love my Elemental shaman's garrison to have elemental pets roaming around while my warrior engineer had all mechanical pets. My mage could have the lofty libram and Kirin Tor familiar among other magical pets and my warlock could have imps, the minfernal, and little voidwalker walking around the garrison. My hunter could have all manner of animals, my death knight undead pets, my rogue a bunch of bandicoons (hey, they got that little mask right? :) ). Hmm, not sure about my paladin, priest, monk and druid. Yeah, I got a lot of alts...

Ahem, anyway, this is one of the features of the garrison I'm really looking forward to.

Beardydan
Pet Score:5027
Realm:Doomhammer-eu

Post by Beardydan » August 28th, 2014, 7:21 pm

Thanks Quintessence, slightly less excited knowing the pets won't play, but only slightly.

Now to buy 2 each of Winters Helpers & snowmen for the propper Winters Veil Garrison look. :p

Mehetabel
Top Rater
Pet Score:13557
Realm:Lightbringer-eu

Post by Mehetabel » August 29th, 2014, 8:17 am

Fythra wrote:I just with the Favorites wasn't tied to the account instead of per character. I'd love my Elemental shaman's garrison to have elemental pets roaming around while my warrior engineer had all mechanical pets. My mage could have the lofty libram and Kirin Tor familiar among other magical pets and my warlock could have imps, the minfernal, and little voidwalker walking around the garrison. My hunter could have all manner of animals, my death knight undead pets, my rogue a bunch of bandicoons (hey, they got that little mask right? :) ). Hmm, not sure about my paladin, priest, monk and druid. Yeah, I got a lot of alts...
It would indeed be awesome to be able to have "themed" pets for alts. I also have a ton of alts so would love to be able to customise them to each char.
Come join us in the WarcraftPets In-Game Community (EU)! Request invite here: https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=18420

Aalea
Top Rater

Post by Aalea » August 29th, 2014, 9:42 pm

Jazeel wrote:OMG this is the coolest new feature i have heard of yet. i want another zillion egberts running amok :twisted:
HAHAHHAH that would be AWESOME.

Id sit in my Garrison all day watching them. Nothing would get done.