garrison and pet collectors

Share pet collecting news and advice.
GrosBonda
Pet Score:10429
BattleTag®:Grosbonda#1406
Realm:Arygos-us
garrison and pet collectors

Post by GrosBonda » August 25th, 2014, 9:10 pm

So did anybody already made a sort of therycrafting for garrison oriented to pet collectors?
I mean what to focus on etc....
i am late in the news and just start to read abut garrison....

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Re: garrison and pet collectors

Post by Quintessence » August 25th, 2014, 10:10 pm

A more comprehensive overview can be [url=http://www.warcraftpets.com/news/everything-you-need-to-know-about-garrison-pets/]found here[/url].

Main garrison buildings collectors will need to build:
  • Barn (medium plot) - Pygmy Cow comes from this building once you upgrade the Barn Level 3. Upgrading to level 3 requires an achievement to unlock the blueprints. Just start/complete enough work orders at the Barn and you'll complete the achievement.
  • Inn (A) or Tavern (H) (medium plot) - NPCs will visit each day with a daily quest. Keep an eye out for two particular NPCs, Mylune and Cowled Ranger. They have daily quests that reward an Everbloom Peachick and Sentinel's Companion.
  • Trading Post (medium plot) - Unlocks a new faction at Level 2, Shattari Defense for alliance, Laughing Skull for horde. Bone Wasp pet for horde, Sky Fry pet for Alliance.
Profession buildings collectors will be interested in:
  • Tailoring Emporium - If you have tailoring and build this building, you'll gain access to a vendor that sells Draenor recipes. You'll need to craft Secret of Draenor Tailoring (one day cooldown) to use as currency to purchase the recipe for Elekk Plushie.
  • Engineering Works - If you have engineering and build this building, you'll gain access to a vendor that sells Draenor recipes. You'll need to craft Secret of Draenor Engineering (one day cooldown) to use as currency to purchase the recipe for the Mechanical Axebeak, Mechanical Scorpid, and Lifelike Frostboar. Blingtron 5000 also requires a Secret of Draenor Engineering.
  • The Forge - If you have blacksmithing and build this building, you'll gain access to a vendor that sells Draenor recipes. You'll need to craft Secret of Draenor Blacksmithing (one day cooldown) to use as currency to purchase the recipe for the Soul of the Forge.
If you don't have the profession that's associated with the Tailoring or Blacksmithing building, you won't be able to purchase anything from the vendor.

You don't need Engineering to make use of the associated plot. Anyone, regardless of profession, can build it and craft the pets once they've upgraded the Engineering Works to level 3.

Miscellaneous buildings that you automatically get as you upgrade your garrison:
  • Menagerie (has its own plot) - This building is a given since it's all about pets. :P Unlockable once your garrison is level 3 (only available at player level 100)
  • Herb Garden (has its own plot) - If you have herbalism, there's a chance you'll loot a pet. Anyone that loots herbs from here has a chance to spawn a mob that drops a pet.
  • Mines (has its own plot) - If you have mining, there's a chance you'll loot a pet. Anyone that loots ore from here has a chance to spawn a mob that drops a pet.
  • Fishing Shack (has its own plot) - Two pets will be purchasable from Nat Pagle (with enough reputation) but max fishing will likely be required.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Luciandk
Pet Score:3576
Realm:Argent Dawn-eu

Post by Luciandk » August 26th, 2014, 2:39 am

Any of these garrison building related pets uncageable? Mainly thinking of the cow and the two pets from the inn.

The crafted proffession pets will most likely be cageable and not as high a priority as you can get them from someone else.

Quintessence
Site Admin

Post by Quintessence » August 26th, 2014, 2:48 am

Both the rewards from the Inn/Tavern are currently cageable (this could change but we'll see), and all profession pets are currently cageable as well.

The only garrison pet that can't be caged is the Pygmy Cow.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Luciandk

Post by Luciandk » August 26th, 2014, 10:42 am

Quintessence wrote:Both the rewards from the Inn/Tavern are currently cageable (this could change but we'll see), and all profession pets are currently cageable as well.

So the Barn would be a priority for a pet collector indeed.

GrosBonda
Pet Score:10429
BattleTag®:Grosbonda#1406
Realm:Arygos-us

Post by GrosBonda » August 26th, 2014, 11:23 am

Thanks.
Look like i will really need to read and make some sort of strat here
i have all prof cover from 15 toons .....
so i will have to check which toon will have what etc.... assuming i understand correctly how garrison work :P
oh well

do you have some good reading link on garrison ?

Rioriel
Top Rater
Pet Score:10504
Realm:The Sha'tar-eu

Post by Rioriel » August 27th, 2014, 5:12 am

Time to seriously ponder what I'll be doing with the "free" level 90 in order to get the best (most pets) out of this.

I only have the one toon, my beloved rogue from the day the server launched :mrgreen:

Digem
MVP
Pet Score:13800
Realm:Fizzcrank-us

Post by Digem » August 27th, 2014, 2:25 pm

Seems to me unless one wants to buy the pets one will need a blacksmith, engineer, and a tailor to get all the pets and build a barn for the cow pet.

Also, if doing the instant 90 I highly recommend leveling he toon to 60 first and choosing the professions one wants on the toon then do the 90 boost.
Why to level 60?
If you do it that way the game will max out your to main professions and first aid for you.
That saves a lot of time and money.
Leveling professions can be costly and time consuming especially engineering.

Luciandk

Post by Luciandk » August 27th, 2014, 6:11 pm

I should note proffessions have gotten reworked in WoD. You can level a prof from 1 to 700 with wod mats. Most wod recipes is useable at 1 skil and will give huge skillups below 600.

Kel
Pet Score:4788
BattleTag®:TerribleTim#1747
Realm:Ravencrest-us

Post by Kel » August 27th, 2014, 6:28 pm

Quintessence wrote:Both the rewards from the Inn/Tavern are currently cageable (this could change but we'll see), and all profession pets are currently cageable as well.

But! Do we know if these will be a "once-per-toon" drop? Like Magical Crawdad and the baby crocs?
HayWire Motorsports
Tacoma, Washington
http://www.haywire-racing.com

Tipperscales
Pet Score:8691
Realm:Argent Dawn-us

Post by Tipperscales » August 27th, 2014, 8:00 pm

You would also probably want the trading post building, as that gives you access to a reputation that has a pet as one of it's rewards; seems there is a different pet for hoard and alliance from that building. You can also change your buildings, so for example, once you get the cow from the Barn, you can then turn it into the Inn to try for the daily quest pets.

Quintessence
Site Admin

Post by Quintessence » August 27th, 2014, 10:11 pm

Tipperscales wrote:You would also probably want the trading post building, as that gives you access to a reputation that has a pet as one of it's rewards; seems there is a different pet for hoard and alliance from that building.
Good point! I've added the Trading Post onto the list, although I can't find a pet that comes from the Shattari Defense. There's only a pet from the Horde faction at the moment.
Kel wrote:But! Do we know if these will be a "once-per-toon" drop? Like Magical Crawdad and the baby crocs?
Tough to say right now. As far as I know, the quests that reward the pets can't be completed yet so it's tough to test it out.

Dakender
MVP
Pet Score:9654
BattleTag®:Dakender#1566
Realm:Madoran-us

Post by Dakender » August 28th, 2014, 6:36 pm

Quintessence wrote: [*]Inn (A) or Tavern (H) (medium plot) - NPCs will visit each day with a daily quest. Keep an eye out for two particular NPCs, Mylune and Cowled Ranger. They have daily quests that reward an Everbloom Peachick and Sentinel's Companion.

Have you seen Cowled Ranger lately? Seems I have had Mylune 2 times this week and have yet to see the Ranger. Made a special Rogue to get in and camp the spot waiting for the next build to fix the nest ;)

Dakender
MVP
Pet Score:9654
BattleTag®:Dakender#1566
Realm:Madoran-us

Post by Dakender » September 27th, 2014, 9:14 pm

Quintessence wrote:
Kel wrote:But! Do we know if these will be a "once-per-toon" drop? Like Magical Crawdad and the baby crocs?
Tough to say right now. As far as I know, the quests that reward the pets can't be completed yet so it's tough to test it out.
Once per toon is it at this build. For example, Mylune who gives the Peachick quest once you have done it turns into a blue ! daily type thing, name chaned to "Put a Bird On It" as the quest and reward is "Box of Storied Treasures" which contains a chance of 5 different ilevel 630 gear.