champions of pandaria

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Yehhboii
Pet Score:994
Realm:Jubei'Thos-us
champions of pandaria

Post by Yehhboii » August 24th, 2014, 6:35 am

chen stormstout and taran zhu any ideas on what pets to use , [p

Yehhboii
Pet Score:994
Realm:Jubei'Thos-us

Re: champions of pandaria

Post by Yehhboii » August 24th, 2014, 6:39 am

only zhu left , then ran outta pets to use just wondering if there is a guide to this

Klaital
Pet Score:4516
Realm:The Sha'tar-eu

Post by Klaital » August 24th, 2014, 7:54 am

Against Zhu you want lot of undead attacks because all his pets are humanoid. One of them uses mainly critter attack though so you don't neseccarily want all of the pets to be undead, there are plenty of non-undead pets with undead attacks too. Although its doable with undead also, I think I used something like ghostly skull, blighthawk, and Mr. Grubbs in beating him. Start with ghostly skull, use shadow slash until your skull is almost dead, then do unholy ascension, and on the bonus undead turn ghostly bite, switch to Grubbs, acidic goo, consume, leap, consume, just use this rotation until Grubbs dies, which doesn't happen too fast since consume is strong against humanoids so makes Grubbs to heal like crazy, then if there is still something left from their side when Grubbs dies, blighthawk with infected talons, ghostly bite, and lift-off should be able to finish it off. Oh and about any maggot pet works in place of Grubbs since I think they have the same move set, I just like Grubbs because of his huge health pool.

Tuatha
Top Rater
Pet Score:3297
BattleTag®:tuatha#1660
Realm:Uther-us

Post by Tuatha » August 24th, 2014, 7:41 pm

I'm not sure if it's an option for you to obtain and level new pets, but if so, I've had very good success against Zhu with a s/s fiendish imp (1,1,2), a h/h scourged whelpling (2,2,1), and a h/p infected squirrel (2,2,1).

Start out with the imp vs the guy who does critter damage. Immolate and burn until he feigns (if you take him to under 50% he will feign). Re-immolate the round he feigns and nether gate the next round. Usually this will pull him back out and you can burn him to death.

Back line the imp and bring out your whelpling for Zhu's second pet and put up death and decay and plagued blood. Swap in the squirrel for creeping fungus and stampede. Zhu's pet will probably die, but if not, just keep stampeding and bring the whelp back out when your squirrel dies. You should be able to take it from here. Usually I'll get Zhu's second pet dead and get the 2x debuff on his third, which trivializes things for the whelp. If all else fails, your imp should have healed to nearly full from immolating on the plagued blood and he should be able to finish Zhu's last pet.

Good luck!

Kel
Pet Score:4788
BattleTag®:TerribleTim#1747
Realm:Ravencrest-us

Post by Kel » August 25th, 2014, 5:08 pm

Grubbs is AWESOME here! I start with him. His Burrow can beat the Blackout Kick because it'll miss. And his Sticky Goo keeps that punk from feigning on you. He rocks that first dude and most of the second dude. I also use Blighthawk on this battle, don't recall my third though.

Edit: Blighthawk is actually my third. I use a Scourged Whelpling in slot two.
HayWire Motorsports
Tacoma, Washington
http://www.haywire-racing.com

Rioriel
Top Rater
Pet Score:10504
Realm:The Sha'tar-eu

Post by Rioriel » August 27th, 2014, 5:18 am

I'm not currently subbed or I'd log-in and check my team, but I ran three Undeads and one was definitely Fossilized Hatchling that does the whirly bonestorm move. Work out when his Pandaren are going to cast Blind and save your big-hitting moves until it's on cooldown.