battle stone question

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Moonta
Pet Score:1084
Realm:Uther-us
battle stone question

Post by Moonta » August 20th, 2014, 10:55 am

So just a question. Is it possible to receive a battle stone as a random drop from doing trainer dailies? I've noticed I receive lesser trash coins or whatever they're called, but haven't gotten a battle stone....well I haven't even gotten one from a regular battle lol. Thanks in advance!!

Maizing
Pet Score:5724
BattleTag®:Maizing#1456
Realm:Feathermoon-us

Re: battle stone question

Post by Maizing » August 20th, 2014, 12:00 pm

If you mean, from the bags... that is my personal primary source for battle stones. I have a stack of each type and have gotten so many that I have found it necessary to trade in several for the marked stones, just to keep them down to no more than one stack of each type. Basically, if I get a stack to over 19, I trade in enough to drop it down to between 15 and 17 (and I have over 2 stacks of the marked stones now).

If you mean from doing the battles themselves... I have read posts by others saying that they have gotten stones from doing the battles, but have only gotten (a very few) stones from wild battles myself.

Digem
MVP
Pet Score:13800
Realm:Fizzcrank-us

Post by Digem » August 20th, 2014, 12:29 pm

If you do every pet battle tamer that drops a bag per day you should USUALLY get 2-5 a day.
Wild pet battles have a random drop rate with terrible RNG.
Also wild pet battle stones USUALLY drop the type of the pet you battled so if fought a bunch of critters expect critter stones.
Pvp pet battles again have a chance to drop them to but with again bad RNG drop chances and completely random what stone you get.

So pet tamers have the best drop rate but are random what stones drop.
Wild pet battles have bad drop rate but if you battle one type of pet can get one type of stone one is looking for.
Pvp pet battles again have bad RNG drop rates and random stones drop

Moonta

Post by Moonta » August 20th, 2014, 1:05 pm

Thank you that answered my question.

Sibi
Top Rater
Pet Score:10062
BattleTag®:sibylline#1481
Realm:Emerald Dream-us

Post by Sibi » August 20th, 2014, 1:53 pm

USUALLY get 2-5 a day???? I want YOUR RNG luck. I call it a good day when I get 1 stone. If I got 2 or more I'd probably pee my pants a little. (ok, not really but you get my point.) Not even when I've spent an hour or more grinding the same kind of pet over n over (i.e a batch of critter, flyer, beast) have I gotten more than 1...or usually even 1.
I guess some of us have the touch, and some of don't. ::tear smear:: lol

Digem
MVP

Post by Digem » August 20th, 2014, 10:28 pm

Sibi wrote:USUALLY get 2-5 a day???? I want YOUR RNG luck. I call it a good day when I get 1 stone. If I got 2 or more I'd probably pee my pants a little. (ok, not really but you get my point.) Not even when I've spent an hour or more grinding the same kind of pet over n over (i.e a batch of critter, flyer, beast) have I gotten more than 1...or usually even 1.
I guess some of us have the touch, and some of don't. ::tear smear:: lol

That is from the bag the pet tamer dailies drop USUALLY.
I might get 1 or 2 one day then get up to 5 the next I guess the real average is more like 2 to 3.
From wild I could go days without any same for pvp pet battling.
Heck I use never get them pvp pet battling but it seems once I got over 3000 win plateau I get almost one a day doing the 10 a day try to do.

Echinacea
Pet Score:10214
Realm:Ravencrest-us

Post by Echinacea » August 21st, 2014, 12:09 pm

i have done the kalimdor, eastern kingdoms, burning crusade and wrath of lich king grand master pet trainer dailies for a week now and not a single stone.

i call BS on them dropping every day

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » August 21st, 2014, 12:19 pm

Echinacea wrote:i have done the kalimdor, eastern kingdoms, burning crusade and wrath of lich king grand master pet trainer dailies for a week now and not a single stone.

There's only one tamer on each of those continents that awards a Sack of Pet Supplies. That's only 4 possible chances for battle-stones, so it's only natural that you wouldn't see as high a droprate of stones as others who include the Pandaria dailies in their routine.

Once you add the Pandaria dailies (Grand Masters, Beasts of Fable, and the Pandaren Spirits) to your routine, you'll accumulate more battle-stones faster.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Hootstwo
Top Rater
Pet Score:4328
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Hootstwo » August 21st, 2014, 1:00 pm

Echinacea wrote:i have done the kalimdor, eastern kingdoms, burning crusade and wrath of lich king grand master pet trainer dailies for a week now and not a single stone.

I honestly can't recall the last time I didn't get any stones from doing the dailies (Tamers and Spirits and legendaries), in fact, if I only get one, I consider it a disappointing day (today for instance, I didn't get a single pet and only got 1 stone - a bad day!)

On my best day I got 4 pets and 5 stones to drop from just Pandaren dailes (not including any grinding).

Digem
MVP

Post by Digem » August 21st, 2014, 1:10 pm

All four of them yep you have done a lot.
I am talking about those 4 and the 7 pet tamer dailies in pandaria ( one in each zone), and the pandarian elemental one (there are 4) and finally the beast of fable which is broken up into two parts so two more bags.
So there are 17 dailies one can do a day that drops stones to get an average of 2 to 5 isn't that hard out of 17 dailies.
Also the elementals have a chance to drop the elemental pets and the beast of fable drop the 4(I think might be more) panda pets.

So unless doing all those you are not doing them all everyday

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Peanutty » August 21st, 2014, 1:54 pm

I still average about 1 or 2 a day when I choose to do the full route of Panda tamers plus Winterspring (I haven't done EK, BC, NR or Cata guys in a long while, include those and it's definitely 2 a day). I skip beasts of fable. Yeah sometimes I only get 1, and very occasionally I get 3, but it's been pretty consistent overall. I'm pretty close to starting a third stack of Aquatic stones! :lol:

Moonta

Post by Moonta » August 22nd, 2014, 1:01 am

FML 12 dailies and not one stone lol

Digem
MVP

Post by Digem » August 22nd, 2014, 7:25 am

Moonta wrote:FML 12 dailies and not one stone lol
Yes RNG sucks but one day doesn't make an average if you did it everyday you would get the average 2 to 3 a day with some high end days at 5 or more.
I have gotten up to 8 in one day and have gotten none on others it is a battle of RNG .
Over time it evens out.

Echinacea

Post by Echinacea » August 22nd, 2014, 2:43 pm

ive gotten 3 since yesterday....my first three from grand masters

i should complain more often

Rioriel
Top Rater
Pet Score:10504
Realm:The Sha'tar-eu

Post by Rioriel » August 23rd, 2014, 2:51 am

Echinacea wrote:i should complain more often
I'm convinced there's a correlation between typing defeated exasperation in guild chat and having whatever you're farming drop next time. :lol:

Moonta

Post by Moonta » August 23rd, 2014, 11:27 am

Same here, after leveling 4 pets from 1-25 on aquatics in VoEB I got a flawless whatever you want stone. Complaining the whole way lol

Echinacea

Post by Echinacea » August 23rd, 2014, 12:44 pm

damnit, i never win the lotto

(it prolly doesnt work that way)