Timeless Rares

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Hooter
Top Rater
Pet Score:2240
Realm:Zenedar-eu
Timeless Rares

Post by Hooter » August 19th, 2014, 7:00 pm

So I'm back with another question since I can't find anyone confirming this.

Does anyone know if you have a chance at the pet drops from the rares on Timeless Isle more than once a day? I'm asking because I've killed both Gu'chi and Spirit of Jadefire 60-70 times each and still no drop.

Like I said I can't find anyone actually confirming or denying it with personal experience.

If there is a chance, is it equal or less to the chance you have at the first kill of the day?

Thanks in advance.

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Re: Timeless Rares

Post by Quintessence » August 19th, 2014, 7:27 pm

There was a developer response to this question (or a similar one), but I can't find it at the moment.

From what I remember, your chance to obtain a Timeless Isle pet is the same no matter if it's your first kill or tenth kill for the day. You're always eligible for a pet drop; sometimes RNG is just cruel. :(

Good luck finding the pets you still need, though!
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Hooter
Top Rater

Post by Hooter » August 20th, 2014, 12:53 pm

Alright. Thanks. So no one with personal experience then?

Sibi
Top Rater
Pet Score:10062
BattleTag®:sibylline#1481
Realm:Emerald Dream-us

Post by Sibi » August 20th, 2014, 1:59 pm

I've looted Ominous Flame, Death Adder, Azure Crane, Ruby Droplet (even though I'm not getting credit toward the achiev for it), and Jademist all more than once on the same character.
I know a guy that has looted several Spineclaw Crabs (clearly has the patience of a saint because he used to farm them constantly when the Isle first came out).
Pretty sure none of the Isle pets have the set loot rules set to them like the Crocs, Pinchy and other pets.

Opallena
Top Rater
Pet Score:13227
BattleTag®:Opallena#1359
Realm:Nazjatar-us

Post by Opallena » August 20th, 2014, 2:31 pm

I wound up buying the spirits on AH, most of them (save the ominous flame) decided to hate me and never dropped after 20+ kills. For me, after trying that many times its just as easy to buy it, and since the Isle has been out a while most of those spirits aren't more than 5-8k even on a low pop server.

Hooter
Top Rater

Post by Hooter » August 20th, 2014, 3:39 pm

What I actually meant was if the pets have a chance to drop it after the first kill of the day. They have hidden quests to track what rares you have killed that day on the isle. And I was wondering if you can still loot the special drops the rares have after the first kill of the day.

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » August 20th, 2014, 4:00 pm

Hooter wrote:And I was wondering if you can still loot the special drops the rares have after the first kill of the day.
Absolutely. I received my Ruby Droplet on the fourth kill, all kills completed one right after another, all in the same 24 hour time period.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Peanutty » August 20th, 2014, 5:11 pm

I definitely looted many of mine after the first kills of the day. When I was farming them I'd start in early afternoon and I know specifically my Jadefire Spirit, Ashleaf Sprite and multiple Ruby Droplets all dropped in the evening after I'd done nothing but dedicated myself to camping them.

Kel
Pet Score:4788
BattleTag®:TerribleTim#1747
Realm:Ravencrest-us

Post by Kel » August 20th, 2014, 6:06 pm

I'd just like to figure out how to kill stuff on the isle. Even at 507 gs I still get rolled. :(
HayWire Motorsports
Tacoma, Washington
http://www.haywire-racing.com

Kpb321
Pet Score:3974
BattleTag®:kpb#1554
Realm:Sisters of Elune-us

Post by Kpb321 » August 20th, 2014, 6:23 pm

Kel wrote:I'd just like to figure out how to kill stuff on the isle. Even at 507 gs I still get rolled. :(
The island specific buffs help a lot. Try to do the kill 20 rares quest targeting the cranes and the bulls first. After you've done that a couple times you can have all three buffs up and a food buff up which is extra damage, free heals and a ton of extra stats. I was farming it on my monk from the get go and started below 507 GS. I had enough saved up armor to be in 496 armor right away but that still leave other pieces that were low and I probably started farming it at around 485 or 490 GS.

http://www.wowhead.com/quest=33374

Sibi
Top Rater
Pet Score:10062
BattleTag®:sibylline#1481
Realm:Emerald Dream-us

Post by Sibi » August 20th, 2014, 6:45 pm

I looted most, if not all, of mine after the first kill of the day.
I was camping Ruby Droplet mob on my warlock killed it 10 times, looted 4 Droplets in the same day.

Peanutty

Post by Peanutty » August 20th, 2014, 7:04 pm

Kpb321 wrote:
Kel wrote:I'd just like to figure out how to kill stuff on the isle. Even at 507 gs I still get rolled. :(
The island specific buffs help a lot. Try to do the kill 20 rares quest targeting the cranes and the bulls first. After you've done that a couple times you can have all three buffs up and a food buff up which is extra damage, free heals and a ton of extra stats. I was farming it on my monk from the get go and started below 507 GS. I had enough saved up armor to be in 496 armor right away but that still leave other pieces that were low and I probably started farming it at around 485 or 490 GS.

http://www.wowhead.com/quest=33374
Also consider joining rep groups or daily farm groups with other players. It makes things a whole lot easier if you're undergeared. Or if you know some geared players or guildmates, see if they're willing to carry you or bodyguard for a little bit - I've done that for a number of people for the 20 rares daily. And make sure you do a celestial boss every week for a shot at 550 PVP or 553 PVE tier pieces.

Kpb321

Post by Kpb321 » August 20th, 2014, 7:08 pm

Don't forget ordos if you have a cloak on another character and also learn what mobs work well for your class type. The turtles are absolutely a nightmare on a melee but a joke on a ranged. The different types of elementals were pretty easy on my shaman with grounding totem and windshear for interrupts. The Oathguard were a pain on my monk because they seem to have pretty high ac and took a lot less damage at first.

Digem
MVP
Pet Score:13800
Realm:Fizzcrank-us

Post by Digem » August 20th, 2014, 10:35 pm

What class are you if a melee class then yes the island really screwed them over.
Best classes to kill stuff on island are hunter and warlock.
Both pets ignore most damaging abilities of mobs out there.
Hunter pets lose aggro a lot so must glyph misdirect and use generously and a turtle best tanking pet.
The warlock if you take the tier ability of upgraded pet is the best tank pet.
The big blueberry as my guild calls it is great.

But yes look for groups when possible and I find it a easy but my hunter is ilevel 575 and my warlock is ilevel 569.
And gear makes all the difference this expansion

Kel
Pet Score:4788
BattleTag®:TerribleTim#1747
Realm:Ravencrest-us

Post by Kel » August 21st, 2014, 10:18 am

Digem wrote:

What class are you if a melee class then yes the island really screwed them over. . .
Yea, Paladin. :(
HayWire Motorsports
Tacoma, Washington
http://www.haywire-racing.com

Digem
MVP

Post by Digem » August 21st, 2014, 10:37 am

Kel wrote:
Digem wrote:

What class are you if a melee class then yes the island really screwed them over. . .
Yea, Paladin. :(

Yeah melee got the screw job on the island with all mobs doing some sort of frontal cone effect that can one shot people.
So a melee has to keep dancing to avoid those and ends up pulling other mobs, it is not fun.

Good thing WoD seems to be very melee friendly and range gets the screw over with all but hunter unable to move and attack anymore. Should be interesting

Kpb321

Post by Kpb321 » August 21st, 2014, 11:41 am

Really it's only Warlocks and Hunters that don't have to deal with that, at least at the start. Casters still have to dodge stuff when they start out. When you get more geared out, you may be able to blow them up before they get to you most of the time and not have to deal with it much then but it's much easier for any class once they out gear it.

A warlock with the improved pet talent is easy mode as pretty much everything dangerous the mobs do is an ae and is hugely reduced by the pet passive and can be easily avoided by you at range.

Graven
Pet Score:5307
Realm:Terenas-eu

Post by Graven » August 21st, 2014, 1:06 pm

Digem wrote:Yeah melee got the screw job on the island with all mobs doing some sort of frontal cone effect that can one shot people.
So a melee has to keep dancing to avoid those and ends up pulling other mobs, it is not fun.
To be fair, you don't really have to move that far. Stand toe-to-toe with the mob, and when it does its frontal ability just take a step forward so you are behind the mob. The mob doesn't move, and you are inside its hitbox at all times. Really shouldn't be any additional agro from surrounding mobs unless you're moving way more than you need to.

Digem
MVP

Post by Digem » August 21st, 2014, 1:15 pm

Graven wrote:
Digem wrote:Yeah melee got the screw job on the island with all mobs doing some sort of frontal cone effect that can one shot people.
To be fair, you don't really have to move that far. Stand toe-to-toe with the mob, and when it does its frontal ability just take a step forward so you are behind the mob. The mob doesn't move, and you are inside its hitbox at all times. Really shouldn't be any additional agro from surrounding mobs unless you're moving way more than you need to.

For most yes but takes some skill to do and at low level you don't do much damage much easier to pew-pew from range as a hunter or warlock.
Also he was talking about the rares and some you can't stand near no matter what like cinderfall and hulon does a nasty ticking aoe up close to name a few.

Peanutty

Post by Peanutty » August 21st, 2014, 2:09 pm

Digem wrote:For most yes but takes some skill to do and at low level you don't do much damage much easier to pew-pew from range as a hunter or warlock.
Also he was talking about the rares and some you can't stand near no matter what like cinderfall and hulon does a nasty ticking aoe up close to name a few.
For guys like Cinderfall, I really recommend you wait til a ranged starts it, then hit it once and GTFO. Even my lowest geared hunter can easily "solo" it and I don't mind doing that for the melee players since I know they can't get close.

I actually think TI is a good idea with the different mechanics, to force players to use their entire toolkit. They just need to fix some of the fights so they're not so unfairly skewed to ranged only. I'm always surprised at the number of players (especially melee) who don't realize they can also stun or interrupt casts, or that ground effects/damage can simply be avoided by strafing or running through the mob.