What does P/P mean?

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Pmartyc
Pet Score:815
Realm:Baelgun-us
What does P/P mean?

Post by Pmartyc » August 19th, 2014, 2:54 pm

Hi all,

I am new to this site. I am loving the collection aspect of the pet game. However, I see people use P/P alot. What does this mean? Where can I find a glossary? Please help. Thanks.

:D

Furkel
Top Rater
Pet Score:13624
Realm:Moonglade-eu

Re: What does P/P mean?

Post by Furkel » August 19th, 2014, 2:58 pm

Corah
Pet Score:13318
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Corah » August 19th, 2014, 3:03 pm

P ower
B alance
S peed
H ealth

So a P/P pet is one with power stats. A P/S would have a mix of power and speed. I personally like the numbers better.
Last edited by Corah on August 19th, 2014, 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pmartyc
Pet Score:815
Realm:Baelgun-us

Post by Pmartyc » August 19th, 2014, 3:04 pm

Thank you all for the help. Does this stat get displayed on my scren somehow? Where do I look for these stats? For example, I have 2 KL Gruntlings and now sure what they are?

Thanks again for the help. :P

Corah

Post by Corah » August 19th, 2014, 3:08 pm

I use the addon Pet Tracker to see all that, it was really useful when gathering pets too.

Graven
Pet Score:5307
Realm:Terenas-eu

Post by Graven » August 19th, 2014, 3:17 pm

Yea I use an addon called Battle Pet BreedID (recommended on the addons page of this site) which will tell you the breed of any pet you view in-game. Super useful. :)

Furkel
Top Rater
Pet Score:13624
Realm:Moonglade-eu

Post by Furkel » August 19th, 2014, 3:44 pm

The following is only my personal opinion, BUT: unless you're planning on getting into PvP pet battles eventually, breeds aren't really something you need to concern yourself with if you'd rather not download any addons! Most of the trainers you'll encounter in-game can be handled just fine anyway, and there's not always an obvious "BEST" breed for any given pet either.

Gendou
Pet Score:4413
BattleTag®:Gendou#1955
Realm:Thunderhorn-us

Post by Gendou » August 19th, 2014, 4:09 pm

Furkel wrote:The following is only my personal opinion, BUT: unless you're planning on getting into PvP pet battles eventually, breeds aren't really something you need to concern yourself with if you'd rather not download any addons! Most of the trainers you'll encounter in-game can be handled just fine anyway, and there's not always an obvious "BEST" breed for any given pet either.
ImageImage

Digem
MVP
Pet Score:13800
Realm:Fizzcrank-us

Post by Digem » August 19th, 2014, 9:38 pm

Furkel wrote:The following is only my personal opinion, BUT: unless you're planning on getting into PvP pet battles eventually, breeds aren't really something you need to concern yourself with if you'd rather not download any addons! Most of the trainers you'll encounter in-game can be handled just fine anyway, and there's not always an obvious "BEST" breed for any given pet either.

This tip is right on.
Unless one plans to do the level 25 pet battling pvp breed doesn't really matter.
And if you plan to do that you will need to download a few addons to help you out.
One is pet tracker, another is pet battle breed I'd and a third is enhanced pet battle journal.

These help a lot

Luciandk
Pet Score:3576
Realm:Argent Dawn-eu

Post by Luciandk » August 19th, 2014, 11:56 pm

That is pretty bad advice, guys.

Breeds are important.

Look at Son of Animus, a Power / Power breed mechanical pet.
SoA comes with [ability]Batter[/ability] which hits 1-2 times, plus an extra time if you are faster than your opponent. But given that Son of Animus only have rather low speed of 260, Batter is a quite unreliable ability to slot. And to make matters worser, SoA comes with a second speed dependent ability in [ability]Interupting Jolt[/ability] that only interupts if you go first, which a 260 speed pet rarely will.

A Cogblade Raptor on the other hand, can have up to 341 speed and is a much more reliable user of Batter, where it proves to be a quite viable alternate choice in skillset.

Many dragons comes with [ability]Tail Sweep[/ability], which does more damage if you are slower than your foe. So if you are looking at a Scourged Whelpling, which comes in P/S and H/H breeds, the H/H breeds stands out for 2 reasons.
1: You can be more sure of doing more damage with Tail Sweep due to being reliably slower than an opponent. 2: Due to how the Undead racial works, if you are slower than your enemy, you can get an additional turn of immortality.

Kpb321
Pet Score:3974
BattleTag®:kpb#1554
Realm:Sisters of Elune-us

Post by Kpb321 » August 20th, 2014, 1:26 pm

That is true but you don't have to know the breed or even use an add on to know that a pet is slow or is slower or faster than a particular opponent.

Corah

Post by Corah » August 20th, 2014, 4:26 pm

I think that it should be said that on SOME pets, breed doesn't matter and you shouldn't go crazy trying to get a particular breed of cockroach, for example. However, there are certain pets where it is good to have a particular breed. The Baby Ape is better in the power breed than the balance breed.