stormwing is nasty

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Poofah
Pet Score:4206
Realm:Llane-us
stormwing is nasty

Post by Poofah » August 12th, 2014, 6:05 pm

Here's movesets for the three new pets on the frontpage today, they're all pretty impressive, but Stormwing is really going to ruffle some feathers (kekeke):

Hatespark the Tiny

Firewing

Stormwing

Drudatz
Top Rater
Pet Score:10205
Realm:Kul Tiras-eu

Re: stormwing is nasty

Post by Drudatz » August 12th, 2014, 6:17 pm

I dont see any impressive abilities there and still wait for a pet with the same abilities like Murkalot
(which is imho the strongest pet there is till yet)

Poofah
Pet Score:4206
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Poofah » August 12th, 2014, 6:57 pm

Well, they added a pair of tamer pets with RI -- it's possible they'll put it on another obtainable pet.

I think you're selling these short. The first two are just damage spammers but their damage is impressive. Stormwing can go with Quills/Call Lightning and then either Thunderbolt or Flock. That's a lot of damage either way, and has some decent combo potential.

But if you're looking for game-changing abilities or meta-shaking abilities then I'm kind of afraid you're right. Now that I think about it, Stormwing is yet another excellent pet to swap into after Haunt. I'm still hoping to see something to challenge Haunt (or a Haunt nerf, either way).

Genome
Pet Score:2401
Realm:Sen'jin-us

Post by Genome » August 12th, 2014, 10:33 pm

Drudatz wrote:I dont see any impressive abilities there and still wait for a pet with the same abilities like Murkalot
I don't want another pet with RI or Shieldstorm. I want those abilities removed (Well, SS is somewhat less stupid, unless of course you have no AoE), or at least reworked. If they simply took away the speed bonus that RI gives, then it would be jukeable by more than a very few pets (i.e. something with deflection, ethereal or a lucky switch into a Crystal Prison). There are enough broken things in pet battles as is without adding more Murk clones.

The new pets show promise (at least in dmg potential, but I would like to see them try to implement some competitive Magic and Critter pets into the fold as well.
Last edited by Genome on August 13th, 2014, 12:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Digem
MVP
Pet Score:13800
Realm:Fizzcrank-us

Post by Digem » August 12th, 2014, 11:41 pm

storm wing is going to be insane it can do call lighting then flock with debuff from flock and all lighting extra damage that pet will be nuts.

Luciandk
Pet Score:3576
Realm:Argent Dawn-eu

Post by Luciandk » August 12th, 2014, 11:42 pm

Interesting new pets. Seems they are adding more spammable abilities that plays of weather. Deep Burn for Burning and Sneak Attack for Darkness.

I hope Hatespark is P/P.

Digem
MVP
Pet Score:13800
Realm:Fizzcrank-us

Post by Digem » August 12th, 2014, 11:44 pm

Genome wrote:
Drudatz wrote:I dont see any impressive abilities there and still wait for a pet with the same abilities like Murkalot
I don't want another pet with RI or Shieldstorm. I want those abilities removed (Well, SS is somewhat less stupid, unless of course you have no AoE), or at least reworked. If they simply took the speed bonus that RI gives, then it would be jukeable by more than a very few pets (i.e. something with deflection, ethereal or a lucky switch into a Crystal Prison). There are enough broken things in pet battles as is without adding more Murk clones.

The new pets show promise (at least in dmg potential, but I would like to see them try to implement some competitive Magic and Critter pets into the fold as well.

plenty good critter pets now spring rabbit, squirrles , snails.to name a few.

magic I agree on is probably the weakest class and fewest

Simmias
Pet Score:4458
Realm:Frostmourne-us

Post by Simmias » August 16th, 2014, 10:09 pm

I wonder how often Hatespark will drop and if it will be Cageable. I hope it is 100% on your first kill :X

Luciandk
Pet Score:3576
Realm:Argent Dawn-eu

Post by Luciandk » August 19th, 2014, 5:17 am

Stormwing is the 600 unique pets collected achievement reward

http://wod.wowhead.com/npc=87705

Awq
Realm:Shattered Halls-eu

Post by Awq » August 19th, 2014, 2:11 pm

Digem wrote: plenty good critter pets now spring rabbit, squirrles , snails.to name a few.
There are plenty of good critters, there aren't plenty of good offensive critters though.

That combo of Stormwing is insane for PvE! Add a Corefire Imp for profit.