Argent Tournament pets.

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Hooter
Top Rater
Pet Score:2240
Realm:Zenedar-eu
Argent Tournament pets.

Post by Hooter » August 17th, 2014, 8:21 am

So I am finnishing up the Argent Tournament for my own faction's pets and mounts. But I still want the pets from the other faction.

I was wondering what you guys think is the best way to go about obtaining them? I rarerly see them on the AH at a pretty high price. I'll have a 90 on the opposing faction soon enough, but it seems grindy to start the whole thing over again. What do you guys think?

Thanks in advance.

Triara
Pet Score:2965
Realm:Hellscream-eu

Re: Argent Tournament pets.

Post by Triara » August 17th, 2014, 9:42 am

I actually see them on AH all the time. If you don't, maybe try another server (transferring money is possible via selling pets, but it might be tricky). I would consider farming them manually only as a last resort.

Luciandk
Pet Score:3576
Realm:Argent Dawn-eu

Post by Luciandk » August 17th, 2014, 12:30 pm

Will be much easier to get them once faction ahs gets merged.

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Peanutty » August 17th, 2014, 3:19 pm

Talalara wrote:I know I should not listen to rumor or innuendo but think about it. With the new expansion serving up a "timeline" or "going back in time" scenario there may be some things no longer available or even relevant with the next expansion. Argent Tournament Grounds may be one of those areas and possibly some of those goodies (pets) may disappear with it.
Not sure where you're hearing this from, but I verrrrry much doubt that would happen. I don't care for lore, period, but they're billing WoD as an alternate timeline... in Draenor. Argent Tournament is in Azeroth and there's no reason to think that it would be affected. Even the BC version of Draenor will still exist.

There's literally thousands of people on beta. I'm sure someone here would've reported it if an entire patch worth of content suddenly vanished. There's also no sign of any of the ToC or Argent Tournament achievements turning into FoS or Legacy (other than the ones that were retired back at the start? end? of ICC), which is further evidence of this.

To OP: Trading would probably be the best option since it shouldn't cost you anything out of pocket. Or you could sell extras of your faction's pets and then use the funds to buy the pets you need from the other side (if your home server/AH isn't great for pets you could consider going to other realms to sell/buy). As you mentioned you could start the grind on the other faction but to me it's too much work for pets that can be picked up on the cheap.
Last edited by Peanutty on August 17th, 2014, 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Luciandk
Pet Score:3576
Realm:Argent Dawn-eu

Post by Luciandk » August 17th, 2014, 3:34 pm

Any argent stuff will still be there in wod, its been several expansions and its untouched. Only reason to retire those, would be a northrend revamp.

Yazhi
MVP
Pet Score:4810
Realm:Emerald Dream-eu

Post by Yazhi » August 17th, 2014, 3:41 pm

Not online atm but I may have some doubles, if so we can work out a reasonable exchange :)

Dolz
Pet Score:6070
Realm:Trollbane-us

Post by Dolz » August 18th, 2014, 10:13 am

I have also seen them in the BMAH on occasion.

Hooter
Top Rater

Post by Hooter » August 18th, 2014, 10:53 am

In that case it should be mentioned that I am Horde EU, Azaelia.

Digem
MVP
Pet Score:13800
Realm:Fizzcrank-us

Post by Digem » August 19th, 2014, 8:14 am

Yes a little grindy to start on the other faction but the upside to having it open is nice.
Access to the mounts from there which help on getting mount achievements like get 100 or more.
And those pets still sell decently so can get the ones you need then sell anymore you get from that point on.
Really worth doing just so one can get the tabard that gives one a instant summon to the argent tourney grounds.
Not like their isn't time right now to do it.

Graven
Pet Score:5307
Realm:Terenas-eu

Post by Graven » August 19th, 2014, 2:47 pm

Yea, I'm currently working my way through AT on an alliance toon, for the mounts. Seems really grindy and boring, I can't even bring myself to do it every day :(

Can't believe I did this on, i think 8(?) characters back in WotLK.... :o

If it was just the pets I was after I would definitely buy them rather than do the grind again. Probably worth making an alt on a busier server if your home AH is dead, even if it will be obsolete when WoD comes out due to the linked AH system.

Hooter
Top Rater

Post by Hooter » August 19th, 2014, 6:55 pm

On a semi-related topic, will I be able to use the alliance mounts from the tournament on my horde toons and vice versa? I have been preparing to sell some pet on another server after what I've read here. Seems like the best way to go.

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Peanutty » August 19th, 2014, 7:25 pm

Hooter wrote:On a semi-related topic, will I be able to use the alliance mounts from the tournament on my horde toons and vice versa? I have been preparing to sell some pet on another server after what I've read here. Seems like the best way to go.
Re: mounts - overall the answer is no. Most of the mounts don't transfer over to the other faction.

As reference, I have all AT mounts on alli side. On horde side the only ones I have listed are...

Argent Hippogryph
Argent Warhorse
Sunreaver Dragonhawk
Sunreaver Hawkstrider

So none of the mounts from the actual city factions are available to me.

Dragonwizard
Top Rater
Pet Score:6685
BattleTag®:Dragonwizard#1388
Realm:Hellscream-us

Post by Dragonwizard » August 22nd, 2014, 6:17 am

If you want all the pets you will still have to do the tourney on a horde toon to get the argent grunting (or whatever it's called). I did it and it only took like 12-14 days of the dailies from start to finish to get that one non cage able pet. The rest I would just get off the AH if you don't want to do the grind anymore.
"Even when you are winning soundly, you must always give your opponent a way to retreat with honor. If you don't, then he has no reason to surrender. He will fight until the bitter end, and you will pay a larger price for victory."