Any Reason to keep Multi of a pet?

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Mydoc
Pet Score:6198
BattleTag®:Mydoc#1565
Realm:Arthas-us
Any Reason to keep Multi of a pet?

Post by Mydoc » August 14th, 2014, 7:04 am

When WoD was announced along with breeding it was going to require a lot of extra rare pets. As I was farming I grabbed 3 rares of all the eternal skitters for example. Now my pet journal has tons of random level pets I'll never level. Is there any reason to keep say 3 snowy pandas? I was thinking of releasing/ selling the pets I don't need. Any reason not too?

Digem
MVP
Pet Score:13800
Realm:Fizzcrank-us

Re: Any Reason to keep Multi of a pet?

Post by Digem » August 14th, 2014, 9:15 am

If one of the top pets like son of animus, crow, death adder hatchling, val'kry etc... Then yes worth having duplicates makes celestial tourney and such easier.
Also, nice to have some pets in different breeds.
Makes for more options in pvp battling and sometimes an opponent might not be expecting you to fight differently than the norm with a different than norm breed of one of the top pets.
But, random pets like those striders not really unless you like to collect pets for different skins that can be had and some do.
Generally don't need three of each on the 20 different cockroaches in the game.

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Peanutty » August 14th, 2014, 1:06 pm

Mydoc wrote:When WoD was announced along with breeding it was going to require a lot of extra rare pets. As I was farming I grabbed 3 rares of all the eternal skitters for example. Now my pet journal has tons of random level pets I'll never level. Is there any reason to keep say 3 snowy pandas? I was thinking of releasing/ selling the pets I don't need. Any reason not too?
I was in the same boat, started keeping extras in case breeding went live. But it drove me crazy having so many excess pets. I recently went through and purged my collection so other than two or three specific pets (where I couldn't decide on one breed over another - oh, and unique skins, as mentioned below), I'm back down to one of each.

So unless you feel you need certain pets for either PVP or a specific tamer battle set up (i.e. using multiple Pandaren Water Spirits in CT), no, I don't see a reason to keep extras.
Last edited by Peanutty on August 14th, 2014, 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mehetabel
Top Rater
Pet Score:13557
Realm:Lightbringer-eu

Post by Mehetabel » August 14th, 2014, 6:20 pm

I have a couple of duplicates of pets that I needed to complete the Celestial Tournament every week but, apart from those, I don't keep any duplicates at all. I know some people like having versions of the same pet with diff stats/colours etc though.
Come join us in the WarcraftPets In-Game Community (EU)! Request invite here: https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=18420

Huntingforfun
Top Rater
Pet Score:3126
BattleTag®:DrApocalypse#1132
Realm:Hyjal-us

Post by Huntingforfun » August 19th, 2014, 8:09 am

Only duplicates I kept are Mr. Bigglesworth when the bug gave you 3 and Pandaren Water Spirit for Celestial Tournament. Sometimes I need 2 depending on week. Otherwise I delete/cage pets I got 2 of to sell. I like knowing how many unique pets I got at any given time to flaunt to guildies.