LF partner for [No Time to Heal] on EU

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Triara
Pet Score:2965
Realm:Hellscream-eu
LF partner for [No Time to Heal] on EU

Post by Triara » August 14th, 2014, 8:20 am

Not sure where to put this...

I am looking for a partner for the [No Time to Heal] achievement. Rather than waste the time of fellow PVPers with stall teams at level 25, let's just trade wins while queuing simultaneously with 1-1-X teams. The best place to do this is Deepholm, so have a char that can go there.

This is on EU (not US).

If you are interested, put your btag here or PM it to me, and we'll figure out the time (I am playing on evenings).

Thanks for listening.

PS: I realize the above is cheesing the achievement, but in this particular case, the alternative is, I believe, much worse - the only semi-reliable way to get this annoying achievement is to use a stall team, and we all know how fun these are to face.

Kring
Pet Score:6755
BattleTag®:scrufola#2941
Realm:Kargath-eu

Re: LF partner for [No Time to Heal] on EU

Post by Kring » August 14th, 2014, 8:33 am

Triara wrote:The best place to do this is Deepholm, so have a char that can go there.
Why is that?

When you're in a PvP battle you don't necessarily see the same location as your opponent. WoW just shows a place from your continent. You can queue in Stormwind and get matched against a person queuing from shrine. You will see the fight take place in e.g. Stranglethorn or Ironforge and the other person will see the fight happening in e.g. Kun Lai.

Triara

Post by Triara » August 14th, 2014, 8:38 am

If that's the case, then yes, it doesn't matter. I didn't know that.

Triara

Post by Triara » August 16th, 2014, 11:00 pm

Bump. Still looking.

Kel
Pet Score:4788
BattleTag®:TerribleTim#1747
Realm:Ravencrest-us

Post by Kel » August 18th, 2014, 10:42 am

What he is saying is, you can't queue against a specific opponent, and you will have no idea who you're queued against. So this doesn't really work.
HayWire Motorsports
Tacoma, Washington
http://www.haywire-racing.com

Digem
MVP
Pet Score:13800
Realm:Fizzcrank-us

Post by Digem » August 18th, 2014, 11:49 am

Kel wrote:What he is saying is, you can't queue against a specific opponent, and you will have no idea who you're queued against. So this doesn't really work.

Yes that is technically true there are ways to kinda rig the system.
The pet battling system attempts to match people up by level of pets.
So if I go in to battle with 2 level 25's and 1 say level 3 and the person I am doing this does the exact level set up for their pets we should get matched up together.
Problem arises that this doesn't always work out that way sometimes it just doesn't do the match up right.
Or a bigger problem is the winner gets xp so his/her pets do not stay at that level so you got to have multiples at the lower level you are doing this with.
And if they too close to level 25 you will more than likely get a full level 25 team as your opponent.
The better team matchup to almost guarantee a matchup would be like a level 10, 9, 8 but remember the winner gets xp so have backup pets ready.

Awq
Realm:Shattered Halls-eu

Post by Awq » August 19th, 2014, 2:18 pm

Possibly the easiest way of getting it atm is adding a Emperor/Spirebound Crab as the first pet of your team. You should start with this pet. It has a reasonable chance of countering a whole team. People will often realize their loss and forfeit (or it can 1vs3 a team/give you a big enough advantage).
You should use Shield/Heal/Surge (although Snap can work too)

Edit: I edited my post. My apologies. I was wrong in my assumptions.