Tuskarr kite

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Nytemayre
Top Rater
Pet Score:13400
Realm:Darkspear-us
Tuskarr kite

Post by Nytemayre » August 6th, 2014, 4:26 pm

Just got my kite today for 29,999G in the AH. It isn't showing up in my collection here. Did the log in and out thing etc and no luck. Did I buy a dupe? Is there any way to tell?

Mehetabel
Top Rater
Pet Score:13619
Realm:Lightbringer-eu

Re: Tuskarr kite

Post by Mehetabel » August 6th, 2014, 4:30 pm

Have you checked your armoury to see if it's showing there? This site updates from the armoury so if there is an issue there . . .
Come join us in the WarcraftPets In-Game Community (EU)! Request invite here: https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=18420

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13928
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » August 6th, 2014, 4:37 pm

Mehetabel is correct. Your collection only reflects the data that's stored in the WoW armory. The armory was not updating properly recently; I'm not sure if it was fixed or not. If you added it to your Pet Journal but it's not appearing in your armory, then there's an issue on Blizzard's end.

There's no way to tell a "duped" pet from a legitamite pet, and even if there was, I doubt that would have any impact on data updating in the armory.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Nytemayre
Top Rater
Pet Score:13400
Realm:Darkspear-us

Post by Nytemayre » August 6th, 2014, 5:15 pm

Ok, thank you for the info. I'll try it again later this evening.

Siegurd333
Top Rater
Pet Score:4485
Realm:Korialstrasz-us

Post by Siegurd333 » August 6th, 2014, 8:26 pm

I typically give it a day before I expect the wow armory to be updated. Good job catching a tuskar kite at 30k, btw.

Kring
Pet Score:6755
BattleTag®:scrufola#2941
Realm:Kargath-eu

Post by Kring » August 7th, 2014, 7:03 am

Siegurd333 wrote:I typically give it a day before I expect the wow armory to be updated.
The armory is updated immediately when you log out. But only on the character you log out, not on all your characters. Make sure to log in and out with the character linked to from the warcraftpets account.

Simmias
Pet Score:4458
Realm:Frostmourne-us

Post by Simmias » August 10th, 2014, 5:18 am

Siegurd333 wrote:I typically give it a day before I expect the wow armory to be updated. Good job catching a tuskar kite at 30k, btw.
they have been duped heavily and are usually around 20 to 30k atm. Blizz is doing nothing about it because they can't really tell if a pet is duped or not, pet market has been ruined completely.

Nyphette
Pet Score:9132
Realm:Scarlet Crusade-us

Post by Nyphette » August 10th, 2014, 6:44 am

I read recently that it is impossible to duplicate a pet, (or anything in WoW.. a bit of an urban myth that some people like to perpetuate) so "duped" pets are not on AH.. but what may be happening is that pets are taken from compromised accounts and sold off that way, I also read and again not sure if its true, that if Blizz finds them they will delete the pet and you will be compensated for the gold you spent as you were unaware of its origin. As I said, this is what I read the other day, pretty sure it was a blue post, I think.. :? .. good luck all and happy pet hunting. :mrgreen:
p.s. I really really really want the kites :cry:

Graven
Pet Score:5307
Realm:Terenas-eu

Post by Graven » August 10th, 2014, 7:09 am

Regardless of what the "official line" is, it's pretty damned obvious that pets and mounts have been duped. Obviously they are going to be reluctant to admit it, as admitting that they know about it but can't do anything to stop it would really damage player confidence in the security of the game.

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13928
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » August 10th, 2014, 10:05 am

Nyphette wrote:I read recently that it is impossible to duplicate a pet, (or anything in WoW.. a bit of an urban myth that some people like to perpetuate) so "duped" pets are not on AH.. but what may be happening is that pets are taken from compromised accounts and sold off that way, I also read and again not sure if its true, that if Blizz finds them they will delete the pet and you will be compensated for the gold you spent as you were unaware of its origin. As I said, this is what I read the other day, pretty sure it was a blue post, I think.. :? .. good luck all and happy pet hunting. :mrgreen:
It would be bad PR if Blizzard acknowledged that duping was possible within their game IMO, so even if duping is 100% possible, they would not openly admit it. It's easier for them to say that pets are obtained through illicit means, usually through compromised accounts. Which is probably technically true; some duping likely occurs on compromised accounts.

I've only heard of Blizzard removing a purchased pet if the player bought the pet through a personal transaction (trade chat deals), not from the AH.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Digem
MVP
Pet Score:13800
Realm:Fizzcrank-us

Post by Digem » August 12th, 2014, 11:59 am

Nyphette wrote:I read recently that it is impossible to duplicate a pet, (or anything in WoW.. a bit of an urban myth that some people like to perpetuate) so "duped" pets are not on AH.. but what may be happening is that pets are taken from compromised accounts and sold off that way, I also read and again not sure if its true, that if Blizz finds them they will delete the pet and you will be compensated for the gold you spent as you were unaware of its origin. As I said, this is what I read the other day, pretty sure it was a blue post, I think.. :? .. good luck all and happy pet hunting. :mrgreen:

So all these compromised accounts just all happened to have rare pets.
And they were all put on the ah almost exactly a year ago.
When before hand none to maybe one or so at a time would show up.
B.S. It is just like the epic gems from cata that overnight people had stacks to sell.
When they were drops from killing bosses and only had a "chance" to drop epics.
I cleared dragon soul on multiple toons all the way threw even including heroics and got maybe a half dozen epic gems to drop the whole time but this one guy in trade had stacks?
Dupping happens and blizz denies it and does nothing and the wonders why it gets out of control.
The pet market was a nice way to make money on multiple realms and faction sides to help acquire all the different pets one wanted and overnight it was crashed and flooded with rare pets.
Thanks blizz.

Mehetabel
Top Rater
Pet Score:13619
Realm:Lightbringer-eu

Post by Mehetabel » August 12th, 2014, 7:25 pm

I think I saw something a while back where Blizzard said the pet issue was not duping as such but an issue with loot code hacking. For obvious reasons they didn't give much detail. I'd say it's probably a good mix of that AND hacked accounts.
Come join us in the WarcraftPets In-Game Community (EU)! Request invite here: https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=18420

Digem
MVP
Pet Score:13800
Realm:Fizzcrank-us

Post by Digem » August 12th, 2014, 11:28 pm

Mehetabel wrote:I think I saw something a while back where Blizzard said the pet issue was not duping as such but an issue with loot code hacking. For obvious reasons they didn't give much detail. I'd say it's probably a good mix of that AND hacked accounts.

they blame hacks and stuff so as to not be their fault for dupping.