Harpy Youngling

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Yazhi
MVP
Pet Score:4810
Realm:Emerald Dream-eu
Harpy Youngling

Post by Yazhi » December 2nd, 2012, 1:31 pm

Noticed lots of people camping these and low spawn rate. I have just seen these on Terenas EU (got rare first time and left others)

Hellomynameis
Pet Score:2162
Realm:Shattered Hand-eu

Re: Harpy Youngling

Post by Hellomynameis » December 2nd, 2012, 2:00 pm

I have to ask, if you got a rare the first time, what on earth(Azeroth) are you doing in those parts of the woods? I mean, if you already got your rare, why/how do you notice so many camping?

I went there twice, saw many(+20 spawns) each time, found my rare on my second log in to that alt

Kahlan
Pet Score:7594
Realm:Silvermoon-eu

Post by Kahlan » December 3rd, 2012, 8:11 am

I've only ever seen 2 spawns on separate occasions on alt server, both poor.
Got one of them and alt-f4 'd the other.

Yazhi
MVP
Pet Score:4810
Realm:Emerald Dream-eu

Post by Yazhi » December 3rd, 2012, 11:49 am

Hellomynameis wrote:I have to ask, if you got a rare the first time, what on earth(Azeroth) are you doing in those parts of the woods? I mean, if you already got your rare, why/how do you notice so many camping?

I went there twice, saw many(+20 spawns) each time, found my rare on my second log in to that alt

I was camping it for a long time, seeing many other players there: The first one I encountered was a rare, that I caught on this server without any other campers. Hence giving the advice to others that was in a similar predicament to myself to try this method. Seemed pretty clear to me but hope that explains it a bit better :)

Hellomynameis
Pet Score:2162
Realm:Shattered Hand-eu

Post by Hellomynameis » December 3rd, 2012, 1:33 pm

Azaelia wrote:
Hellomynameis wrote:I have to ask, if you got a rare the first time, what on earth(Azeroth) are you doing in those parts of the woods? I mean, if you already got your rare, why/how do you notice so many camping?

I was camping it for a long time, seeing many other players there: The first one I encountered was a rare, that I caught on this server without any other campers. Hence giving the advice to others that was in a similar predicament to myself to try this method. Seemed pretty clear to me but hope that explains it a bit better :)
Ahh, kk, thanks for clarifying, it was this part that threw me:
Azaelia wrote:got rare first time and left others
:)

Faery
Pet Score:263
Realm:Destromath-us

Post by Faery » December 4th, 2012, 9:50 am

For those that are hunting her, I've found that killing the other critters in the area make her spawn faster. I'm still looking for a rare, although I did find some poor quality ones.

Mairin
Top Rater
Pet Score:3202
Realm:Blade's Edge-us

Post by Mairin » December 4th, 2012, 11:45 am

Faery wrote:For those that are hunting her, I've found that killing the other critters in the area make her spawn faster. I'm still looking for a rare, although I did find some poor quality ones.
"Someone" I actually know on here for once ;)

Was this on BE or elsewhere? Every time I've been over there on alts I've not even seen a poor nevermind a rare.