Vanilla CE codes going cheap(ish) on ebay

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Mehetabel
Top Rater
Pet Score:13557
Realm:Lightbringer-eu
Vanilla CE codes going cheap(ish) on ebay

Post by Mehetabel » August 4th, 2014, 6:03 pm

There is a guy selling the activation codes for the Vanilla CE on ebay. Looks like he has one left and he's selling them for £319 which is a fraction of what the whole CE box goes for (£1600+).

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/221361878059?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

In case anyone has some spare cash to burn :lol:
Last edited by Mehetabel on August 5th, 2014, 8:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Come join us in the WarcraftPets In-Game Community (EU)! Request invite here: https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=18420

Mehetabel
Top Rater

Re: Vanilla CE codes going cheap(ish) on ebay

Post by Mehetabel » August 5th, 2014, 3:20 am

Decided to take my own advice and, after turning my pockets out and counting some change, I now have Mini Diablo, Panda Cub and Zergling! :shock:

I never ever thought I'd have these pets so I'm really happy today! :D
Come join us in the WarcraftPets In-Game Community (EU)! Request invite here: https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=18420

Cahlyn
Top Rater
Pet Score:11246
BattleTag®:Cahlyn#2230
Realm:Nordrassil-eu

Post by Cahlyn » August 5th, 2014, 3:35 am

Congrats! That's really awesome for you ;) /cheer :D

Mehetabel
Top Rater

Post by Mehetabel » August 5th, 2014, 8:37 am

Thanks! :D

Yazhi
MVP
Pet Score:4810
Realm:Emerald Dream-eu

Post by Yazhi » August 5th, 2014, 8:55 am

Did you have any issue redeeming the code? as when i tried to redeem TBC collectors edition it saidf the code had 'expired' as it was so old and wanted proof of purchase including the physical contents?

Ruststorm
Top Rater
Pet Score:5021
Realm:Nagrand-eu

Post by Ruststorm » August 5th, 2014, 9:06 am

Azaelia wrote:Did you have any issue redeeming the code? as when i tried to redeem TBC collectors edition it saidf the code had 'expired' as it was so old and wanted proof of purchase including the physical contents?
Unfortunately that's only with TBC CE... You even aren't eligible for the murlock anymore... :( That's the main reason i cba to buy TBC CE anymore. All other CE's can be registered without a problem.

Lilac
Top Rater
Pet Score:6830
BattleTag®:Kieran#2251

Post by Lilac » August 5th, 2014, 9:10 am

thank you, i have just spent £319 because of you! :lol:

its a great feeling to finally get these 3 pets after having given up on them

I think he has 1 code left and delivered my code within 2 mins of me clicking buy.

Yazhi
MVP

Post by Yazhi » August 5th, 2014, 9:24 am

Thanks for the swift answer Rus,

I had in fact messaged the seller who responded to me immediately and has also put me £319 out of pocket.... I think Mehetabel is making money off getting us to spend ours!!! :P

Mehetabel
Top Rater

Post by Mehetabel » August 5th, 2014, 9:51 am

haha glad to see some other happy pet collectors! It was just such a good deal I had to share it! :D

Regarding the TBC CE, I keep hearing mixed reports on that. Some people swear that they have been able to redeem the code (via post), and get both pets, fairly recently, others have said that they only got the whelpling when they did it. I honestly don't know what to believe anymore. :?

Yazhi
MVP

Post by Yazhi » August 5th, 2014, 9:53 am

Mehetabel wrote:haha glad to see some other happy pet collectors! It was just such a good deal I had to share it! :D

Regarding the TBC CE, I keep hearing mixed reports on that. Some people swear that they have been able to redeem the code (via post), and get both pets, fairly recently, others have said that they only got the whelpling when they did it. I honestly don't know what to believe anymore. :?
I bought mine about a year ago or so, and I had to call Blizz, send photo proof of the box and game code, and a screenshot of my payment through ebay. Once they saw that and My ID card they mailed both to me, maybe it changed...

But yes I'm very happy, although my savings now are not!! :P

I actually named mine Yen, Dollar and Euro just as a subtle reminder for me ^^

Dolz
Pet Score:6070
Realm:Trollbane-us

Post by Dolz » August 5th, 2014, 11:01 am

Do these codes work on US servers or European ones?

Yazhi
MVP

Post by Yazhi » August 5th, 2014, 11:06 am

Dolz wrote:Do these codes work on US servers or European ones?
These are EU codes, tbh I might ask him anyway as he seemed to have a few copies

Dolz
Pet Score:6070
Realm:Trollbane-us

Post by Dolz » August 5th, 2014, 11:39 am

I contacted Mr. Hofmann and received this very quick reply:

"Hello,

i can only quote the message from a customer who was successful with this way:

"I called Blizzard prior to buying the collectors addition from you. I asked them if the pets were transferable- they did not give me a straight answer. What they said was: "All pets that come from a blizzard account are Battle.net bound, so you should have them anyway. I asked for them to give this to me in writing (as I had heard that they were totally different segments and would not show.) Justin, the rep I had been speaking too, agreed. So I had documentation that this would work. After I created an EU account, the pets were only on my EU wow account, and did not transfer to my North American account. So I called back in- this time they said as they had in the past, the two were not related and they would not show on my old account. At that time I had them refer to my written promise- which after speaking with a supervisor, they agreed to trade me my EU wow for a North American one. So I now have a North American wow collectors addition and my EU was deleted.
The only reason they did this for me is that I had their promise in writing- lucky me, as otherwise I would have been screwed!"

Please note that usually it is not possible. but you can try that aswell, it was like 2 weeks ago.
Regards"

As much as I would like to get these codes, that is too much to gamble on getting the right service rep. :cry:

Graven
Pet Score:5307
Realm:Terenas-eu

Post by Graven » August 5th, 2014, 2:40 pm

Wow, and there's me baulking at laying down £19 for a RAF pet, haha.

Mega grats to those with new additions to their journals tho - some awesome little pets there. :)

Wilderness
Pet Score:3494
Realm:Greymane-us

Post by Wilderness » August 5th, 2014, 5:02 pm

Wow, grats to you all.

I only opened this thread because I was curious what "cheap(ish)" actually was and while I knew it was going to be more than I thought but man, that's crazy. And these normally go for 1600? That's just nuts.

Jazeel
Pet Score:9583
Realm:Saurfang-us

Post by Jazeel » August 5th, 2014, 6:26 pm

I bought a collectors edition of TBC off ebay a few years ago, had no problem redeeming the code but i only got the whelpling, i didnt even know their was the possibility of another pet, if so could someone please enlighten me as i still have the box and all its contents .

Yazhi
MVP

Post by Yazhi » August 5th, 2014, 7:43 pm

Jazeel wrote:I bought a collectors edition of TBC off ebay a few years ago, had no problem redeeming the code but i only got the whelpling, i didnt even know their was the possibility of another pet, if so could someone please enlighten me as i still have the box and all its contents .
If you are from US you only get the whelp, EU players also got the Lurky pet from it

Khorah
Pet Score:11506
BattleTag®:Khorah#1833
Realm:Medivh-us

Post by Khorah » August 5th, 2014, 8:04 pm

Jazeel wrote:I bought a collectors edition of TBC off ebay a few years ago, had no problem redeeming the code but i only got the whelpling, i didnt even know their was the possibility of another pet, if so could someone please enlighten me as i still have the box and all its contents .
The EU servers "hiccuped" with the TBC CE and the EU folks didnt get their pets. As an apology, Blizz gave them [pet]Lurky[/pet] along with the whelp. Sadly, this was only available to EU accounts.

Jazeel
Pet Score:9583
Realm:Saurfang-us

Post by Jazeel » August 5th, 2014, 9:45 pm

thanks for the replies, as i am an oceanic player i can throw the box away after all i guess :)