a question about breeds

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Echinacea
Pet Score:10214
Realm:Ravencrest-us
a question about breeds

Post by Echinacea » August 4th, 2014, 10:28 am

ok, im learning a bit more thanks to someone linking me an important post last week.

take for example my clockwork gnome:

its a male S/B breed.....which makes it an 11 breed at 4/4/9

my question is.....are ALL clockwork gnomes the same? (apart from male or female)

if not, is there a way for people to change it?

if you cant change it and there ARE differences....will the differences run the spectrum from 3 to 22?

if thats the case i can see how much more complex the issue is if you can have 3 of the same type of pet....i would assume people capture 3 rares of different types.

Digem
MVP
Pet Score:13800
Realm:Fizzcrank-us

Re: a question about breeds

Post by Digem » August 4th, 2014, 10:39 am

Some pets come in up to 6 or so different breeds some like
Clockwork only come in one unfortunately .
We were hoping with the intial promise of breeding in WoD that the player could make the pet into whatever breed they wanted. But that is gone for now and in the long one probably a good thing some pets would be way to OP if breed into an optimal breed. Reason why some pets don't come in certain breeds now and would be a nightmare to balance.

The pet data base on this site will let you know what breeds a pet can be.

Echinacea

Post by Echinacea » August 4th, 2014, 11:53 am

Digem wrote:Some pets come in up to 6 or so different breeds some like
We were hoping with the intial promise of breeding in WoD that the player could make the pet into whatever breed they wanted. But that is gone for now and in the long one probably a good thing some pets would be way to OP if breed into an optimal breed. Reason why some pets don't come in certain breeds now and would be a nightmare to balance.

a 4/14 chrominus P/P breed would be a monster!

Digem
MVP
Pet Score:13800
Realm:Fizzcrank-us

Post by Digem » August 4th, 2014, 1:17 pm

Echinacea wrote:
Digem wrote:Some pets come in up to 6 or so different breeds some like

a 4/14 chrominus P/P breed would be a monster!

Or one of the healing pets like the blossoming tree or singing flower because p/p also boost heals and when they do attack then hits like a truck.
Magical crawdad would be near unstoppable.

Echinacea

Post by Echinacea » August 4th, 2014, 1:40 pm

damn, my magical crawdad is H/H

so, if i buy a bunch more of the auction house....could i end up with a P/P one?

Luciandk
Pet Score:3576
Realm:Argent Dawn-eu

Post by Luciandk » August 4th, 2014, 2:20 pm

Magical crawdad only have one breed, H/H. And its main spell wish heals 50% of max life, so it actually scales better with high health.

Get the addon battle pet breed id on curse to easilly display breeds ingame, as well showing what breeds pets have available.

Hrm, makes me think, Warcraftpets ought to have a quicklink to the most popular and useful pet addons, such as this one.

Echinacea

Post by Echinacea » August 4th, 2014, 2:53 pm

Luciandk wrote:Magical crawdad only have one breed, H/H. And its main spell wish heals 50% of max life, so it actually scales better with high health.

Get the addon battle pet breed id on curse to easilly display breeds ingame, as well showing what breeds pets have available.

Hrm, makes me think, Warcraftpets ought to have a quicklink to the most popular and useful pet addons, such as this one.
thanks! ill download it tonight because i pretty much only do pet battles now (while waiting on the next pug instance)

Poofah
Pet Score:4206
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Poofah » August 4th, 2014, 4:45 pm

I like petsear.ch since it has all the pets on one page.

http://petsear.ch/Breeds