any idears for good anti flying pet.

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Trashia
Top Rater
Pet Score:12884
Realm:Scarshield Legion-eu
any idears for good anti flying pet.

Post by Trashia » August 2nd, 2014, 1:44 am

hello =) iam looking for abit of help with a good pet Agains flying mobs .. just strat to do all the dailys latley and i find my anti flying pet list is evey short and they die to many times .. any ideas to a usefull pet would be lovely :D

Trashia

Trashia
Top Rater

Re: any idears for good anti flying pet.

Post by Trashia » August 2nd, 2014, 2:09 am

Thanks Jinzka gonna try him out )

okay Emerald Proto-Whelp Works like a charm :D even tho i just have a p/s .. should go farm for the p/p if he is that much better)
Last edited by Trashia on August 2nd, 2014, 8:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hermy
Top Rater
Pet Score:10379
BattleTag®:Hermy#1783
Realm:Aman'Thul-us

Post by Hermy » August 2nd, 2014, 4:40 am

+1,000,000 to the Emerald Proto-Whelp. My absolute #1 go-to pet against flyers. I have the P/P breed, and she pretty much eats them for breakfast, lunch & dinner.

I also like anything ooze-like, Corrosion-Expunge-Ooze Touch is a great combo. But for a one off, nothing beats the Proto-Whelp IMO.

Skavenged
Pet Score:9590
Realm:Cairne-us

Post by Skavenged » August 2nd, 2014, 7:31 am

Chrominius is also brutal against flyers. Takes less damage from them, has an anti-flyer AOE, a damage buff, and let's not forget that he can 1-shot most flyers with the cannon.

Genome
Pet Score:2401
Realm:Sen'jin-us

Post by Genome » August 2nd, 2014, 11:15 am

For flyers, I like the [pet]Nether Fairy Dragon[/pet]. Takes weak dmg from flyer abilities, has [ability]Arcane Blast [/ability] which ramps up to be a killer, and [ability]Moonlight[/ability] which hits flyers hard as well.

Lately, I have also been using [pet]Ominous Flame[/pet] against flyers. [ability]Forboding Curse[/ability] is a great debuff, and [ability]Spiritfire Bolt[/ability] hits like a truck. Might want to use [ability]Nimbus[/ability] first though as the 85% hit chance is a tad low. He's great against crows as well being an Elemental.

Trashia
Top Rater

Post by Trashia » August 3rd, 2014, 11:25 am

Thanks for all the great ideas :D
Got a few pets for flying now making daily quest's alot faster

Krystenn
MVP
Pet Score:6616
Realm:Steamwheedle Cartel-us

Post by Krystenn » August 4th, 2014, 10:48 pm

I would also like to suggest the [pet]Emerald Whelpling[/pet]. It has both [ability]Emerald Bite[/ability] and [ability]Moonfire[/ability]. Add in [ability]Tranquility [/ability]and it's just a brutal flying pet killer. The [pet]Emerald Proto-Whelp[/pet] is great if you want a wild pet who starts off at a higher level, but leveling/farming the [pet]Emerald Whelpling[/pet] is well worth it.

Se5s
Pet Score:3144
BattleTag®:sess#1102
Realm:Madoran-us

Post by Se5s » August 10th, 2014, 12:19 am

Xufu 1 shots about every flyer with prowl/moonfire. Then you can switch moonfire to feed and get him back to full hp against a random wild pet.

Genome
Pet Score:2401
Realm:Sen'jin-us

Post by Genome » August 10th, 2014, 11:04 am

Oh, and forgot my fave Flyer killer; the [pet]Jade Oozeling[/pet]! The P/P breed is a wrecking-ball against flyers, and has the perk of the magic racial vs. NS, which all but ensures that you will get both [ability]Creeping Ooze[/ability] and [ability]Corrosion[/ability] up on the bird, which is basically a death sentence for them. If you are running with [ability]Ooze Touch[/ability], then death come for birds even quicker :)

Discodoggy
Pet Score:9713
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Discodoggy » August 10th, 2014, 12:44 pm

The Warpstalker Hatchling is good against flyers. It has the priority magic move Blinkstrike, which not only does strong damage to flyers but negates the second move of Alpha Strike. Since it's a beast it takes less damage against Darkness, so there's another plus against ravens. Unfortunately, the other two slots have mediocre moves so it's not a great pet overall. I generally only use it when I'm encountering a lot of flying pets.

Tekulve2012
Pet Score:4376
BattleTag®:kingsfoiler#1479
Realm:Sisters of Elune-us

Post by Tekulve2012 » August 10th, 2014, 1:14 pm

You can also fight fire with fire-

use the azure crane chick. With acid rain , quills and surge you can erase their flying racial quickly enough.. Just make sure to get the p/p breed