You know what I hate?

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Skavenged
Pet Score:9590
Realm:Cairne-us
You know what I hate?

Post by Skavenged » July 31st, 2014, 5:37 pm

I hate a sore loser!! I can't stand it when people realize they are beaten, and so they just sit and wait for the timer to expire simply to drag the fight out and punish someone simply for beating them. Ran into the same team 4 times while I was using three different teams, and each time, he fought hard until it became obvious he was beaten, and then he started letting the timer run out until the match was over (I'm assuming he did something else to entertain himself in the meantime). You know... when you're beaten, you're beaten... It happens. At least have the decency to lose gracefully!!

So to the person running Rascal Bot/Infected Squirrel/Voodoo Figurine... You're a jerk!! Kthanx!!

Kpb321
Pet Score:3974
BattleTag®:kpb#1554
Realm:Sisters of Elune-us

Re: You know what I hate?

Post by Kpb321 » July 31st, 2014, 6:02 pm

At least the timer should get shorter on them so they can't stall for as long as the used to be able to but it is still annoying. I guess they are hoping you'll get frustrated and quit giving them the win.

Kel
Pet Score:4788
BattleTag®:TerribleTim#1747
Realm:Ravencrest-us

Post by Kel » July 31st, 2014, 6:19 pm

I had a match a few months back where we both ended up with two pets that were literally a dead heat. We could both heal more damage than was being done. So it literally came down to who wanted to click the buttons the longest. I won because he gave up after about 20 minutes of getting nowhere. I mean it was literally an endless game at that point.
HayWire Motorsports
Tacoma, Washington
http://www.haywire-racing.com

JEC
Pet Score:5503
Realm:Arthas-us

Post by JEC » July 31st, 2014, 9:15 pm

Skavenged wrote:
So to the person running Rascal Bot/Infected Squirrel/Voodoo Figurine... You're a jerk!! Kthanx!!
I ran into the same team today doing the same thing. Very annoying.

Weldar
Pet Score:5075
Realm:Dawnbringer-us

Post by Weldar » July 31st, 2014, 9:29 pm

me too when they realized they lost they just ran down timer and passes for like 5-6 turns multiple times.

Digem
MVP
Pet Score:13800
Realm:Fizzcrank-us

Post by Digem » August 1st, 2014, 4:42 am

I think I have run into the same team doing the same thing.

But the worst team I ever ran into was three undead that never attacked whole fight.
It took forever to kill them all with their stupid undead back to life turn and all

JEC
Pet Score:5503
Realm:Arthas-us

Post by JEC » August 1st, 2014, 10:52 am

Digem wrote:I think I have run into the same team doing the same thing.

But the worst team I ever ran into was three undead that never attacked whole fight.
It took forever to kill them all with their stupid undead back to life turn and all
I used to run into someone running three fossilized hatchlings that I was pretty sure was botting, but it's been some time since I saw them, so maybe they've moved on.

Kendrah
MVP
Pet Score:9579
Realm:Thrall-us

Post by Kendrah » August 2nd, 2014, 7:56 am

I think I hate the opposite. I hate the waiting. I mean, I really hate the wait in general because I'm impatient but I especially hate it when they're clearly winning. I really, really hate this. It almost feels like they're trolling me. I'll be down to one pet alive with five health and the other team will have all pets alive at maxed health. It shouldn't take you 30 seconds to decide what your next move will be. It's not like I'm going to come back from five HP. I might dodge for a round or heal but that'll be easy enough to deal with. You've won. Congrats. Don't be a jerk and prolong things for me. >.>

Skavenged
Pet Score:9590
Realm:Cairne-us

Post by Skavenged » August 2nd, 2014, 8:56 am

Kendrah wrote:I think I hate the opposite. I hate the waiting. I mean, I really hate the wait in general because I'm impatient but I especially hate it when they're clearly winning. I really, really hate this. It almost feels like they're trolling me. I'll be down to one pet alive with five health and the other team will have all pets alive at maxed health. It shouldn't take you 30 seconds to decide what your next move will be. It's not like I'm going to come back from five HP. I might dodge for a round or heal but that'll be easy enough to deal with. You've won. Congrats. Don't be a jerk and prolong things for me. >.>
I agree with that as well. I basically hate anything that involves a player showing bad sportsmanship. Honestly, once the outcome is decided, if it doesn't favor me then I will forfeit. No use in wasting my time or theirs. I DO NOT forfeit when I first see a team though, even if I know I will lose. I fight it out long enough for them to earn any XPs they can get from the fight, in case they are leveling a toon. Its their just reward for building a good team

Ashkir
Pet Score:2986
BattleTag®:Ashkir#1440
Realm:Wyrmrest Accord-us

Post by Ashkir » August 10th, 2014, 3:27 am

I agree. Sore losers kind of suck. If you beat me, I take it in pride and ask about your team and why you choose that team. I'm quite interested in seeing the combinations of pet teams people can come up with. There's always a set that surprises me.

Simmias
Pet Score:4458
Realm:Frostmourne-us

Post by Simmias » August 10th, 2014, 5:22 am

Kendrah wrote: I'll be down to one pet alive with five health and the other team will have all pets alive at maxed health. It shouldn't take you 30 seconds to decide what your next move will be. It's not like I'm going to come back from five HP. I might dodge for a round or heal but that'll be easy enough to deal with. You've won. Congrats. Don't be a jerk and prolong things for me. >.>
Just leave if that happens? Otherwise quit complaining.