rare tcg pets down to 15k

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Simmias
Pet Score:4458
Realm:Frostmourne-us
rare tcg pets down to 15k

Post by Simmias » July 27th, 2014, 8:32 pm

and getting lower and lower :X

Surely it must be a scam, is there some way they can get the pet back? maybe the pet doesn't get learned? I've heard that they use the chinese server tcg cards but idk if that means they are unusable on u.s servers? I'm so tempted to buy them from this level one priest....
Last edited by Simmias on July 27th, 2014, 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kusookoo
Top Rater
Pet Score:2441
BattleTag®:kessaku#1153
Realm:Hellscream-us

Re: rare tcg pets down to 15k

Post by Kusookoo » July 27th, 2014, 10:13 pm

what server are you on?

Mehetabel
Top Rater
Pet Score:13557
Realm:Lightbringer-eu

Post by Mehetabel » July 28th, 2014, 4:45 am

I noticed on my server too (EU side) that TCG prices have dropped drastically this week. I put it down to the fact that we have recently server merged so the AH is more competitive.

I'd also be tempted to buy one at that sort of price.
Come join us in the WarcraftPets In-Game Community (EU)! Request invite here: https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=18420

Digem
MVP
Pet Score:13800
Realm:Fizzcrank-us

Post by Digem » July 28th, 2014, 6:00 am

Yep they really starting to drop on my server too.
Heck, the vicious horrer which either was never on the Ah or 100k plus is now 30k.
Wish blizz would do something about this duping.
The only thing they seem to do is to go after the buyer not the seller.
A guildmate of mine bought one in trade real cheap and blizz took it away so be warned on buying these.
They one seem to go after the buyer not the seller.
Even though the seller is the problem

Mehetabel
Top Rater

Post by Mehetabel » July 28th, 2014, 6:03 am

I don't understand how Blizz can take it away when you've bought it in good faith from THEIR auction house?! I would understand if it was a private trade but if we can't trust stuff on the AH what are we supposed to do?
Come join us in the WarcraftPets In-Game Community (EU)! Request invite here: https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=18420

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » July 28th, 2014, 6:16 am

Mehetabel wrote:I don't understand how Blizz can take it away when you've bought it in good faith from THEIR auction house?!
I have yet to hear any action taken against the buyer if they purchased a "duped pet" from the Auction House.

I could understand why Blizzard would potentially take away a pet from a buyer if they purchased it in private through Trade, as it's easier to look through chat logs and find suspect sellers.

But from the AH? It's probably a lot harder to determine if a sale is a scam or not. So I would think that buyers are relatively safe when buying from the AH, unless Blizzard's changed the way they handle in-game transactions altogether.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Mehetabel
Top Rater

Post by Mehetabel » July 28th, 2014, 7:09 am

I might try it out and test the theory :)

Dakaf
MVP
Pet Score:6003
BattleTag®:Dakaf#1332
Realm:Dawnbringer-us

Post by Dakaf » July 29th, 2014, 12:35 pm

Quintessence wrote:
Mehetabel wrote:I don't understand how Blizz can take it away when you've bought it in good faith from THEIR auction house?!
I have yet to hear any action taken against the buyer if they purchased a "duped pet" from the Auction House.

I could understand why Blizzard would potentially take away a pet from a buyer if they purchased it in private through Trade, as it's easier to look through chat logs and find suspect sellers.

But from the AH? It's probably a lot harder to determine if a sale is a scam or not. So I would think that buyers are relatively safe when buying from the AH, unless Blizzard's changed the way they handle in-game transactions altogether.
I agree, if it came from the AH, it is safe to buy. You have no way of knowing the source, and are therefore just buying a screaming deal. Buy and be happy!
<Kings and Queens> Alliance on Dawnbringer
-pet collecting OCD

JEC
Pet Score:5503
Realm:Arthas-us

Post by JEC » July 30th, 2014, 1:31 pm

Mehetabel wrote: I put it down to the fact that we have recently server merged so the AH is more competitive.
I think this is the most likely reason. Pre-merge, I rarely saw Viscous Horrors on one server, and if there were any, they were 70-100K. Immediately post-merge, there were seven, from 40-70K.

Kel
Pet Score:4788
BattleTag®:TerribleTim#1747
Realm:Ravencrest-us

Post by Kel » July 30th, 2014, 6:22 pm

I don't know. I still have yet to see the TcG pets on my server for a price I could afford. But then again, I just blew all my gold on a Droplet, lol! :lol:
HayWire Motorsports
Tacoma, Washington
http://www.haywire-racing.com

Casca
Top Rater
Pet Score:5184
BattleTag®:Chiba#2767
Realm:Outland-eu

Post by Casca » July 31st, 2014, 3:32 am

Horrors are 12k on my server. I guess until the expansion hits the pet market is not very profitable anymore.