Perky Pug still not leashed ?

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Tekulve2012
Pet Score:4376
BattleTag®:kingsfoiler#1479
Realm:Sisters of Elune-us
Perky Pug still not leashed ?

Post by Tekulve2012 » July 29th, 2014, 3:43 am

At the risk of wearing a heavy noob collar, I want to encourage anyone who has not gone after the Perky pug pet to do it. I did 2 days of MoP heroic 5man Lfr and it was good for the Justice points cap and a bunch of valor and stuff to disenchant. Even with gear in the 490 range as dps people can now blast through and help you get it done. Lfr had a bad rap but the people I met there were all nice. My main has ilevel 540 gear from Timeless isle and I never used it for lfr thinking I would need better gear.... This post is just to suggest that the Pug is easier to acquire than some may think.

PS... Some are surely wondering how I never finished this long ago. I got into pet leveling and collecting straight away and never did dungeons or raids. I leveled pets, leveled toons with pet battle xp , leveled professions and did pet pvp. All very time intensive

Good luck chasing down your pug .. Mine is named Charlie after my daughter's new pug puppy. 8-)

Wakamaru
MVP
Pet Score:12165
BattleTag®:Wakamaru#1375
Realm:Bladefist-us

Re: Perky Pug still not leashed ?

Post by Wakamaru » July 29th, 2014, 3:57 am

Grats! I love that little guy. I named mine Otis, have my Orange Tabby cat named Milo. Loved that movie when I was a kid :P
@TamerWakamaru

Gulnarr
Pet Score:2379
BattleTag®:Gulnarr#1172
Realm:Kirin Tor-us

Post by Gulnarr » July 29th, 2014, 5:24 am

Now's definitely the best time to do it. Once WoD comes out, runs will take longer due to people learning the new dungeons and having ilvl-appropriate gear. Right now, everyone just blasts through dungeons in a few minutes.

Graven
Pet Score:5307
Realm:Terenas-eu

Post by Graven » July 29th, 2014, 10:54 am

Tekulve2012 wrote:Lfr had a bad rap but the people I met there were all nice. My main has ilevel 540 gear from Timeless isle and I never used it for lfr thinking I would need better gear....
A little confusing.. you are talking about LFR, but the perky pug pet comes from dungeon finder (LFD). :)

Also, did you really stay away from heroic dungeon groups because you thought 540 ilvl was too low, or am I misunderstanding that part? ;)

Tekulve2012
Pet Score:4376
BattleTag®:kingsfoiler#1479
Realm:Sisters of Elune-us

Post by Tekulve2012 » July 29th, 2014, 11:09 am

I'm completely new to all dungeons, raids , all of it ...so my terminology is off, you're correct- it was obtained using dungeon finder -heroic MoP. Regardless, my message (to anyone it applies to) is to go for a Pug now if they may have hesitated before- possibly thinking the content would be too tough

I got to ilvl 540 doing pve only then Timesink isle and celestials...its not so much being concerned my ilvl was too low and more so that my entire focus was on leveling toons, pets and profs (and flipping pets between realms for gold)