Share pet collecting news and advice.
Lycaon
Top Rater
Pet Score:2785
BattleTag®:Lycaon#1832
Realm:Blackhand-us
EST Duping?

Post by Lycaon » July 28th, 2014, 6:52 pm

There was a guy on my server offering an EST for 30k, and while in the back of my mind I suspect it's duped (he had multiple ones for sale) I traded for one anyhow.

On the other hand, it's possible he's been buying them off of eBay and then trading them for gold in anticipation of the expansion. Anyone want to chime in with their opinion?

I guess in the end, if I lose the EST, I'll chalk it up to being gullible... But I really am curious. They can't be THAT common, can they?

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Re: EST Duping?

Post by Peanutty » July 28th, 2014, 7:45 pm

http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=10762 (along with the additional threads I linked from there) plus http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/13347124807?page=6 from the official forums should answer some of your questions.

But long story short, it's up to each collector to decide if they want to buy them or not.

Ranok
MVP
Pet Score:13632
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Ranok » July 28th, 2014, 8:31 pm

It's pretty obvious that someone has figured out a way to illicitly get hold of TCG pets. Considering the EBay prices on the rare ones, really doubtful that anybody is going to shell out hundreds of dollars in Real Money to make 50K (and lately lot less) in WoW gold.

Blizz must be aware of what's going on but aren't commenting on it, possibly to not give anyone else a hint as to how it's done. Personally I've been enjoying the opportunity to get hold of a few pets that are insanely priced if you buy from Ebay. Always possibility that Blizz might delete them at some time in the future but doubting that would happen; it's not like I've in any way violated their ToC.

Digem
MVP
Pet Score:13800
Realm:Fizzcrank-us

Post by Digem » July 29th, 2014, 6:49 am

Ranok wrote:It's pretty obvious that someone has figured out a way to illicitly get hold of TCG pets. Considering the EBay prices on the rare ones, really doubtful that anybody is going to shell out hundreds of dollars in Real Money to make 50K (and lately lot less) in WoW gold.

Blizz must be aware of what's going on but aren't commenting on it, possibly to not give anyone else a hint as to how it's done. Personally I've been enjoying the opportunity to get hold of a few pets that are insanely priced if you buy from Ebay. Always possibility that Blizz might delete them at some time in the future but doubting that would happen; it's not like I've in any way violated their ToC.

I would have a few recommendations for buying suspect pets.
First buy it off the ah blizz will take it away a lot less likely.
Secondly don't use all of your hard earn money on it if you have the gold to burn then do so.
You might have done nothing wrong but blizz can and will say you should of known better a few guild mates had pets bought in trade taken away and gold not returned but that same seller still in trade chat.
So be warned buyer beware

Mehetabel
Top Rater
Pet Score:13557
Realm:Lightbringer-eu

Post by Mehetabel » July 29th, 2014, 9:18 am

I think I'd be willing to take the risk buying off the AH but never from someone advertising in trade, that's just not worth the risk.
Come join us in the WarcraftPets In-Game Community (EU)! Request invite here: https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=18420