Share pet collecting news and advice.
Lycaon
Top Rater
Pet Score:2785
BattleTag®:Lycaon#1832
Realm:Blackhand-us
ZG run for Lashtail Hatchling

Post by Lycaon » July 26th, 2014, 2:26 am

I'm not sure how I missed out on it in Cataclysm, but I never got my Lashtail Hatchling from ZG. It requires a pre-questline, which I've done, and unfortunately, Bloodlord Mandokir is not soloable. Nobody on my server is interested in doing ZG, so I'm posting here to see if anyone else wants to get together to go get it.

It's not a drop, it's a quest reward, so everyone who has completed the pre-quests will get their own hatchling. I'm not 100% sure how instances work with battletag friends, for some reason I seem to remember reading that if you invite a battletag friend to your group, you can do instances together... If this is the case, awesome. If not, I guess I'd be restricted to people in Blackhand's CRZ group.

I'm dps, but not afraid to swap to resto to heal if needed. If anyone's interested, leave a reply and we'll see about getting something going. I don't recall if we can do a straight run to Mandokir or not, but if not, I'm willing to run the entire instance. Can probably be done with just a tank and me as healer, or possibly a hunter with a tank pet. Or a warlock. No clue :)

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Re: ZG run for Lashtail Hatchling

Post by Peanutty » July 26th, 2014, 2:48 am

FYI Mandokir's been nerfed to allow for soloing. As long as you're the only target he doesn't use decapitate, so just make sure you don't have any sort of pet or anything out that might show up on an aggro table, and you should be fine.

Lycaon
Top Rater
Pet Score:2785
BattleTag®:Lycaon#1832
Realm:Blackhand-us

Post by Lycaon » July 26th, 2014, 1:07 pm

Ah, hadn't heard :) Guess I'll give it a go this evening, but the offer's still up. I killed the first mob in the instance last night as a test, and it was a little rough ;p

Luciandk
Pet Score:3576
Realm:Argent Dawn-eu

Post by Luciandk » July 26th, 2014, 7:13 pm

Mandokir is absolutely soloable, and so is the rest of ZG.

Kendrah
MVP
Pet Score:9579
Realm:Thrall-us

Post by Kendrah » July 27th, 2014, 5:51 am

ZG isn't so bad. There's no quest to get her once you're in ZG -- you just have to do the quest line first then you'll see her as a '!' tied up against the wall after you defeat Mandokir. He's solo-able, as long as you remember not to use any pets of any kind. Having a pet out will trigger the chance to get the insta death spell cast on you and then you'll have to start over. :lol:

I just got her myself. I forgot about her too. Her and Hopling -- that one was very easy to solo as well.

Tekulve2012
Pet Score:4376
BattleTag®:kingsfoiler#1479
Realm:Sisters of Elune-us

Post by Tekulve2012 » July 27th, 2014, 7:32 pm

My horde toon is ready to go get that pet and I was looking for others to run it

My toon is a druid healer I level 540ish
I have ally toons at 90 but havent done the leadup quests

Kingsfoiler#1479
I go by Tekulve here... Thx