Looking for the best darkness team comp (pvp)

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Karmagheden
Pet Score:5571
Realm:Shadowmoon-us
Looking for the best darkness team comp (pvp)

Post by Karmagheden » July 22nd, 2014, 11:36 am

I'm looking for the best comp for this type of team, for pvp purposes.

I have some questions for those who are more experienced with pet battling.

I'm unsure of which comp/breeds are better. Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Soul of the Aspects, Crow (P/S or S/S?), Ghostly Skull (H/H or H/P?)

Scourged Whelpling (H/H or H/P?), Spectral Tiger Cub, Crow (P/S or S/S?)

Aren't Crows just as good as a Gilnean Ravens?

Is Brilliant Kalari, Dread Hatchling or Pandaren Monk a better substitute for any of those?

Should I go double darkness pet to combat weather changers? maybe double undead for fighting conflag teams?

Last question which is semi-related, but regards a conflag team.

Lil' Ragnaros, Silver Dragonhawk(S/S, S/B, or B/B?), Searing Scorchling

Is this sort of comp better to run? More power and less counters and such?
Last edited by Karmagheden on July 23rd, 2014, 12:14 pm, edited 13 times in total.

Tekulve2012
Pet Score:4376
BattleTag®:kingsfoiler#1479
Realm:Sisters of Elune-us

Re: Trying to put together a Darkness team (lf best comp)

Post by Tekulve2012 » July 22nd, 2014, 1:04 pm

I'll answer the 2nd part of your post first.

Lil Rags is a powerful 'utility/trap' pet. People who use it like to lay a trap and then 'wave' it to set it off. You see others use it for the sons of the flame damage+avoidance in pet pvp

IMHO , lil rags doesn't necessitate synergy (scorched earth/weather) .. just use other solid pets with it and remember he's slow.
=====================

As far as a Darkness team goes, there are team types I see. The scourged whelp is tanky and useful when opponents do multi attacks which is pretty common in pet pvp now. The Gilnean Raven is great since there are a fair few aqua pets in pvp now and the flying type counters what could beat up on your lil rags ..so technically a Lil Rags / Raven + pick your 3rd could work.

The big drawback you might need to start with rags first so that Darkness doesnt nerf lil Rags atk %.
btw .. The Dread Hatch is a big hitter and can consume corpse if I remember correctly. Its just that his health is low so get the win in quickly.

Good luck experimenting
Tekulve

Kpb321
Pet Score:3974
BattleTag®:kpb#1554

Post by Kpb321 » July 22nd, 2014, 4:26 pm

Lil Rag is an elemental and won't be blinded by the darkness.

As far as Crow vs Raven I don't think it matters at all for this conversation as you'd be using the same abilities with both and the stats would be the same for the same breed. As far as P/S vs S/S I think it boils down to who you want to be faster than. A P/S raven with the flying racial should be faster than anything other than another flying pet with the racial up and will probably still be faster than a good portion of pets after loosing the flying racial at 289 speed and will hit harder. A S/S raven will have 325 speed and will be faster than almost everything with the flying racial up and faster than more things once it's down.

Tekulve2012

Post by Tekulve2012 » July 22nd, 2014, 6:21 pm

Right .. I forgot weather doesn't affect Rags ... Its been a long while since I used him in PvP, I rolled with it after I bought it long ago but went with other pets afterwards.

Karmagheden

Re: Looking for the best darkness team comp (pvp)

Post by Karmagheden » July 23rd, 2014, 11:59 pm

Thank you Tekulve2012 and Kpb321 for your replies. :)

Sellys
Pet Score:9122
Realm:Turalyon-us

Post by Sellys » July 25th, 2014, 3:52 pm

I think I prefer the second darkness team to the first. If you're going to base your team around weather, you should probably have two sources of the weather. A smart player is going to recognize what you're trying to do and with a 5 round cd on darkness you could end up without the buff long enough for your crow to go splat.

I prefer the s/s crow, but it depends on what you're going to face. It seems these days that there aren't a lot of 289 to 325 speed pets that I face, so the 289 speed crow is going to be faster that than most of your opponent's pets and if it's not faster, than it's probably going against an S/S DAH which is faster than the S/S crow anyway.

P.S. I love my conflag team with a P/P Toenibbler, S/S Silver Dragonhawk, and searing scorchling.

Karmagheden

Post by Karmagheden » August 3rd, 2014, 12:13 pm

Bump

Still looking to hear more feedback.

Sellys, I have a crow s/s, but currently trying to find a p/s because I think the extra damage on top of the racial will be best. Also, I am gonna to try that conflag comp that you mentioned. Thanks!

Tekulve2012

Post by Tekulve2012 » August 3rd, 2014, 6:40 pm

The question of p/s crow breed vs s/s is an interesting one.

When I pet pvp, I come up against a ton of fliers.. If you had an s/s breed raven as a sweeper on your team, you have a valuable advantage of out-speeding most pets even if you took heavy AoE damage (popular now!,)

I find the s/s breed hits plenty hard if you use alpha strike...my 2 cent opinion

PS - I used an s/s crow as a 3rd with a J.dancer/imp.eagle chick (cyclone theme) team and liked the weather control/speed it offers..good for PvP wins since I also see a few aqua pets in PvP (undead counters I'm sure ~ frogs and crabs)

Karmagheden

Post by Karmagheden » August 22nd, 2014, 9:40 pm

Tekulve2012, Thanks for the reply. I went and got myself a P/S crow. Working great with H/H Scourged Whelpling and Spectral Tiger Cub. I sometimes switch up the comp using Feline Familiar, Dread Hatchling, Soul of the Aspects, Ghostly Skull(H/P, though I have used H/H) or Pandaren Monk.