Tamer XP fixed

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Poofah
Pet Score:4206
Realm:Llane-us
Tamer XP fixed

Post by Poofah » December 1st, 2012, 3:12 pm

And how! Aki just gave me 5225 xp (lvl 11, finished the fight alone).

Misstic
MVP
Pet Score:6356
Realm:Illidan-us

Re: Tamer XP fixed

Post by Misstic » December 1st, 2012, 3:30 pm

WOOOT YES YES YES you are right!!!! I just got 4500 exp from Nisha without the hat on, its still on a diff toon atm.. I LOVE THIS!!!!! OMG so happy!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D

I know a lot of you thought dead pets should soak up exp, yadda yadda, but NO way this is how it should be done, there is over 500 pets and you should be able to level every single one up to 25 without it taking 3 years. I am SO happy right now! OMG what a great day!

Wish
Pet Score:3194
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Wish » December 1st, 2012, 4:38 pm

Checked to see if it was fixed by fighting Antari, had 2 pets alive at the end. The non-25 got 1500 xp so yay! And then I got a flawless magic stone from his bag, happy day.

Polynices
Pet Score:4688
Realm:Cenarius-us

Post by Polynices » December 2nd, 2012, 12:56 am

Wonderful.

Now they just need to fix all the missing/broken pet attack animations. =)

Albain
Realm:Wyrmrest Accord-us

Post by Albain » December 2nd, 2012, 11:08 pm

How precisely do you use tamer battles to level a pet? I'm just getting into the northrend battles now, though I have three 25s, a razzashi, a nether ray and an emperor crab. It's probably obvious to some but I've not ... figured it out. Deliberately trying to kill a pet, and hope that my last one survives, has proven difficult. D:

Poofah
Pet Score:4206
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Poofah » December 3rd, 2012, 3:36 am

Either fight with 2 high lvls and a lowbie, and let the high lvls die while letting the lowbie get the killing blow,

or

fight with 2 high lvls (including something with Explode), make sure the lowbie gets one turn in the fight, and end the battle with explode so that the lowbie is the only pet left standing.

Explode is found on Darkmoon Zeppelin (my favorite--very good against beasts, which a lot of pandaria trainers have), Pet Bombling, Minfernal, Mechanical Pandaren Dragonling.