Which Ruby Droplet?

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Melmo
MVP
Pet Score:11106
BattleTag®:Melmo#1842
Realm:Whisperwind-us
Which Ruby Droplet?

Post by Melmo » July 21st, 2014, 8:56 am

Hey fellow battlers, there was a thread started a long time ago that was discussing the best ruby droplet breed. There was lots of trials from several folks... I have an H/H and maybe I just don't use her correctly but she just seems average to me. Some people preferred the H/S over the H/P and vice versa. Is there anyone who has battled with these breeds extensively and has hands down OP triumphant victories with one breed over the others?

Luciandk
Pet Score:3576
Realm:Argent Dawn-eu

Re: Which Ruby Droplet?

Post by Luciandk » July 21st, 2014, 9:19 am

Imho, the most useful abilities of Ruby Droplet is: Absorb, Bubble and Blood Drain. Only Absorb scales with power, and a very miniscule amount. So not really useful for it.

Some people advocate the H/S breed due to sometimes being able to bubble before a big hit comes. But imo the problem with that is that bubble have a meaty 8 round cd and you wont be able to use it as a reliable counter.

I believe H/H is the way to go. As it gives you a higher max health. And when you combine it with Sunlight weather, its tanking ability simply goes through the roof! At this point, a sunlight buffed Blood Drain restores nearly 1000hp per cast. Easilly allowing you to fill up to your sunlight empowered max health. A true health tank, while steadilly eroding the opponent with Absorb and Blood Drain.

Melmo
MVP
Pet Score:11106
BattleTag®:Melmo#1842
Realm:Whisperwind-us

Post by Melmo » July 21st, 2014, 9:49 am

Thank you for the informative response! I definitely wasn't using her right, LOL. I will keep my H/H then :)

Luciandk
Pet Score:3576
Realm:Argent Dawn-eu

Post by Luciandk » July 21st, 2014, 10:21 am

A curious mention about [ability]Blood Drain[/ability]. Due to it dealing %damage, it ignores damage reductions.

And the more max health the enemy have, the more damage it deals. Making Sunlight an absolutely potent addition to a Ruby Droplet.