Grizzle (Major Payne)

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Hermy
Top Rater
Pet Score:10379
BattleTag®:Hermy#1783
Realm:Aman'Thul-us
Grizzle (Major Payne)

Post by Hermy » July 16th, 2014, 9:53 am

Has anyone else noticed that this guy seems to be off?

His tooltip for Rampage says it will hit for 375 damage. Now, for me, at least 2 out of 3 will hit for around 480 (not critical, just normal, on a Mechanical). Isn't that a little out of the range that it should be?

(Edited because I snuck an extra 's' in there!)
Last edited by Hermy on July 16th, 2014, 3:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Cahlyn
Top Rater
Pet Score:11246
BattleTag®:Cahlyn#2230
Realm:Nordrassil-eu

Re: Grizzle (Major Payne)

Post by Cahlyn » July 16th, 2014, 10:08 am

I just did this fight to check, and yes, my mechanical got hit for a crit of 547, and then 2 normal hits of 489 and 469.
Then I did it a second time and it hit for 360, then he was below 50% hp, and the damage went back up to 460+.
Beasts, ofc, deal extra damage (+25%) below 50% hp.

Ravnhawk
MVP
Pet Score:6534
BattleTag®:ravnhawk#1272
Realm:Zul'jin-us

Post by Ravnhawk » July 16th, 2014, 12:12 pm

I use an Infinite Whelping P/P on this guy. If he stuns the 1st round I white flag it and try again. I heal after the second hit, he usually takes out the tonk as well. I use tail sweep, healing flame and early advantage. I save early advantage for the tonk as I usually have the dragonkin racial up. That combined with early advantage takes the tonk out as well. I usually lose my whelpling but either the tonk has died and comes back to life or the tonk has very little health left.

I use the Infinite Whelpling 1st as well on Jeremy Feazel the DM faire pet trainer. Same abilities and takes care of the 1st 2 pets.

Hermy
Top Rater

Post by Hermy » July 16th, 2014, 12:25 pm

The weird thing is, he hits for those numbers when he's above 50% - I wonder if he's back to front somehow.

Ravnhawk
MVP
Pet Score:6534
BattleTag®:ravnhawk#1272
Realm:Zul'jin-us

Post by Ravnhawk » July 16th, 2014, 12:28 pm

Thats the 1 pet trainer with pets that cheat LOL - Grizzle just sucks and hits harder them almost all of the other trainer pets.

Opteron
MVP
Pet Score:12968
BattleTag®:Opteron#1953
Realm:Lightninghoof-us

Post by Opteron » July 16th, 2014, 12:32 pm

My strat: I use Lil'Bling as it can solo almost up to the mech pet!
Extra plating first, rain and then smack till dead.
2nd pet is always a carry one and finish with any diving snail.
Hope this helps :)

Khorah
Pet Score:11506
BattleTag®:Khorah#1833
Realm:Medivh-us

Post by Khorah » July 16th, 2014, 2:12 pm

Ravnhawk wrote:Thats the 1 pet trainer with pets that cheat LOL - Grizzle just sucks .
This ^^

I also use [pet]Lil Bling[/pet], and do the same as [profile]Opteron[/profile].. Team him up with [pet]Jademist Dancer[/pet] with 1, 2, 1.. After [pet]Lil Bling[/pet] drops, slip in leveling pet, hop back out, and bring in [pet]Jademist Dancer[/pet].. "Usually" [pet]Lil Bling[/pet] can take down both Grizzle and the peep and do some damage to the flower.. If not, he usually does enough damage that the [pet]Jademist Dancer[/pet] can finish off the peep, do a quick switch to leveling pet, then back to [pet]Jademist Dancer[/pet]..

Kpb321
Pet Score:3974
BattleTag®:kpb#1554
Realm:Sisters of Elune-us

Post by Kpb321 » July 16th, 2014, 2:42 pm

I use a Corefire imp and a cogblade raptor. Start with the imp and do Immolation/heal to eat the two hits. Swap to the raptor and expose wounds then batter. Your raptor should take 1 hit from Grizzle. Then use Expose Wounds and batter on the second pet and you should finish him. Get Expose wounds and screech up on the third pet and then usually die at that point. Swap in carry pet then bring the imp back in. Immolation again and then just rush him to death. If you happen to be leveling a pet with stampede/swarm or the like and they aren't really low level then Expose wounds + Stampede will usually kill the third pet quickly and you don't even need to swap back to the raptor.

Hermy
Top Rater

Post by Hermy » July 16th, 2014, 3:48 pm

Oh, I have no issue beating him, I was just curious if his numbers were off for anyone else. :)

Jerebear
Pet Score:13370
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Jerebear » July 16th, 2014, 8:21 pm

The interesting thing about rampage is if you let him hit you with it once and then use an interrupting ability the next round he can no longer rampage. It makes him heal more often, but I am able to kill him fairly quickly with a hopling using just the poison and tongue lash (neither of which does +damage to beasts). Sometimes I end up killing him and still having near full health.
Carry Pet Experience Reference Guide:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8829