Battlenet account question

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Kaerstyn
Pet Score:3614
Realm:Steamwheedle Cartel-us
Battlenet account question

Post by Kaerstyn » July 12th, 2014, 8:14 am

I was not sure where to put this so I put it here.....

I have been playing and collecting on US servers since release and have collected and leveled man many battle pets. My daughter is now playing on EU severs and wants me to play with her.

If I add an EU game to my battlenet account, while my pets and mounts be there?

Digem
MVP
Pet Score:13800
Realm:Fizzcrank-us

Re: Battlenet account question

Post by Digem » July 12th, 2014, 8:47 am

Are you wanting to merge with her account?
Or just start a new toon on a EU account?

If wanting to merge, if blizz lets you can be a hassle but since your daughter might be a lot easier.
All pets will then be available to both you and your daughter since accounts merged and why blizz makes this hard to do at times.
Someone could be selling an account to another with lots of nice perks on it like pets, mounts, titles etc...

If just wanting to start a new toon or transfer any existing toons to an EU realm.
Just have to pay the transfer fee or start a new toon for free.
All pets, mounts, titles will go with it.
But, daughter won't get them but can play together on this new realm.

Hope this helps

Kendrah
MVP
Pet Score:9579
Realm:Thrall-us

Post by Kendrah » July 12th, 2014, 9:32 am

Kaerstyn wrote:If I add an EU game to my battlenet account, while my pets and mounts be there?
I heard that you can't combine anything from here with the EU version so you'd have to buy the EU version of the game (even though you already have the US version) and that there's no way to transfer an US account to an EU account.

I work nights so I play in the wee hours of the morning on my nights off. I thought I'd like to transfer to an EU server but this was the answer I was given when I asked around. You'd basically have to start from the ground up is what I was told when I asked around.

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13928
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » July 12th, 2014, 3:07 pm

Digem wrote:Are you wanting to merge with her account?
Won't merging an account with another mean that they won't be able to Pet Battle together at the same time (due to sharing the same collection)? If so, it's something to keep in mind. If not, then disregard this, sorry!
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Kaerstyn
Pet Score:3614
Realm:Steamwheedle Cartel-us

Post by Kaerstyn » July 13th, 2014, 5:33 am

Thank you for all your replies.

Not a merge... daughter has her own account.

My account is mine only and has always been US-side. We moved to Denmark and my daughter is now grown and playing EU-side.

I was asking wondering is account-bound items (such as pets and mounts) would be available to me when I open an EU-side account on my battle net account. Im seeing that the answer is no, that I will begin again.

Im guessing that this would also apply to any Blizzard-store purchases.

Oh well....so sad

Pettea
Pet Score:2181
Realm:Ahn'Qiraj-eu

Post by Pettea » July 13th, 2014, 6:42 am

You should contact support for this, during weekdays livechat should be available for your issue and you'll have your answer in seconds. Simply go to your battle-net account and go to the support section.

Gwenolyn
MVP
Pet Score:5462
BattleTag®:Gwenolyn#1245
Realm:Aerie Peak-us

Post by Gwenolyn » July 13th, 2014, 3:06 pm

You cannot add an EU account to your US battle.net. You would have to start a new battle.net EU account to my understanding from friends that have both.

@Quintessence: My sister-in-law and brother have their accounts all merged on one battle.net. They cannot use the same pet at the same time, but both have access - not that my brother would battle anyway ; )

Opteron
MVP
Pet Score:12968
BattleTag®:Opteron#1953
Realm:Lightninghoof-us

Post by Opteron » July 13th, 2014, 6:56 pm

No, it is really possible to add both US and EU under the same battle net account.
I did this not to long ago.
Just go to eu.battle.net , login with your credentials and add a new wow account!
Problem is that nothing is shared, so you will have to start EU from scratch :(
Regards, Opteron

Digem
MVP
Pet Score:13800
Realm:Fizzcrank-us

Post by Digem » July 14th, 2014, 5:54 am

So it seems if you want to go to an EU account you must start from scratch.
But , with cross realms can one of them invite the other to a group and play together that way ?
I also know next expansion you can cross realm raid and such.
Again this I am not sure of, will /can EU servers and US servers be able to do this together?

Seems to me if you can play together like this better than starting over and losing everything.