Darkmoon Rabbit

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Amhaa
Pet Score:2947
Realm:Sisters of Elune-us
Darkmoon Rabbit

Post by Amhaa » July 6th, 2014, 11:55 am

So with the [pet]Darkmoon Rabbit[/pet], can I group up with other realms when he is up on that one? For example: I am on Proudmore can my toon group with someone from Stormrage and fight him?

If so and you are feeling generous my battletag is: Amhaa#1620 I would really love a shot at him a few times this week!

Thanks!!

Slugggo
Top Rater
Pet Score:13767
Realm:Moonrunner-us

Re: Darkmoon Rabbit

Post by Slugggo » July 6th, 2014, 1:24 pm

There is already a fair amount of CRZ happening on Darkmoon Island. I was there last night to do the DMF tamer before the overnight reset and it seemed like people from 15 different servers were there asking if the rabbit was up (supposedly a Horde group had already killed it).

So I'm assuming the answer is yes, if you've got a friend on another server who's about to fight the DMR, he should be able to invite you cross-realm and you can get a shot at it.

Bwana
MVP
Pet Score:4250
Realm:Skywall-us

Post by Bwana » July 8th, 2014, 12:22 am

You absolutely can join someone on another realm and kill the rabbit there. At the very beginning of the faire when all realms have the rabbit up, I have gotten as many as 7 kills within the hour. When the daylight savings glitch happened (and the faire didn't close when it was supposed to), All realms had the rabbit up at the same time again and I got several kills.

I use an addon called oQueue which allows players group up across realms for any type of activity. You can simply search for premades with the string "moon" or "rabbit" and join them as soon as they appear. Conversely when the rabbit appears on my realm, I will create a premade and select a good group from the many players wishing to join.

Ironically, after 50 or so kills, I never won a roll for the elusive pet. However, the last time I did it I invited a friend from my guild who did win the S/S breed of it and graciously sold it to me for a very reasonable price.

Good luck on your hunting!

P.S. This is also a good solution for Moon Moon

Ranok
MVP
Pet Score:13640
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Ranok » July 12th, 2014, 8:03 pm

A few things to watch out for with inviting across unlinked realms. If you invite someone who's a higher level, you may go to their realm instead of them coming to yours. Same problem if you invite two ppl from another realm, seems like majority rules and you go to theirs. Watch out for cities, you may hafta meet up outside Stormwind for example cause you can't see each other if you're inside city but from different servers.

Kynthea
Pet Score:3174
Realm:Alleria-us

Post by Kynthea » July 22nd, 2014, 5:15 pm

Thanks for the info on this. I have only seen the Darkmoon Rabbit up twice. Once I fought it and no pet dropped. Then I saw it 2 minutes before Darkmoon Faire ended. I'll have to see if any of my realID or Battlenet friends are on servers where the rabbit is up and see if they can invite me over. I tend to have horrible luck with RNG though. I need to figure out how to get enough gold to buy one sometime.

Dragonwizard
Top Rater
Pet Score:6685
BattleTag®:Dragonwizard#1388
Realm:Hellscream-us

Post by Dragonwizard » July 23rd, 2014, 5:19 am

Kynthea wrote:Thanks for the info on this. I have only seen the Darkmoon Rabbit up twice. Once I fought it and no pet dropped. Then I saw it 2 minutes before Darkmoon Faire ended. I'll have to see if any of my realID or Battlenet friends are on servers where the rabbit is up and see if they can invite me over. I tend to have horrible luck with RNG though. I need to figure out how to get enough gold to buy one sometime.
That's odd that it didn't drop for you as it's 100% drop chance, but only one drops for the whole raid and gets rolled on by everyone in the raid. I would have to guess that one of two things happened.

One - you where either not in the raid group that had tagged the bunny (this mob is NOT like the Timeless Isle mobs and has to be tagged by someone in your group) or

Two - your raid leader had it on Master Looter and took the pet for him/herself
"Even when you are winning soundly, you must always give your opponent a way to retreat with honor. If you don't, then he has no reason to surrender. He will fight until the bitter end, and you will pay a larger price for victory."

Kynthea
Pet Score:3174
Realm:Alleria-us

Post by Kynthea » July 23rd, 2014, 6:54 am

I believe it was the latter because I did not get the option to roll on it even though I was in the raid that hit it first. They really need to make the rabbit be like the ones on Timeless Isle.

Digem
MVP
Pet Score:13800
Realm:Fizzcrank-us

Post by Digem » July 25th, 2014, 6:30 am

That pet indeed is 100% drop rate.
If the raid group one is in has the tag then the raid leader pulled a fast one and took it for himself/herself.
Unfortunately lots of people like that in this game since blizz does nothing to them.
Never be in a raid group for that pet set to master looter.
Would be nice if the timeless isle loot and tag doesn't matter style was added to the darkmoon rabbit.
Gee, they have it for den mother that drops moon moon so why not the rabbit?