Getting battlestones to drop

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Imthedci
Pet Score:2862
Realm:Gilneas-us
Getting battlestones to drop

Post by Imthedci » November 30th, 2012, 3:17 pm

Can I just run around Stormwind killing Squirrels with my Lv. 25's or do I have to use a pet that can gain XP from the battle to have a chance for the stones to drop?

Malanade
Top Rater
Pet Score:7203
BattleTag®:Malanade#1295
Realm:Moon Guard-us

Re: Getting battlestones to drop

Post by Malanade » November 30th, 2012, 4:05 pm

I've been doing that for about 30 minutes and in 50 battles I didn't see one stone drop, so unless I'm just really unlucky... ._.

Hyacinthe
Pet Score:1841
Realm:Blade's Edge-us

Post by Hyacinthe » November 30th, 2012, 4:12 pm

The Perks n Peeves blog says that the higher the level of the pet you're battling, the higher the drop chance is. (4th paragraph)

Florencia

Post by Florencia » November 30th, 2012, 9:09 pm

Hyacinthe wrote:The Perks n Peeves blog says that the higher the level of the pet you're battling, the higher the drop chance is. (4th paragraph)
been doing pet battles against lvl 23-25s in pandaria for 3 days(2-6 hours per day), 0 stone drops.

Kinski
Pet Score:2342
Realm:Skullcrusher-eu

Post by Kinski » November 30th, 2012, 10:37 pm

i spent the last two days with my pets and the only one i got was in the very first battle after the patch, from aki, it was in the pet supply sac.

i killed the old world tamers with pets 1-2 levels below, and tried to battle wild pets with lower pets too whenever possible but i had no success at all to get a stone to drop.

at least the new pets are awesome, and i really hope the XP fuckup get fixed soon.

Florencia

Post by Florencia » November 30th, 2012, 11:03 pm

Kinski wrote:i spent the last two days with my pets and the only one i got was in the very first battle after the patch, from aki, it was in the pet supply sac.

i killed the old world tamers with pets 1-2 levels below, and tried to battle wild pets with lower pets too whenever possible but i had no success at all to get a stone to drop.

at least the new pets are awesome, and i really hope the XP fuckup get fixed soon.
Lol finally got someone on the same page here..but at least you have 1 stone already....which pet you're about to upgrade?

Misstic
MVP
Pet Score:6356
Realm:Illidan-us

Post by Misstic » December 1st, 2012, 12:01 am

I saved up 111 pet supply bags until after the patch and then I opened them all. For me the drop rate was about 10% from the tamer quest bags. I got 12 stones in all listed below:

2 x Critter Stone
1 x Aquatic Stone
2 x Magic Stone
1 x Human Stone
3 x Dragon Stone
2 x Elemental Stone
1 x Beast Stone

I dont know if the Flying, Undead and Mech Stones are harder to come by or just random, but that is what I got.

Wynn
Pet Score:5568
Realm:Runetotem-us

Post by Wynn » December 1st, 2012, 1:24 am

Misstic wrote:I saved up 111 pet supply bags until after the patch and then I opened them all. For me the drop rate was about 10% from the tamer quest bags. I got 12 stones in all listed below:

2 x Critter Stone
1 x Aquatic Stone
2 x Magic Stone
1 x Human Stone
3 x Dragon Stone
2 x Elemental Stone
1 x Beast Stone

I dont know if the Flying, Undead and Mech Stones are harder to come by or just random, but that is what I got.
You did so much better then me I had about 50 bags save and only got 4 stones.
Healer that loves Cheesecake, Taiboku - Nall - Ronfa

Misstic
MVP

Post by Misstic » December 1st, 2012, 1:54 am

Wynn wrote:
Misstic wrote:I saved up 111 pet supply bags until after the patch and then I opened them all. For me the drop rate was about 10% from the tamer quest bags. I got 12 stones in all listed below:

2 x Critter Stone
1 x Aquatic Stone
2 x Magic Stone
1 x Human Stone
3 x Dragon Stone
2 x Elemental Stone
1 x Beast Stone

You did so much better then me I had about 50 bags save and only got 4 stones.
Its still almost 10% for you. A little more for me but not tons. What stones did you get? The dragon stones are worthless to me since I got all 3 Jade Forrst Dragons in Blues already, what a grind that was!

Misstic
MVP

Post by Misstic » December 1st, 2012, 1:56 am

Eroguro wrote:I've gotten one each day through dailies so far, 1 humanoid, 1 aquatic, & 1 dragonkin. Yesterday I got a critter stone to drop off of a rare I captured in Uldum. I'd say it's been going pretty good.

How many bags are you opening each day to get one each day?

Wynn
Pet Score:5568
Realm:Runetotem-us

Post by Wynn » December 1st, 2012, 4:57 am

It was Beast, Fly, Dragon one was double want to say the flier one.
Healer that loves Cheesecake, Taiboku - Nall - Ronfa

Kinski
Pet Score:2342
Realm:Skullcrusher-eu

Post by Kinski » December 1st, 2012, 6:22 am

Florencia wrote: Lol finally got someone on the same page here..but at least you have 1 stone already....which pet you're about to upgrade?
it was an aquatic stone and out of all species, aquatic stones are the ones i need the least.

so i pimped my tiny goldfish. :)

update:

after killing like 15 arcane eyes with pets 1-2 lowers level i finally got one stone to drop.

flawless battle-stone. they are non class specific and not soulbound, so you can trade or sell them. they don't have a vendor sellprice, not that anyone would vendor them anyways. :)

i picked the most obvious choice and upgraded the minfernal. felwood, you won't see me again! :)

Post by Guest » December 3rd, 2012, 11:23 am

So can I kill the critter or do I need to capture it for the battle-stone to drop? Only one I've gotten out in the wild thus far was when I captured the baby dragon outside CoT.

Zaelo
Pet Score:5086
Realm:Vek'nilash-us

Post by Zaelo » December 3rd, 2012, 12:04 pm

You just need to win a battle to have a chance to get one to drop. Doesn't matter if you capture or not, as long as you win. Doesn't matter what level of pets you're using, but the highest level pets you're fighting, the better your chances. Pet supplies bags also grant you chances to get some, and the drop chance is certainly better.

I hadn't stacked on pet supplies bags before 5.1 hit, but since it did hit, I was able to randomly get:
  • 3 Flawless Battle Stones (no family specification)
  • 1 Aquatic battle stone
  • 1 ? battle stone (can't remember what other family stone I got)
That was through doing all the dailies that provide pet supplies bags or pandaren pet supplies bags for 3 days, and levelling 5-6 pets from low levels to 25. So yeah.. I did a lot of pet battling this week-end to get these 5 stones :lol:

2 of my 3 flawless battle stones have disapeared from my bags not long after I gotten them. The first one was refunded to me by a GM yesterday, after waiting 2 days to get my ticket answers. The 2nd one disapeared not long after and I opened up a new ticket, so hopefully I'll get it back in the next couple of days.

If you already know what you'll spend yours on, I suggest you use them as soon as you get them, before they disapear on you too!!