BETA pet profiles

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Mykro9
MVP
Pet Score:4355
BattleTag®:mykro9#1585
Realm:Darrowmere-us
BETA pet profiles

Post by Mykro9 » July 6th, 2014, 6:46 am

I know it is beta and things can change, but is it possible to get profiles created for the new pets, even if there are no accurate numbers?

The front page has a pick of the Moonshell crab journal entry, and I can guess from the greyed icons which moves it might have, but it would be nice to have a profile with a definite moves list, especially since this is the only one with a move set list.

It just seems it would be fun to theorycraft on how the new pets could be used in PvE and PvP.
mykro9#1585

Dakender
MVP
Pet Score:9654
BattleTag®:Dakender#1566
Realm:Madoran-us

Re: BETA pet profiles

Post by Dakender » July 6th, 2014, 10:38 am

All the new pets are on wowhead. As an example:

[url=http://wod.wowhead.com/npc=82045#petabilities]Moonshell Crab[/url]

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13928
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Re: BETA pet profiles

Post by Quintessence » July 6th, 2014, 5:13 pm

It's a good idea on paper, but it would be a headache to implement. We already run into issues with importing pets from the armory, and that's live data.

As Dakender pointed out, Databases like Wowhead and MMO-Champion have a good handle on keeping the data from the beta updated, though. They list ALL datamined pets (regardless if you can collect them or not) and their abilities (if available).

Plus unlike WarcraftPets, which specializes in helping players keep track of collections and provides only info on pets, Wowhead and MMO-Champion don't need to worry about confusing their users about a beta pet that gets changed or removed. Personally, that's what I'd be most concerned about if we added beta pet profiles. Disappointing/confusing everyone because a beta pet was suddenly removed or changed.

All that said, we'll still keep this idea in mind. Thanks for the good suggestion! :)
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com