Well that didn't take long...

Arrange pet trades on US and Oceanic servers.
Tekulve2012
Pet Score:4376
BattleTag®:kingsfoiler#1479
Realm:Sisters of Elune-us
Re: Well that didn't take long...

Post by Tekulve2012 » July 5th, 2014, 3:46 am

Error due to using a handheld atm ...you are quick Faelar ... GL with your trade thread ... and hey, make sure you stick around here

Faelar
Top Rater
Pet Score:6744
BattleTag®:Faelar#1331
Realm:Thrall-us

Post by Faelar » July 5th, 2014, 3:49 am

Yeah I'm just annoyed at the whole tuskarr kite thing. If anything I'll just stick to lower end pets and give up on any former high value TCGs, but it really did kill a lot of fun for trading for me.

As far as this thread goes though I think it is a good debate to have and also gives exposure to these pets that just got hit so people are aware.

Mystical
Pet Score:6048
BattleTag®:Mystical#11881
Realm:Ragnaros-us

Post by Mystical » July 5th, 2014, 11:21 am

OMG... My AH is full of Rocket chickens now... As the tittle says, this didn't take long :( I feel sad

Slugggo
Top Rater
Pet Score:13767
Realm:Moonrunner-us

Post by Slugggo » July 5th, 2014, 11:41 am

I wonder why this is exploding right now. If only one person/group had access to duping, you'd dribble it out slowly, one or two pets at a time. If multiple people had access to duping, they'd inevitably end up in their own bizarre AH war.

But it''s like some crazy pet end-of-the-world sale just happened. Over on Stormrage, Tuskarr Kites, Viscous Horrors, Bananas and other TCG pets have suddenly flooded the market way beneath their usual listings. Maybe the sellers think this is the best time to sell, while people have a lot of gold before the next expansion?

Faelar
Top Rater

Post by Faelar » July 5th, 2014, 12:32 pm

Wow rocket chickens too. Good freaking game. This is beyond stupid.

Mystical

Post by Mystical » July 5th, 2014, 12:37 pm

Faelar wrote:Wow rocket chickens too. Good freaking game. This is beyond stupid.
Now I'm believing what you said, they won't stop.. I think Darkmoon rabbits , claws and every other pet that worth a decent amount of gold will be duped..

I will stop investing gold in pets atm...

And sorry for the bad english... My english is worse when I'm angry :oops:

Faelar
Top Rater

Post by Faelar » July 5th, 2014, 12:45 pm

Yeah if Blizzard continues to ignore this crap I don't know what we can do. Besides just watch our pets turn into all the same worth with no trading market to be had.

Faelar
Top Rater

Post by Faelar » July 5th, 2014, 12:51 pm

Sure why not, what is stopping them from going on to mounts next? who really knows

Mystical

Post by Mystical » July 5th, 2014, 1:13 pm

I noticed something weird happening with the TCG mounts in many realms.. Not sure about it, because this only happened in high pop realms, not in low pop realms yet..

Faelar
Top Rater

Post by Faelar » July 5th, 2014, 1:15 pm

I never watch mounts so I wouldn't notice it right away if something funny was going on with those too.

Sibi
Top Rater
Pet Score:10062
BattleTag®:sibylline#1481
Realm:Emerald Dream-us

Post by Sibi » July 5th, 2014, 1:18 pm

They already do mounts in case you missed the Crimson Death Charger and the Onyx Panther (JC'er mount I think that's the name). They also did Epic Gems in the last expansion and many other things.
I happened to have bought my Tuskarr Kite 2 yrs ago for 1k straight out of trade chat(the guy clearly didn't know what he had or didn't care) and my Rocket Chicken last year for 4k (most likely an AH posting error).
Some people have been angry at pet flippers for a long time, now the pet flippers are mad at the dupers.
Frankly, everything in WoW gets ruined at some point. If the cross faction AH thing holds true most markets for everything in game will be furthered ruined anyway.
All it really ends up being is another point towards the sad state of this game and Blizzard's lack of care for it's players.
People will however keep playing.
(And before you say ha ha you play too, my playtime has dropped to less than an hour a week since March and finally expires at the end of the month after all my RaF trading free time ends)
Last edited by Sibi on July 5th, 2014, 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Faelar
Top Rater

Post by Faelar » July 5th, 2014, 1:21 pm

I mean yeah there are some really sad points to all of this happening but it won't stop me from playing. I still enjoy raiding but I used pet trading as a good outlet to keep me enthused with the game and still playing as we wait for this new expansion.

Yeah 2 mounts got hit in the past but no other mounts have been hit since then that I know of. If they would just plug this hole with the TCG pets I'd be a lot happier.

Cerridwen
Pet Score:11753
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Cerridwen » July 5th, 2014, 1:56 pm

It is really disheartening. I've had my Tuskarr kite for over a year and spent 150k on it. I keep it as my bank toon's pet and have people ask to buy it everytime I log in. Same thing happened with my EST, Spectral Kitten, Dragon Kite, Rocket Chicken etc. I've either spent large quantites of gold or traded various things to get the higher end pets and now they are basically worthless.

Faelar
Top Rater

Post by Faelar » July 5th, 2014, 1:58 pm

yup its why Im defaulting to using CE bets and blizzcon pets these days. I try to find the pets that cant be freaking duped now.

Sibi
Top Rater
Pet Score:10062
BattleTag®:sibylline#1481
Realm:Emerald Dream-us

Post by Sibi » July 5th, 2014, 2:02 pm

I'm almost certain it has happened with a couple of other mounts.
Blizzard doesn't care. They frankly don't care about anything and won't so long as they keep making money off sub-fees and store sales.
And to only care about the toll it takes on the part of the market that you deal with isn't helpful considering it started with gems and branched out from there. If there is way to apply something to one thing, generally there is a way to apply it to most if not all things.

Faelar
Top Rater

Post by Faelar » July 5th, 2014, 2:07 pm

I care about the other markets but this is a pet trading forum so I mainly focus on that.

I do remember the epic gems getting duped but they were stupid they were flooding those before they were even being picked up by most guilds so they got found out quickly and swiftly banned from what I understand.

I remember both mounts and the dupes with them but I don't know of any others outside of that.

Faelar
Top Rater

Post by Faelar » July 5th, 2014, 6:00 pm

Made a thread over on the customer support forums on the wow site if you guys want to read it over and chime in. I'm really hoping for some answers.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/13347124807#1

as to be expected with crappy wow forums, my post is getting mostly trolled.