So it seems people are really trying to beat me...

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Aerozia
Pet Score:8990
BattleTag®:Aerozia#1505
Realm:Skullcrusher-us
So it seems people are really trying to beat me...

Post by Aerozia » July 5th, 2014, 1:53 pm

its weird, ive spent the last couple hours pet battling, and sure I ran into a few pets people love to use, murkalot with fossilized hatchling, some direhorns ect. but after my first 45 minutes of lvl 25 pvp pet battling via the queing system, I started running into some valks(I'm using valk, stitched pup, and son of animus) then some stitched pups, then I found a guy who used a stitched pup and an animus... then I found a team of all frogs, then another team of valk and two elementals(fel flame and searing scorchling). It seems like some of the people ive been fighting(ive gotten some of the same people over and over) have started trying to beat me... but they haven't, yet. I haven't lost a game today. I will say I love it, the challenge, because its easy to see they don't know how to use their pets properly. the three frogs one was interesting, still killed most of their team with my undead pets.

Awq
Realm:Shattered Halls-eu

Re: So it seems people are really trying to beat me...

Post by Awq » July 5th, 2014, 3:54 pm

Son of Animus is really undervalued in my opinion. This pet has such a great winratio for me!

It's fun when people try to make counters with teams that you normally don't see. I had no clue how a triple elemental team play out against my double mechanical team for example.

B1kshad0w
Pet Score:7060
Realm:Uldaman-us

Post by B1kshad0w » July 5th, 2014, 6:31 pm

I beat you so you didn't win them all. lol

Tekulve2012
Pet Score:4376
BattleTag®:kingsfoiler#1479
Realm:Sisters of Elune-us

Post by Tekulve2012 » July 10th, 2014, 12:19 am

Your team would have trouble with the clone dancer team that runs with the imper.eagle p/p and the p/p emp. Crab or spirit crab as the third. The s/s Dancer is a wrecking ball and your team is rather slow and has no weather control.

Genome
Pet Score:2401
Realm:Sen'jin-us

Post by Genome » July 20th, 2014, 5:18 pm

Just so you know, I am not trying to be negative here. You are using two extremely powerful pets when paired together, one of which is very broken atm, and the other has a mechanic that becomes broken (Consume Corpse) when used with the first pet's broken ability (if you are using Haunt, which 99% of Valk users do). The Animus has it's moments, but I don't find him overly useful compared to other Mechs. He is strong, don't get me wrong, but he isn't what is making your comp powerful. Against many Valk teams, you can play perfectly and still lose if you don't have the nearly-perfect counter. The Valk is just easier to play badly and get away with it because of what he brings to the table. Use UA with the Valk with the same team setup and see if you go a whole day without losing a match.

People will of course be trying to beat you, that is the point of pet battles. If I ran into your team more than twice, I would tweak my comp till I found what worked against you. That is the nature of pet battles; variety. Also, beating Valk teams gives many people immense satisfaction because beating something OP is good for morale. You say you like a challenge, well, don't use Valks/SS DAH's/Ravens/Idols/Jademists and pet battling truly does become a challenge :).