probable Tuskarr Kite / Bananas dupes

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Poofah
Pet Score:4206
Realm:Llane-us
probable Tuskarr Kite / Bananas dupes

Post by Poofah » July 4th, 2014, 6:22 pm

from Faelar's wow forum post: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/13347124723

UJ bears this out -- there are 100+ of both of these pets now, at strangely fixed prices across many servers. EU realms already had Tuskarr Kite dupes, but this is the first time I've seen solid evidence for them on US. Bananas was already pretty cheap, so it's worrisome if this was duped -- it would mean that the 'cost' of duping is a lot lower than I assumed based on the previous targets.

Bignasty
Top Rater

Re: probable Tuskarr Kite / Bananas dupes

Post by Bignasty » July 5th, 2014, 6:47 pm

Was coming here to say the exact same thing, Tuskarr kite 2 at once on the AH for 50k (yeah I bought one lol, it was the last needed pet for me buyable in game) so I would hold off on spending if you didnt have to, they will come down in price

Matricide
Pet Score:3960
BattleTag®:Matricide#1149
Realm:Earthen Ring-us

Post by Matricide » July 5th, 2014, 8:23 pm

all the TCG stuff is dropping real fast on Illidan. Same seller has them all listed for half the normal cost and shouts are even less.

Poofah

Post by Poofah » July 5th, 2014, 9:29 pm

Yep. There's a very clear pattern of lvl 1 sellers who all have some combination of Tuskarr Kite 50k, Dragon Kite 30k, Bananas 20k, Rocket Chicken 30k, Viscous Horror 40k, EST 20k. These sellers don't seem to be selling cubs, but there's a zillion cubs out there already from all the previous dupe waves. So nearly everything has been duped now. Darkmoon Rabbit and Hippogryph Hatchling seem to have been spared, but there doesn't seem to be any reason to think they'll stay that way.

Siegurd333
Top Rater
Pet Score:4485
Realm:Korialstrasz-us

Post by Siegurd333 » July 8th, 2014, 4:57 pm

Poofah wrote:Viscous Horror 40k
I thought it was limited to TCG ones, though I don't know how the duping glitch works myself. Perhaps coincidentally, or not... Viscous Horror has started showing up on Korialstrasz server just in the last 7 days.

Since 5.3, they have not been seen on my server's AH (according to Undermine Journal [url]https://theunderminejournal.com/battlepet.php?realm=A-Korialstrasz&species=1244[/url]) but in the last few days 3-4 have been sold for 40k each time.

I've been shouting for months in trade, unless the drop rate suddenly increased I can't imagine why anyone would begin selling a pet worth up to 100k on some servers over here on Korial for less than half the value on a medium to low-ish pop server.

Poofah

Post by Poofah » July 8th, 2014, 5:34 pm

Siegurd333 wrote:I thought it was limited to TCG ones, though I don't know how the duping glitch works myself.
I don't know either, and prior to VH it had been limited to TCG pets. But a wave of VH hit in May/June, and of course they reappeared in this most recent wave as well. Here's a post on the May/June wave: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/12673459161 .

It's possible the TCG pets got hit first because they were the most profitable, and they moved on to other pets after the TCG pet prices tanked. This would fit with the chronology of duping so far -- cub first, 250k+ at the time; then EST, 250k+ at the time; then Dragon Kite, 100k+ at the time; then VH, 120-180k at the time; then Tuskarr/Rocket Chicken/Bananas, roughly 100k/80k/45k at the time. Or maybe it's easier to dupe TCG pets, but VH was so expensive that they made a special effort for that one.

We can only guess at how the dupes get made, so we can only speculate about what might get hit next. Darkmoon Rabbit/Hippogryph Hatchling would be the next logical target if they're going for the most profitable pets -- these are the only remaining non-duped pets that sell for >20k on high-pop servers.