ethereal soul trader scan?

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Gaijin
Pet Score:9380
Realm:Goldrinn-us
ethereal soul trader scan?

Post by Gaijin » June 30th, 2014, 9:23 pm

Guys recently i have noticed a bloom of ethereal soul trader.
sometimes i have seen one for 150k after a long while 120
i manage to buy one at 90k golds and i thought was luck...

But it is not stopped to pop up in AH around a lot of realms
today in goldrinn i saw 3 of then sold at 35k each.

So my question, this is all about black AH or there is something very wierd about it?
like someone stolen collectors account or clonning itens?

should i be concerned about mine, that i bought more than 3 months ago?

Rioriel
Top Rater
Pet Score:10504
Realm:The Sha'tar-eu

Re: ethereal soul trader scan?

Post by Rioriel » July 1st, 2014, 6:47 am

Highly likely to be what is being called "duping", where TCG and other code-redeemed items are being generated maliciously and sold on AH. Quite a few threads about it. No one ever appears to have had a pet removed from their collection though, so the moral tightrope is yours to walk.

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Peanutty » July 1st, 2014, 1:01 pm

Seems to be another wave of questionable Soul Traders hitting the market, on the few realms I've checked. They're down around 30-40k right now with the same sellers listing multiple copies. The last round had them down to around 50-60k. They don't seem to be doing Spectral Tigers or Dragon Kites again though?

I would wager most Soul Traders sold in the last several months are dupes but there's no way to prove if they're legit or not, and as long as you aren't participating in the duping it is very unlikely you'll lose yours or be punished in any way.

Graven
Pet Score:5307
Realm:Terenas-eu

Post by Graven » July 1st, 2014, 2:49 pm

Peanutty wrote:They don't seem to be doing Spectral Tigers or Dragon Kites again though?
Not so sure about that. I've seen spectral tigers for 30k and dragon kites as low as 15k lately. :(

Peanutty

Post by Peanutty » July 1st, 2014, 4:58 pm

Graven wrote:
Peanutty wrote:They don't seem to be doing Spectral Tigers or Dragon Kites again though?
Not so sure about that. I've seen spectral tigers for 30k and dragon kites as low as 15k lately. :(
The trade barkers I've seen the last couple of days have been Soul Trader + Jeweled Onyx Panthers. Wonder how low prices have to drop before they finally give up on these particular items.

Poofah
Pet Score:4206
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Poofah » July 1st, 2014, 6:00 pm

Peanutty wrote:Wonder how low prices have to drop before they finally give up on these particular items.
That depends on how much it costs to make them. Duping is free, afaik -- the only cost is the risk of getting an account ban, and the opportunity cost of the time invested in duping/selling. The price floor is theoretically very low.

Anyway, I don't think this is really a new wave. EST and cub have been dupe targets for over a year now, so there's tons of dupes left over from previous waves (in legitimate players' hands as well as dupers'). I suspect that a lot of legit players have been holding on to ESTs/cubs in the hopes that the price would rebound: clearly it hasn't, and many of them are probably just trying to cut their losses at this point.

Of course, there's no way Bliz was able to ban all of the dupers' stockpiles, so there's probably still some supply from the dupers, even if they aren't actively making new dupes.

Kendrah
MVP
Pet Score:9579
Realm:Thrall-us

Post by Kendrah » July 3rd, 2014, 11:47 am

Gaijin wrote:But it is not stopped to pop up in AH around a lot of realms
today in goldrinn i saw 3 of then sold at 35k each.
Ha! There's seven currently up on auction on my server with the lowest being 29k. I was like you and bought one a long while back for a lot of gold. It's kind of depressing.

Kel
Pet Score:4788
BattleTag®:TerribleTim#1747
Realm:Ravencrest-us

Post by Kel » July 3rd, 2014, 1:28 pm

Well, there's ZERO on my server. :cry:
HayWire Motorsports
Tacoma, Washington
http://www.haywire-racing.com

Graven

Post by Graven » July 3rd, 2014, 2:35 pm

Kel wrote:Well, there's ZERO on my server. :cry:
Just make an alt on a busier server if you're looking for pets. There's no point waiting for someone to list them on a dead server, cause they will probably be massively overpriced if they even show up.

My home server is like that. I got sick of the best/ highest priced pet on there being something like an Ominous Flame for 7k or a Sinister Squashling for 5500g, so I made a pet-buying alt on a busy server. Having enough of a population for there to be a proper AH economy, with real competition etc, rocks. :)

Kel
Pet Score:4788
BattleTag®:TerribleTim#1747
Realm:Ravencrest-us

Post by Kel » July 4th, 2014, 5:15 pm

Yea, the only problem there is, having gold on the other server to get them. :?
HayWire Motorsports
Tacoma, Washington
http://www.haywire-racing.com

Peanutty

Post by Peanutty » July 4th, 2014, 5:29 pm

If you don't want to do the whole "buy pets on realm A and resell on realm B" you can still trade for them here or even roll an alt on realm B and ask sellers if they'd do a trade. Had someone do just that a little while ago, they didn't have funds on Illidan but saw my auction there and asked if I'd take a trade and offered a fair deal in line with the prices there, so I accepted.

Graven

Post by Graven » July 5th, 2014, 6:42 am

Yea, I should've added that I raised the gold on the alt-server by farming and buying pets with my mains to sell over there. Thought that bit was obvious though. ;)

Peanutty

Post by Peanutty » July 5th, 2014, 1:27 pm

Oh, well yes, I suppose it's obvious to most folks who frequent these forums. But not all people know about all the ways they can go about filling out their collections, so just putting some ideas out there. :)