reporting pet names?

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Yukio
Pet Score:10899
Realm:Illidan-us
reporting pet names?

Post by Yukio » June 23rd, 2014, 6:55 pm

Does any mechanism exist to report players using pet names that violate the TOS?

I mean when you que for a PVP pet battle you do not see the name of your opponent's character but I keep running into some people using very sexually explicit names, racial epithets, and even a vulgar threat. How can I report these players?

Kel
Pet Score:4788
BattleTag®:TerribleTim#1747
Realm:Ravencrest-us

Re: reporting pet names?

Post by Kel » June 23rd, 2014, 7:06 pm

Screen shot? Doesn't that still work? And then email it in?
HayWire Motorsports
Tacoma, Washington
http://www.haywire-racing.com

Wakamaru
MVP
Pet Score:12165
BattleTag®:Wakamaru#1375
Realm:Bladefist-us

Post by Wakamaru » June 23rd, 2014, 8:36 pm

I would think a screenshot of the battle along with reporting the time of the encounter would do the trick. That way blizzard could see the names, and look through the logs to see who you encountered at said time (since we can't see the players names).
@TamerWakamaru

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » June 23rd, 2014, 8:38 pm

You could also include the exact time and day that you ran into the other team in a PVP battle. Having the name of your realm and battlegroup may also help a GM go through the logs to find the person you were battling against.

I'm surprised they have yet to implement an option to right click on your opponent's portrait and select "report for (pet) name" (anonymity shouldn't have any impact on being able to report someone).
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Graven
Pet Score:5307
Realm:Terenas-eu

Post by Graven » June 24th, 2014, 2:59 pm

I read somewhere that they have no way of finding a player from a pet name. So if you told a GM about a pet with an inappropriate name, they would not be able to trace that back to a player or account.

Saying that, these people must have used a bit of imagination to get these names in. I sometimes can't even get things past the name filter that are completely innocuous and not offensive at all. I guess I can (sort of) understand why they blocked "ball" and "hot" but seriously what is wrong with words like "zigzag" and "chef"? :roll:

Gwenolyn
MVP
Pet Score:5462
BattleTag®:Gwenolyn#1245
Realm:Aerie Peak-us

Post by Gwenolyn » June 24th, 2014, 6:48 pm

I think people just add a fancy letter in:

ü
ì
é

etc etc. Sometimes the additional mark is barely noticeable.

Profane
Top Rater
Pet Score:4105
BattleTag®:profane#1515
Realm:Zul'jin-us

Post by Profane » June 27th, 2014, 1:41 pm

I find it ridiculous that I can't name my white elfin rabbit "Snowball", but people can use other things.

Drudatz
Top Rater
Pet Score:10205
Realm:Kul Tiras-eu

Post by Drudatz » July 6th, 2014, 7:18 am

Quintessence wrote:You could also include the exact time and day that you ran into the other team in a PVP battle. Having the name of your realm and battlegroup may also help a GM go through the logs to find the person you were battling against.

I'm surprised they have yet to implement an option to right click on your opponent's portrait and select "report for (pet) name" (anonymity shouldn't have any impact on being able to report someone).
I tried everything possible till I got bluntly told by a GM "Sorry where not able to track players and there pet at all even if you tell us the time etc when you played him" thats when I gave up trying to report pets like Adolf Hitler and the like cause its worthless.
:(

But perhaps our dear Quintessence or Breanni can persuade Blizzard to change that :?: