Bloody Coins

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Bloody Coins

Post by Guest » June 20th, 2014, 2:15 pm

Hey, everyone. I don't post often, but I check this place daily. I noticed that nobody seems to have mentioned Bloody Coin farming yet.
There's been some interesting changes to the methods used to acquire them, and needing to get a Vengeful Porcupette, I'm surprised nobody has asked this.

I'd like a partner to farm bloody coins with. Basically, you, as a Horde level 90, will strip down at a graveyard while I kill you several thousand times. Then, I'll do the same for you. If you're interested, leave a comment or PM me.
Also, I'm on Alliance Whisperwind, so some compatability issues may apply.

Luciandk
Pet Score:3576
Realm:Argent Dawn-eu

Re: Bloody Coins

Post by Luciandk » June 20th, 2014, 3:38 pm

Be aware that once dying to a bloody coin collector, you get debuffed for 10 mins and cannot yield more coins until its gone.

Post by Guest » June 20th, 2014, 4:26 pm

Incorrect. Using Fire Watcher's Oath, you gain a bloody coin with every killing blow against an opposing faction level 90. No debuff, for now anyway.

Kendrah
MVP
Pet Score:9579
Realm:Thrall-us

Post by Kendrah » June 21st, 2014, 12:13 am

Jpchaos27 wrote:Incorrect. Using Fire Watcher's Oath, you gain a bloody coin with every killing blow against an opposing faction level 90. No debuff, for now anyway.
Yeah, there is a debuff. I've gotten it plenty of times myself (Timeless Isle is a war zone on PVP servers.) You get the debuff if you die to either faction.

Post by Guest » June 21st, 2014, 2:07 am

When was the last time you saw it? The changes to the item are fairly recent, within the last week or so, and there are people who claim to get 200 coins an hour or more. Which wouldn't be possible if there's a debuff.
I'd test it out myself to be sure, but I don't have a 90 Horde to wail on.

Post by Guest » June 21st, 2014, 2:10 am

Also, I'm referring to the item you buy with 100 timeless coins (used to be 50 bloody coins) that you can use anywhere in the world, not just TI. Not sure if that makes a difference, though I hear you can sometimes get 2 coins per kill if you use both items and make your kills on the Isle.

Bauk
Pet Score:4448
Realm:Stormreaver-eu

Post by Bauk » June 21st, 2014, 3:50 am

Oh I just saw you're on US server. Well if anyone is interested in this on EU server, I'm horde with plenty lvl90 on few servers. Just send pm here. So we can do this for few hour today&tomorrow afternoon.
Last edited by Bauk on June 24th, 2014, 8:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13928
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » June 21st, 2014, 5:30 am

Jpchaos27 wrote:Also, I'm referring to the item you buy with 100 timeless coins (used to be 50 bloody coins) that you can use anywhere in the world, not just TI. Not sure if that makes a difference, though I hear you can sometimes get 2 coins per kill if you use both items and make your kills on the Isle.
I believe there is a difference. The item that can only be used on the Timeless Isle (Censer of Eternal Agony) does result in a 10 minute debuff on your target, preventing you from getting a Bloody Coin from them for the duration. The censer was also increased to a 1 hour on use cooldown.

On the other hand, the Fire-Watcher's Oath (can be used anywhere) was essentially buffed. 100% chance to earn a Blood Coin from a killing blow while the oath buff is active on you. Blizzard is pretty much pushing this item to encourage players to farm for coins in battlegrounds.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Kendrah
MVP

Post by Kendrah » June 21st, 2014, 2:41 pm

Jpchaos27 wrote:When was the last time you saw it? The changes to the item are fairly recent, within the last week or so, and there are people who claim to get 200 coins an hour or more. Which wouldn't be possible if there's a debuff.
I'd test it out myself to be sure, but I don't have a 90 Horde to wail on.
A week or so. ;P I'm terrible at PVP. :lol: I see it a lot. I dunno why one of my alts is on a PVP server. XD

Post by Guest » June 21st, 2014, 5:40 pm

Ok, a buddy of mine did it. Got killed by an oath user on Kalimdor and did NOT get a debuff. Let the guy kill him a few times and no debuff at all.
Pity his horde was on a different realm... :(

Point is, the coin farming is very possible. Hit me up at urusei#1913 if you're interested. Would be nice to get those Vengeful Porcupettes soon!

Kendrah
MVP

Post by Kendrah » June 22nd, 2014, 12:18 am

Jpchaos27 wrote:Ok, a buddy of mine did it. Got killed by an oath user on Kalimdor and did NOT get a debuff. Let the guy kill him a few times and no debuff at all.
Pity his horde was on a different realm... :(
Yes. There are two different items being used here. The oath and the censor are different. The oath can be used anywhere and there is only a chance to get the coins. That's something to keep in mind. You can use this in a BG. I think that would probably be the best place to use the oath. I think the chance is 9 or 10% to get coins.

Post by Guest » June 22nd, 2014, 12:37 am

Except that you're not guaranteed a killing blow in a BG. Also, people are reporting getting the mount in 30 minutes via the method I stated above.

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13928
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » June 22nd, 2014, 6:28 am

Kendrah wrote:The oath can be used anywhere and there is only a chance to get the coins. That's something to keep in mind. You can use this in a BG. I think that would probably be the best place to use the oath. I think the chance is 9 or 10% to get coins.
They [url=http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/13140404016?page=26#502]changed it to 100%[/url] chance while the oath buff is active on you. Still need to land the killing blow, though. :?
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Post by Guest » June 22nd, 2014, 8:49 am

^ Thanks, Quintessence, I thought they had, but I wasn't sure enough to say so.

Now that all the unnecessary doubt can be cast aside, if anyone is interested in coin farming, hit me up or post here.

Kendrah
MVP

Post by Kendrah » June 22nd, 2014, 1:44 pm

Quintessence wrote:They [url=http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/13140404016?page=26#502]changed it to 100%[/url] chance while the oath buff is active on you. Still need to land the killing blow, though. :?
Really? And it's still just 100 timeless coins? Why don't they just sell the mount and pets for timeless coins if they're just giving them away like that?

Post by Guest » June 22nd, 2014, 1:53 pm

They still want people to PvP and earn the rewards, they've just made it a much less daunting task to get started. Before, when the Oath cost 50 coins, you had to do your kills on Timeless Isle, which was a big hurdle for non-PvPers like myself.

Simmias
Pet Score:4458
Realm:Frostmourne-us

Post by Simmias » June 22nd, 2014, 9:43 pm

it's hit the porc market hard. Far too easy to get them now.

Graven
Pet Score:5307
Realm:Terenas-eu

Post by Graven » June 23rd, 2014, 4:29 am

Kendrah wrote:
Quintessence wrote:They [url=http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/13140404016?page=26#502]changed it to 100%[/url] chance while the oath buff is active on you. Still need to land the killing blow, though. :?
Really? And it's still just 100 timeless coins? Why don't they just sell the mount and pets for timeless coins if they're just giving them away like that?
They aren't exactly giving them away, it still takes quite some time to get them through normal means (without kill trading).

Monekop
Top Rater
Pet Score:13652
BattleTag®:MonekopSilk#2526
Realm:Shadowsong-eu

Post by Monekop » June 23rd, 2014, 5:33 am

I will happily farm with you. I have a dozen or so alliance toons to play with and some horde.

MonekopSilk#2526 EU-Shadowsong

Same goes for anyone else, I am online daily 2100 server time onwards. Add me and I will happily let you butcher me for several hours.

Post by Guest » June 23rd, 2014, 5:57 am

I'm on Whisperwind-US, so I don't know if that would work due to the regional difference. But I'll add you and we can see what happens! :)