Just won the Dragon Kite on the BMAH for.........

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Misstic
MVP
Pet Score:6356
Realm:Illidan-us
Just won the Dragon Kite on the BMAH for.........

Post by Misstic » November 30th, 2012, 1:59 am

Final price was 110,200K. Do you think it was too much? A good deal? I only had 52K myself, so my awesome hubby let me borrow the rest, love him, and thank you hubby! :-)

Hellomynameis
Pet Score:2162
Realm:Shattered Hand-eu

Re: Just won the Dragon Kite on the BMAH for.........

Post by Hellomynameis » November 30th, 2012, 2:11 am

Misstic wrote:Final price was 110,200K. Do you think it was too much? A good deal? I only had 52K myself, so my awesome hubby let me borrow the rest, love him, and thank you hubby! :-)
110k for a pet, the settled max price on regular AH on my realm for a pet has been 50k the last week or so. But some pets are better than others, and it just became a battle pet, so perhaps it was a good deal. I really dunno :) Gz!

Yazhi
MVP
Pet Score:4810
Realm:Emerald Dream-eu

Post by Yazhi » November 30th, 2012, 4:58 am

Its a lot of gold but realistically that thing sells on my server generally 180-240k so that would be a good deal for me. It's nice to get things on BMAH because it can be really hard to track down the last pets you need from TCG, I been after the same two for months now.

Grats on your new Kite ^^

Rosetta
Pet Score:7172
Realm:Runetotem-eu

Post by Rosetta » November 30th, 2012, 11:42 am

I managed to buy mine for 30,000g on regular AH.

Is there a bug on this pet? It still suggests on pet tab that the pet is not a battle pet.

Licus
Pet Score:3550
Realm:Area 52-us

Post by Licus » November 30th, 2012, 12:18 pm

That is what I would consider an average/fair price to pay for it. Observations made on tcg-item economies on different realms always leads me to the same conclusion: 1k gold = roughly a dollar. Dragon kite is worth about 125 dollars and most often I see them around that price. Sometimes they are listed for more and sometimes they are listed for less.

So, from a large picture/average outlook, you paid a fair price.

Mileage varies based on server economics obviously.

Vhale
MVP
Pet Score:10441
Realm:Durotan-us

Post by Vhale » November 30th, 2012, 12:27 pm

I've seen it range from 110k to 180k personally, so it seems like a good deal. Sadly, it's greatly changed in 5.1. I don't know if it's a bug or not but trying to get a reply on the forums.

it flies much lower. It doesn't change color anymore. And it doesn't get hit by lightning anymore. I'd rather have my cool old kite than lose all that for it to be a battle pet. Or they could have put a doppleganger in game.