Share pet collecting news and advice.
Ril
Top Rater
Pet Score:10049
Realm:Silvermoon-eu
Share your best Wild Pets farming spot!

Post by Ril » June 18th, 2014, 5:18 am

Hello fellow pet battlers!

While bringing several pets to 25 from 24 via wild pets, the thought came that it would be neat to do it with opponents that have a chance of dropping an useful battle-stone, namely those families that include lots of pets! So, what are the best farm spots you can come up with? I'll start, but let me know if you know better places:

- Flying: Jade Forest, Shrine Flies. They are easy kills, spawn frequently and have aquatics, beasts and critters as accompany pets.
- Critters: Around Lucky Yi, you can find more critters (whole groups of them) in the surrounding areas.
- Aquatic: ?
- Beasts: ?

Pet families with few options are not worth farming since the daily quest supply will be enough to stone them all long before the high populated families are done. That would be: Dragonkin, Elemental, Humanoid, Magic, Mechanical, Undead. If for some reason you think those farm spots are still useful (e.g. for new players who want to build up their tamer teams as quick as possible) feel free to share them of course.

Jerebear
Pet Score:13370
Realm:Llane-us

Re: Share your best Wild Pets farming spot!

Post by Jerebear » June 18th, 2014, 1:45 pm

I do critters around Nitun (moderately good spot)
I do beasts near Gorespine (very good spot).
Aquatics in the Vale
Carry Pet Experience Reference Guide:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8829

Azrile
Pet Score:3600
Realm:Fenris-us

Post by Azrile » June 20th, 2014, 8:09 pm

I raised all my pets to 25 using the crickets in Valley4wind that are near the legendary cricket ( west of halfhill). If you use two raptors with the ´self-heal on kill´ (devour) ability, you basically never have to heal them, and definitely not more than every 8 mins. There are 3 crickets right at the legendary that respawn fairly fast, but at times you may have to wander off a bit to find something to fight.

But the best area is the very west of Dread wastes killing the beasts that are around the legendary beast out there. There are 5 of 6 of them lined up perfectly so you never have to wait for respawns. The only minor problem is that you should be using mechanical pets as your 2 25s, and they might get beat down before your 8mins is up, so you should make sure to have a stack of bandages.

Bwana
MVP
Pet Score:4250
Realm:Skywall-us

Post by Bwana » June 21st, 2014, 3:36 am

Azrile wrote:But the best area is the very west of Dread wastes killing the beasts that are around the legendary beast out there. There are 5 of 6 of them lined up perfectly so you never have to wait for respawns. The only minor problem is that you should be using mechanical pets as your 2 25s, and they might get beat down before your 8mins is up, so you should make sure to have a stack of bandages.
I almost hate to see people mention the Gorespine spot just because on my server I seem to be the only one who uses it and I''d like to keep it that way, That said, I'm at 24.7 avg level, so I won't need it much longer.

While mechs do better damage, I find that my [pet]Feline Familiar[/pet] does very well here. With the aforementioned Devour and it's shield, it destroys the extra critters and does just fine against the beasts and aquatics with no bandages needed. If you place yourself in the right spot, you never even have to move to battle all of the surrounding pets.

Jerebear
Pet Score:13370
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Jerebear » June 21st, 2014, 10:05 am

Not to mention, all the wild battles by Gorespine are level 24 and 25, which makes the levelling slightly faster than places like VotFW and Jade forest where you have level 23's
Carry Pet Experience Reference Guide:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8829