Dont want lose gold again

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Momof4rugratz
Pet Score:12251
BattleTag®:BunnyHunny#1229
Realm:Arathor-us
Dont want lose gold again

Post by Momof4rugratz » June 16th, 2014, 6:18 pm

Mana Wyrmling is on sale in our AH but I just bought a silverdragonhawk and toxic wastling both where in rare section and blue learned it both green that was 6k down the drain I am just so upset. SO Now is see Mana Wyrmling for 4k I was going get it decided I would ask you all here first since I cant get a stone to do it. I do all dailies for bags daily but pandarian ones. I am working on that now but so far i get butt kicked ... So is Mana Wyrmling a blue on the AH still be a blue.

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Re: Dont want lose gold again

Post by Peanutty » June 16th, 2014, 7:56 pm

If a Mana Wyrmling has not been learned, it will be uncommon when learned... however unlearned Mana Wyrmlings show up as a common (white) item in AH. So in this case you are looking at an upgraded to rare Mana Wyrmling.

Tip: If you only want pets that are already upgraded, when looking at the AH, first click on "Battle Pets" before searching. Everything that shows up in your search then will be previously learned and caged pets, that is, they will be learned by you with the rarity shown. Pets found in the "Misc" section of the AH only show the rarity of the item that teaches the pet and does not accurately show you what the pet's quality will be once learned.

Another tip: Previously caged and learned pets, when you mouse over them in AH, will show things like level and their stats and rarity. Pets that are unlearned, when you mouse over them, will say "Teaches you how to summon this companion" but does not give you any guarantee of stats or rarity.

(Also I know you didn't ask, but 4k for a Mana Wyrmling, even rare, is a rip off. You might want to consider looking into trading for stone upgrades on the forums here. The Mana Wyrmling only costs about 30g to buy, and a stone would be maybe 1k more.)

Kpb321
Pet Score:3974
BattleTag®:kpb#1554
Realm:Sisters of Elune-us

Post by Kpb321 » June 16th, 2014, 8:46 pm

Peanutty pretty much covered it. For some pets there are two ways to get them.

1) an item that teaches you the pet
2) the caged pet.

For items that teach you the pet the rarity of the item doesn't necessarily correspond to the rarity of the learned pet. As you found there are a number of Items that are rare but teach you an uncommon pet but there are some that go the other way. The item to teach them is a common but the pet is uncommon. There is also the Hyacinth Macaw which the item that teaches you is Epic quality but the pet after you learn it is only rare. Unfortunately, some of these even have the same name for the item and the caged pet so you have to know to look for other signs like Peanutty mentioned. Others, like the Macaw have different names. The item is a bird cage, the caged pet isn't. They even have different icons.

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » June 16th, 2014, 10:22 pm

To add on to the already great info from Peanutty and Kpb321, [url=http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2978]here's a full list[/url] of all the pets that have a base quality of uncommon (green) in your Pet Journal.

Just another note if you plan on purchasing more pets from the Auction House -- In some cases the item that teaches the pet and the pet itself are named differently. Check for the name of the item and the pet itself in the Auction House just to be sure what you're paying is the current lowest.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Momof4rugratz

Post by Momof4rugratz » June 16th, 2014, 10:43 pm

What happened is I bout the Winters helper had on AH was blue I had a green in my bag. I bought blue and was just that rare and i resold the green for 3 gold.So I figured I do same with Golden dragonhawk and the toxic wastling. YET didn't work that way. In the search it was under rare quality. Also the winter helper was uncommon yet on AH was rare and it stayed rare.

Voskres
Top Rater
Pet Score:10910
BattleTag®:Vosk#1999
Realm:Cenarion Circle-us

Post by Voskres » June 16th, 2014, 11:55 pm

ONLY search Battle Pets tab in AH. Otherwise you can't tell without either already knowing or looking at list.

If you search until Battle Pets tab in AH, you will see pets are ONLY blue or green. The ones you buy under that tab that are blue will indeed be blue.

The reason you see pets you think only come as green that are blue on AH is because some of us will sell our extra drops and holiday pets and whatnot that come green, and stone them with the stones we get from dailies to make more money.

Winter's Helper is an example; it comes green as an original drop, however you can learn it, summon it, stone it, and cage it and it is now blue and sellable that way.

Sorry not trying to confuse, just bottom line to remember - search BATTLE PET AH TAB and if it is BLUE then it is RARE.

Luciandk
Pet Score:3576
Realm:Argent Dawn-eu

Post by Luciandk » June 17th, 2014, 2:09 am

Just like an unlearned Darkmoon Rabbit will show as epic quality, but turning blue once learned.

As blues have said, they are aware its not ideal that pets can have 2 different qualities. The first being the rarity of the drop item, then the quality of the pet itself.

Momof4rugratz

Post by Momof4rugratz » June 17th, 2014, 9:08 am

The mana is a level 5 and the hawk is a level 1 both under battle pets and both under rare tab. I will buy pray I don't get ripped off again BUT something tells me I might.It seems be my luck :( I wish I could get stones like you all but I can I do all bag dailies EXCEPT ones in panda land. Lately Major Payne because i cant bet him last 4 days.

Dolz
Pet Score:6070
Realm:Trollbane-us

Post by Dolz » June 17th, 2014, 9:23 am

This is something Blizz has had over two years to fix. Pet collecting has become an important part of WoW thanks to the battle and collecting added on MoP. So there is really no excuse for this continuing problem of the item that creates the pet and the created pet to have a different quality. By not correcting this it just creates confusion and bad feelings. All that should be required is for a Blizz employee to go through the database and make sure these values are the same. No big deal. If that's not the case then were talking about some very sloppy and bad coding.

Momof4rugratz

Post by Momof4rugratz » June 17th, 2014, 12:10 pm

Goldenhawk was a good deal. Was 1000 gold and stayed blue :) I didn't get the man because it was a level 25 and went up to 4k :( I hope to find a few more.

Graven
Pet Score:5307
Realm:Terenas-eu

Post by Graven » June 17th, 2014, 2:31 pm

Momof4rugratz wrote:Goldenhawk was a good deal. Was 1000 gold and stayed blue :)
I'm glad you're pleased with your buy, but this post makes me feel you still might not be 100% clear on this. There's no gamble if you know which section of the AH to search under.

If you buy it from the "Battle Pets" section on the AH (bottom of the list) you are getting a battle pet with a rarity and stats that you can see.

If you buy it from the "Miscellaneous - Companion Pets" section you are buying the item that you click to learn the pet, not the pet itself. The colour of the item you buy in this section is not related to the rarity of the pet itself (quite often a "blue" item will result in you learning a "green" pet).

Hope this helps clarify things somewhat, and good luck with the pet collecting. :)

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Peanutty » June 17th, 2014, 2:41 pm

This has nothing to do with luck or praying - everyone above gave good advice and if you just follow all the tips you will 100% never get the wrong item.

We've all been new to this at some point and all accidentally bought something that wasn't what we hoped it would be.

Digem
MVP
Pet Score:13800
Realm:Fizzcrank-us

Post by Digem » June 17th, 2014, 4:10 pm

Momof4rugratz wrote:The mana is a level 5 and the hawk is a level 1 both under battle pets and both under rare tab. I will buy pray I don't get ripped off again BUT something tells me I might.It seems be my luck :( I wish I could get stones like you all but I can I do all bag dailies EXCEPT ones in panda land. Lately Major Payne because i cant bet him last 4 days.

plenty of guides here on this site for those trainers that make them a push over or another great website with it all is wowpetbattles.com on youtube.

those pet tamer dailies if with the right teams are super easy heck, I leveled most of my pets thru them.

Edonae
Pet Score:8952
Realm:Hyjal-us

Post by Edonae » June 20th, 2014, 10:03 am

Momof4rugratz wrote:I can I do all bag dailies EXCEPT ones in panda land. Lately Major Payne because i cant bet him last 4 days.
I suggest checking out this guide: http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=4580

It says it's for 5.3, but the advice is definitely applicable in 5.4 as well., and fills the void of there not being a beginners guide for 5.4 An Anubisath Idol and an Emerald Proto Whelp are the only 2 pets you need to beat almost all of the Pandaria trainers. (And it looks like you have both of those already) Once you can beat them reliably, you'll have a fair flow of stones/XP to help you build a solid collection and follow the 5.4 guide, and also to beat Payne reliably.

(Btw, I also recommend checking Curse for the "PetBattle Teams" addon, I have a team set up for each of the Pandaria trainers now, even with a blank spot saved for a carry pet. Saves a LOT of time getting my farming team ready for each trainer.)

Kpb321
Pet Score:3974
BattleTag®:kpb#1554
Realm:Sisters of Elune-us

Post by Kpb321 » June 20th, 2014, 10:57 am

I prefer rematch but yes any add on that lets you save teams is helpful.